Another Incident in Portland

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Man, if only there were a way to record police in action, so that they could show the world how they fulfilled the pursuit of justice in the letter of the law and leave no room for ambiguity. Alas, such marvels of technology are beyond us...
But hasn't everyone here been saying it wasn't the police that shot him?...

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
But hasn't everyone here been saying it wasn't the police that shot him?...
If by everyone you mean "people playing at being disingenuous for cheap rhetorical points."

Brady confirmed that four officers fired their weapons. The officers were from the state Department of Corrections, Pierce County Sheriff’s Department and Lakewood Police Department. All officers on the scene were acting in U.S. Marshal capacity Thursday, according to Brady.
Like, c'mon dude.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
And if you literally hunt down and murder people you think are fascists and then do an interview with Vice claiming it's the shot heard round the world, what does that make you?

You're mixing up Kyle Rittenhouse's lawyer, who said that Kyle going around shooting protesters is the new shot heard round the world.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Actually, both Rittenhouse's lawyer said it about his client, and Reinhoul said it about himself.

Kinda speaking to the country's condition, there.
Did he? I can't find anything on it and now I feel like it's obvious. But a quick ctrl-f in the Vice article didn't turn anything up, neither did a google search.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
If you're proudly counterprotesting BLM, you're not just "right wing", you're a white supremacist fascist.
At what point does it turn from merely non participation to counterprotesting?

Does trying to eat your dinner out in peace now count as counter protesting?

Man, if only there were a way to record police in action, so that they could show the world how they fulfilled the pursuit of justice in the letter of the law and leave no room for ambiguity. Alas, such marvels of technology are beyond us...
I mean they could but I will say there are arguments about public reaction if they did just outright show full gore footage for some of what may have gone on.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Did he? I can't find anything on it and now I feel like it's obvious. But a quick ctrl-f in the Vice article didn't turn anything up, neither did a google search.
“Honestly, I hate to say it, but I see a civil war right around the corner...That shot felt like the beginning of a war.”

I will say, that lawyer is way more brazenly specific. I mean, he's not the one who shot someone, so I won't say the lawyer is worse, but in a vacuum the comment is.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
At what point does it turn from merely non participation to counterprotesting?

Does trying to eat your dinner out in peace now count as counter protesting?
Patriot Prayer, well known for never bothering anyone doing their own thing ever, they just wanna be left alone!

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Honestly, why do y’all repeatedly feel the need to project some hypothetical and naive version of yourselves exclusively onto violent right wing dudes? What’s so fucked up about the American psyche that so many people can only empathize with murderers?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Honestly, why do y’all repeatedly feel the need to project some hypothetical and naive version of yourselves exclusively onto violent right wing dudes? What’s so fucked up about the American psyche that so many people can only empathize with murderers?
"America was founded by terrorists." - Battlefield 3

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
“Honestly, I hate to say it, but I see a civil war right around the corner...That shot felt like the beginning of a war.”

I will say, that lawyer is way more brazenly specific. I mean, he's not the one who shot someone, so I won't say the lawyer is worse, but in a vacuum the comment is.
Yes, that is a far far cry from what you said, which was actually literally said by the lawyer for the pro-cop shooter.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Yes, that is a far far cry from what you said, which was actually literally said by the lawyer for the pro-cop shooter.
You really have to love though that if the shooter had been a BLM protester and the guys he shot been white nationalists, these same people calling this kid a hero or acted in self defense would be character assassinating him all over the place. It is ALWAYS one set of rules for them and another for everyone else. Whereas those who don't think guns should have been there at all and no one should have been shot could care less who or what they were affiliated with: murder is murder.

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
"America was founded by terrorists." - Battlefield 3
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

True pacifists are staggeringly rare. For the most of us, violence is readily acceptable and excusable as long as it aligns with our overall political goals.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
You really have to love though that if the shooter had been a BLM protester and the guys he shot been white nationalists, these same people calling this kid a hero or acted in self defense would be character assassinating him all over the place. It is ALWAYS one set of rules for them and another for everyone else. Whereas those who don't think guns should have been there at all and no one should have been shot could care less who or what they were affiliated with: murder is murder.
I was wondering about that, honestly.

I'd like to think that people would be consistent about this, but I'm fairly certain a good deal of defenders would flip. Just like a good number of the people currently posting against him would suddenly adopt a much more liberal interpretation of self defense.

It's easy to claim your side would be more virtuous when they're not actively being put to the test.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I was wondering about that, honestly.

I'd like to think that people would be consistent about this, but I'm fairly certain a good deal of defenders would flip. Just like a good number of the people currently posting against him would suddenly adopt a much more liberal interpretation of self defense.

It's easy to claim your side would be more virtuous when they're not actively being put to the test.
We have put it to the test on here though. Look at this very thread.

All that was being said at the time we posted the above was that some right wing guy was bear macing people and got shot.
It doesn't matter what the affiliation of the shooter was. We are talking about murder here.

Last edited: