Another Dragon Age 2 Unlockable Goes Up For Grabs

dibblywibbles

Mar 20, 2009
it's going to fail after the first day. so there's no point in really worrying about it. if it took a week to get a million downloads of something worthwhile, this is just going to go by the wayside after the first day. I don't really have a problem with it though. I think they should pay me for doing it, not just get some shiny bauble though. I don't work for free. they can take their book that I really don't care about and shove it, they've already given a crapload of silly dlc already.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Oh lord. Please don't do this "We'll give you X item . . . BUT ONLY IF YOU DO SOMETHING COMPLETELY TRIVIAL!" thing with Mass Effect 3. Just put the the shit in the game and take my god damn money. I already have to re-purchase all of my Mass Effect 2 DLC because my main bioware/EA/e-mail account got locked due to the fact that I suck with passwords, so I made a new gamertag and I can't access DLC I already bought on the same hard drive just cuz it's a different gamertag. Sorry about that huge run on sentence. Too tired for proper grammar.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
hmm is this another one of these things where something that the escapist doesnt like turns out to be one of those things I think is quite cool?

if so here we go again!

I quite like this idea, it does bring some sense of working towards a common and cool objective as a group, encouraging social networking between fans of the same game is certainly not a bad thing.

Now should I tell these guys I also signed up on virgin gaming or will that get me lynch mobbed? Its always hard to tell with the escapist audience.

Anyway Im done waffling, see you all in kirkwall!

BrunDeign

Feb 14, 2008
IT'S RIGHT HERE! YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!

I wonder if Mr. Chalk posted that line knowing the reaction he would get? I'd say probably.

Light 086

Feb 10, 2011
I hate all this facebook associated crap, every time I go on to facebook it feels the need to tell me what my friend has achieved in some game the registered with it. That's why I stopped using the damn thing.

Dash85

Mar 21, 2010
Stiffkittin said:
Well, I did my part with the demo. But I'd rather eat broken glass and sing "The Lonely Goatherd" in the workplace through my cracked, bleeding lips than be forced to visit Facebook every day.

Sorry Bioware, I draw the line.
I'm now curious what that song is, but I'm afraid to look it up.

OT: No Bioware, just no. You ask too much for something I don't care enough about. Also, I actually don't care about the bonuses, I just want to read these things cuz I like reading these things. Unless I can't read them and all they do is give you said bonuses then...well...fuck.

kael013

Jun 12, 2010
Exort said:
Can Bioware stop with these unlockable DLC?
It is getting as annoying as spam mails.

unless EA force them to choose bewteen using EA's marketing team or this type of marketing. If that is the case I much rather this type.
I think this [i/]is[/i] EA marketing because I've never heard of a developer subsidary having to market the game they made when the company they work for has a marketing department. Besides, with all the backlash from the consumers and gaming news sites that EA has gotten with it's recenting marketing campiagns, I can see them trying a new tactic (incentives) over what they've been doing (shock).

KzoR said:
Just give us a good game... I fear they made it into some action hack and slash with rpg elements. Everyone say goodbye to DA1 style...
Even though I have DA:O and the DA2 demo on the 360, I preferred the pause-and-plan style of play. When I played the DA2 demo, I was still able to do exactly that. The only time it was hack-and-slash for me was the combat tutorial part at the beginning when you couldn't die. Plus, in DA:O if you wanted a certain skill you had only one way to get it. It was similar to ME2's system; it was very streamlined (DA DA DUMMMMM). DA2 has varying paths to the same skills or spells. So, IMO, it's actually a better RPG than the original.

In short, DA2 is still an RPG, but with OPTIONAL hack-and-slash elements for the lazier console gamers among us.

Tarlane

Charismatic Leader
May 5, 2009
Dash85 said:
Stiffkittin said:
Well, I did my part with the demo. But I'd rather eat broken glass and sing "The Lonely Goatherd" in the workplace through my cracked, bleeding lips than be forced to visit Facebook every day.

OT: No Bioware, just no. You ask too much for something I don't care enough about. Also, I actually don't care about the bonuses, I just want to read these things cuz I like reading these things. Unless I can't read them and all they do is give you said bonuses then...well...fuck.
Song was from Sound of Music. Nothing too shocking.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Dash85 said:
Stiffkittin said:

It's from The Sound of Music. How have you not seen The Sound of Music?

A_who

Sep 17, 2010
I probably would do this if I was going to get the game on release date but after the demo, bleh.

CrustyOatmeal

Jul 4, 2010
wait i dont get it. will the DLC be available to everybody upon purchasing the game (so its comes in the game itself) or is it only available for people participating in this PR stunt? im not going to do this either way, i just want to know if i have anything to gain from super nerds nerding out

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
CrustyOatmeal said:
wait i dont get it. will the DLC be available to everybody upon purchasing the game (so its comes in the game itself) or is it only available for people participating in this PR stunt? im not going to do this either way, i just want to know if i have anything to gain from super nerds nerding out
It will be for everyone, EA can't track your facebook activity (Activision can).

Mortons4ck

Jan 12, 2010
Calibretto said:
How bout they unlock TACTICAL VIEW ill buy that!
I second that, they promised a quasi tactical view for PC. All I seemed to get was a ZOOM OUT MOAR!

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Veldie said:
you know what bioware fuck you and fuck facebook I hate this shit and I hate any shit that requires facebook and honestly I dont give a fuck if the items reached or whatever I hope facebook crashes thats what

OT: I really am sick of how facebook is being more and more used for this stuff
I applaud you. I do not nor shall I ever get a facebook account. I also detest this form of elitism. To shut out people of gaming opportunities (not just this one) because they don't have facebook is simply unfair and uncalled for.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Worgen said:
facebook, bah, all this trying to tie game stuff in with facebook annoys me
Facebook annoys me. :|

OT:
Demo: Done
This: Not in a million years