ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Chaos Marine said:
ResonanceSD said:
I find it impossible to sympathise with you because you gave money to EA. Some may call that a petty reason, I call it entirely justified. Complain on reddit or something, but even that website is saturated with "EA are dicks" stories.
And if everyone followed your reasoning, companies would get away with so much more crap it's not even funny. Go look at some of the Jimquisition episodes. For an English git, he's got his head on straight most of the time (That is a joke stemming from the fact that I am Irish and we're supposed to hate the English).

I don't buy from EA because of all the shit they do

if everyone thought like me, companies would get away with crap..how? They'd all be broke.

Tippy

Jul 3, 2012
Clearing the Eye said:
Suuure. You are just an innocent victim of the big bad EA monster. Didn't do anything wrong and told us the full story, I'm most certain.

-_-
If that was aimed at me (or even the OP), we really don't have to justify the validity of our experiences to you...what happened has happened, we learned our lessons and that was that.

It's a generally known fact that EA has bad business practices and cares little about customer service/satisfaction - they've been rated as the worst company in US despite the the fact that there are other companies who have done far worse things. And if you want to make money that's generally what you DON'T do. EA as a publisher will decline and die if they continue like this, which will be great because stuff like Origin will die with them :D

We're just tossing our experiences into the giant salad of bad experiences people have had with EA :)

MiriaJiyuu

Forum Lurker
Jun 28, 2011
I'm just counting down the days til EA collapses under its own bloated mass. The I will cheer, throw parties and continue on with my life. As it stands they have to really^infinity make me want a game to make me buy it.

SmegInThePants

Feb 19, 2011
I guess for anyone buying from origin, the best way would be to make a new account for every purchase. If one gets banned, u only lose access to that one game tied to that one account, and still have access to your other games on the other accounts. Heck, then ya could sell games by selling the account itself, which only has that one game attached to it, just remember to remove any saved cc# info from the account before handing it over, and any other personal info origin makes you associate w/an account. Of course, even better would be to avoid buying from EA at all, they'll have to stop acting the way they do if they can no longer make money w/such behavior.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Battlefield heroes *IS* f2p. Could have just downloaded and tried the game out before dropping the cash...

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
ResonanceSD said:
psicat said:
-Zoot zoot!-
I think you boys had best be moving along. One of you is in the red for comments like that and the other is probably well on his way.

OT: I say the OP's choice of action is correct and EA just decided to act like a child in return. Companies who don't give the customer what they want (like working products) are liable for an inability to commit to a simple service, period. There can be no argument there. No game working? No fix game? No get money. End of story. It's their fault, so they pay for it. So yes, give them every form of hell and, in fact, get on their ass about this bogus banning too. The more you make them have to deal with you, the less they'll want to, and have to acclimate. And they can't DO anything about that because you're not in the wrong.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Dude they are banning peoples accounts over harsh forum language, do not dance with the devil unless you are prepared to lose everything.

MasochisticAvenger

Nov 7, 2011
FalloutJack said:
ResonanceSD said:
psicat said:
-Zoot zoot!-
I think you boys had best be moving along. One of you is in the red for comments like that and the other is probably well on his way.

OT: I say the OP's choice of action is correct and EA just decided to act like a child in return. Companies who don't give the customer what they want (like working products) are liable for an inability to commit to a simple service, period. There can be no argument there. No game working? No fix game? No get money. End of story. It's their fault, so they pay for it. So yes, give them every form of hell and, in fact, get on their ass about this bogus banning too. The more you make them have to deal with you, the less they'll want to, and have to acclimate. And they can't DO anything about that because you're not in the wrong.
You're ignoring one very important factor: the original poster did not pay anything for the game. Yes, the game should work, but they haven't paid for a faulty product. They jumped the gun by buying in-game items before ensuring the actual game worked on their computer, so they should have to bare the consequences. This whole customer entitlement is getting a little tiring.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
MasochisticAvenger said:
FalloutJack said:
ResonanceSD said:
psicat said:
-Zoot zoot!-

You're ignoring one very important factor: the original poster did not pay anything for the game. Yes, the game should work, but they haven't paid for a faulty product. They jumped the gun by buying in-game items before ensuring the actual game worked on their computer, so they should have to bare the consequences. This whole customer entitlement is getting a little tiring.
Damn consumers expecting to use the stuff they pay for. They should just give companies money and then eat the turd that gets dumped in their cheerios.

Your basically saying "Okay well he didn't pay for the house, but he paid for stuff in the house, but the house has no doors and it's his fault."

EA apologists.. the worst people on earth.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
LordLundar said:
No offence, but I have difficulty going into full "Anti-EA Rage" mode here. The core game for Battlefield Heroes is a free game with purchasable stuff for it. This isn't a case of shelling out $60 for a game that has no demo available and trying to be civil in getting a refund only to be told "tough shit". You had every opportunity to find out before hand if it would work, fully point out that the battlefunds (BFHeroes currency) is non-refundable in writing, and your threat to contact your bank to dispute the payment is a fraudulent refund because you did agree to the transaction. Charge disputes are meant to be used to counter charges applied that you did not approve of, not to use a club to wave around to get your way.

So yeah, if I were in their shoes, I would ban your account as well. Continuously caving to people for their own stupidity only invites further abuse.
Wait heroes is free? There goes any sympathy I may have had for the OP.

the Fraudulent Refund is completely acurate

MasochisticAvenger

Nov 7, 2011
Sylveria said:
MasochisticAvenger said:
FalloutJack said:
ResonanceSD said:
psicat said:
-Zoot zoot!-

Damn consumers expecting to use the stuff they pay for. They should just give companies money and then eat the turd that gets dumped in their cheerios.

Your basically saying "Okay well he didn't pay for the house, but he paid for stuff in the house, but the house has no doors and it's his fault."

Yes, that's exactly right. He did not make sure he would be able to have access to the things he bought, so it is his own fault he wasn't able to access them. He paid for the items in the game NOT the game itself.

If he had paid for the game itself it would be a different story.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Sylveria said:

Well if he didn't look at the house first to see if it had doors than, yes it is his fault. If the house had doors when he looked at it, then they took the doors out after the fact so he couldn't get his stuff, then yes it would not be his fault. Likewise if the Op had tried the game first and then bought the extra stuff and the game suddenly didn't work, then his complaint would be valid. In this case, the product he purchased was not the product not working, so his demand for a refund on the grounds that the free product doesn't work should not be accepted. His threat to dispute the charges with his bank, which says that he did not agree to the charges, is indeed fraud.

Russirishican

Feb 9, 2011
If it makes it any better I'll never be using Origin, or any EA product after hearing this. Of course I never used one before this either...

ultramarine486

Mar 27, 2012
Of course with the whole house analogy you guys are forgetting that he tried to get that missing door fixed several times before he started getting mad. After being unable to replace the missing door he wanted a refund for completely valid reasons. It's one thing to contest the purchase of the house if you didn't see it had a door and it's another to contest the purchase of a house where you CAN'T replace/fix a door.

Knowing something like that is beyond the responsibility consumer since it falls on the seller to make sure their product works for people who buy it. If the game he bought doesn't work he should be allowed a refund for the money spent on the game in question. It's a simple matter of good business and customer support.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
BeerTent said:
ResonanceSD said:
I find it impossible to sympathise with you because you gave money to EA. Some may call that a petty reason, I call it entirely justified. Complain on reddit or something, but even that website is saturated with "EA are dicks" stories.
No offense, but, yeah... That is pretty fucking petty.

While I admit that downing $20 before you even get into a F2P Game is damn stupid, and it IS their policy to not offer refunds, the CS rep should have gone a little more out of the way to look into correcting the-

Oh my god, I'm giving Customer Support Advice on a gaming forum... I'm a fucking lifer.
Yeah, why not try the game first and then pay the 20$, its like he was just asking for trouble.

wierdman51

Apr 24, 2009
MiriaJiyuu said:
I'm just counting down the days til EA collapses under its own bloated mass. The I will cheer, throw parties and continue on with my life. As it stands they have to really^infinity make me want a game to make me buy it.
The mass of EA's collpase will be of a large enough magnitude to create a blackhole the size of rhode island, and will take everything videogame with it. When they go down, so does the industry. Not because of lack of quality, but because- Well its obvious.

Alma Mare

Nov 14, 2010
MasochisticAvenger said:
Sylveria said:
MasochisticAvenger said:
FalloutJack said:
ResonanceSD said:
psicat said:
-Zoot zoot!-

Yes, that's exactly right. He did not make sure he would be able to have access to the things he bought, so it is his own fault he wasn't able to access them. He paid for the items in the game NOT the game itself.

If he had paid for the game itself it would be a different story.
It's irrelevant if it's the game itself or bonus content. If he paid for it and can't use it for no fault of his own, he should get a refund. No ifs and buts.

MasochisticAvenger

Nov 7, 2011
ultramarine486 said:
Of course with the whole house analogy you guys are forgetting that he tried to get that missing door fixed several times before he started getting mad. After being unable to replace the missing door he wanted a refund for completely valid reasons. It's one thing to contest the purchase of the house if you didn't see it had a door and it's another to contest the purchase of a house where you CAN'T replace/fix a door.

Knowing something like that is beyond the responsibility consumer since it falls on the seller to make sure their product works for people who buy it. If the game he bought doesn't work he should be allowed a refund for the money spent on the game in question. It's a simple matter of good business and customer support.
Again, the product that does not work was free. The original poster was entitled to zero dollars from EA because the product did not work. It is the original poster's own fault he bought items for the game before confirming the game would work on his computer. Yeah, it sucks that it happened but trying to blame EA for it is just childish and petty. It is the original poster's own fault and he should just own up to his mistake.