Another Incident in Portland

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I honestly have never wound up in the scenario you’re describing, yeah. Like, most people spend over 30% of their income on housing/rent, so clearly most landlords don’t give a shit about that rule! It’s like a NYT article about a graduate with a can do attitude and rich parent who manages to live in their parents’ condo debt free on six figures lecturing the rest of the country on how they’re the one making themselves poor. I genuinely cannot understand the world you live in. It’s completely alien to me.
How many times have you moved? I used to move every 6 months at one time just to get a "first month free rent" discount every 6 months. I wouldn't even unpack...LOL

The people spending that much of their income in rent is because the rent was raised after they moved in, their apartments were bought out by corporations after they moved in, not that they didn't qualify when they moved in. People usually live in places a while so they don't get hit with it until they move. Often they get stuck where they cannot move due to that reason.

You acting like the 30% rule isn't normal is what is alien to me, most everywhere is corporate owned these days and since I have had to switch apartments a few times in the last few years, I have had to deal with this 3 times in that amount of time. My apartments are corporate own and run and that is standard. And NOTHING I have said btw is reminiscent of " rich parent who manages to live in their parents’ condo debt free on six figures lecturing the rest of the country on how they’re the one making themselves poor". That is some twisted BS interpretation there for sure.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I honestly have never wound up in the scenario you’re describing, yeah. Like, most people spend over 30% of their income on housing/rent, so clearly most landlords don’t give a shit about that rule! It’s like a NYT article about a graduate with a can do attitude and rich parent who manages to live in their parents’ condo debt free on six figures lecturing the rest of the country on how they’re the one making themselves poor. I genuinely cannot understand the world you live in. It’s completely alien to me.
Are you white? Maybe they make exceptions for white people. I have never had that exception btw. But then again :
Maybe they only enforce it on non white people. Sounds like your " whitest nonwhite person" was actually directed at you, not me. Maybe it is a " white privilege thing" you don't think about until you realize this only happens to nonwhite people, like the 30% rule was just another thing they added to enforce segregation. They say that non white people have to earn more to live in the same area, maybe THIS is why that is.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Are you white? Maybe they make exceptions for white people. I have never had that exception btw. But then again :
Maybe they only enforce it on non white people. Sounds like your " whitest nonwhite person" was actually directed at you, not me. Maybe it is a " white privilege thing" you don't think about until you realize this only happens to nonwhite people, like the 30% rule was just another thing they added to enforce segregation. They say that non white people have to earn more to live in the same area, maybe THIS is why that is.
Non-white people have predatory landlords too. Don’t fucking turn this around because you make enough that you can actually find a place with rent below 30%.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Non-white people have predatory landlords too. Don’t fucking turn this around because you make enough that you can actually find a place with rent below 30%.
Are you white? When we are talking about having completely different experiences with renting and I have experienced a ridiculous amount of different rental companies due to how many times I have actually moved, this very well may the primary difference in our experience. Them cutting you a break isn't what I consider predatory. Them refusing to rent to you would be worse right?

Me earning enough to qualify now doesn't change the fact they checked it to make sure. BTW, this was not always the case. I have been told before I did not before I finished my residency and finally had an income to do so.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Are you white? When we are talking about having completely different experiences with renting and I have experienced a ridiculous amount of different rental companies due to how many times I have actually moved, this very well may the primary difference in our experience.
Or that you make twice as much as me and haven’t rented as many garbage places.
Edit- fucking love this too. It’s my white privilege to have no spending money after rent due to inflated rent prices. Wonderful. Lovin it.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Edit- fucking love this too. It’s my white privilege to have no spending money after rent due to inflated rent prices. Wonderful. Lovin it.
Them cutting you a break isn't what I consider predatory. Them refusing to rent to you would be worse right?

Me earning enough to qualify now doesn't change the fact they checked it to make sure. BTW, this was not always the case. I have been told before I did not before I finished my residency and finally had an income to do so. You act like I always qualified. LOL I have been on my own since I was 14.. it took a good long while for me to qualify for anything.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Them cutting you a break isn't what I consider predatory. Them refusing to rent to you would be worse right?

Me earning enough to qualify now doesn't change the fact they checked it to make sure. BTW, this was not always the case. I have been told before I did not before I finished my residency and finally had an income to do so. You act like I always qualified. LOL I have been on my own since I was 14.. it took a good long while for me to qualify for anytying.
Yes I love living in a converted house upstairs apartment with no interior doors for privacy, a bathroom with a ceiling so low you have to sit in the tub to take a shower, no AC, no Washer/dryer, and still paying over 30% of my income on rent because somehow that was the cheapest place available. Oh, and I’m 20 minutes out of town. It’s wonderful. I love it. Beautiful. Gorgeous world. So glad my landlord is fucking me over every goddamn day. It makes me weep tears of joy.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
You're telling me that they broke the rules and let you rent anyways and didn't turn you away like they did me, and I am the one who is living in some " rich parents condo" or some madness you made up. You are understanding that when they turn you away, you are left sleeping in your car, or box or whatever instead of having an actual roof over your head right?

Them not being willing to break the rules for minorities left them homeless when looking for housing instead. You see that as predatory lending for them to break the rules for you, to me, that would still be an improvement over what they do for everyone else.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Yes I love living in a converted house upstairs apartment with no interior doors for privacy, a bathroom with a ceiling so low you have to sit in the tub to take a shower, no AC, no Washer/dryer, and still paying over 30% of my income on rent because somehow that was the cheapest place available. Oh, and I’m 20 minutes out of town. It’s wonderful. I love it. Beautiful. Gorgeous world. So glad my landlord is fucking me over every goddamn day. It makes me weep tears of joy.
You are understanding what would happen to you if they refused to break the rules for you though aren't you? You would be on the streets, or in your car like I was. It took me longer to find a place when I was living in my car because I didn't find people willing to break the rules at the time. They broke the rules for you, which is more than they did for the people stuck out on the street.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
You're telling me that they broke the rules and let you rent anyways and didn't turn you away like they did me, and I am the one who is living in some " rich parents condo" or some madness you made up. You are understanding that when they turn you away, you are left sleeping in your car, or box or whatever instead of having an actual roof over your head right?

Them not being willing to break the rules for minorities left them homeless when looking for housing instead. You see that as predatory lending for them to break the rules for you, to me, that would still be an improvement over what they do for everyone else.
Them breaking the rules is how we get rent inflation. That’s how it works! Do you not get that?

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
You are understanding what would happen to you if they refused to break the rules for you though aren't you? You would be on the streets, or in your car like I was. It took me longer to find a place when I was living in my car because I didn't find people willing to break the rules at the time. They broke the rules for you, which is more than they did for the people stuck out on the street.
Devils, they fuck over minorities this way too. This is how shitty rentals work. This is just all predatory landlords in large cities. That is why your community has an average rent that makes zero sense weighed against the median income. You’re seriously just ignoring reality.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Them breaking the rules is how we get rent inflation. That’s how it works! Do you not get that?
Oh I get that... YOU ALREADY heard me rant about your income.. most everyone's income for that matter. People have been getting royally screwed since the 70's when they decided the " worker earned too much" and then stopped paying people enough to survive. Incomes are one part of the equation, then we have the affordable housing crisis, which I already addressed as well has to be hit from multiple angles. We have to tax people owning multiple properties and use that money to get everyone else housed.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Devils, they fuck over minorities this way too. This is how shitty rentals work. This is just all predatory landlords in large cities. That is why your community has an average rent that makes zero sense weighed against the median income. You’re seriously just ignoring reality.
I'm not ignoring reality here. You are only seeing one angle of it. This issue has to be addressed from multiple angles, I have gone into that before on here about the whole affordable housing crisis. This could be solved if we: Living wages for the area they work in+ set rent controls+ greatly increase taxes on owning multiple properties+ Use that money to house everyone else. It would do a few things.. You would immediately have landlords and companies dumping properties onto the market to avoid the taxes immediately increasing affordable housing due to supply and demand + people having more money due to increased wages to be able to buy them+ Make rent immediately more affordable for everyone in the area due to rent controls+ money from taxes to be able to put those still struggling after that in houses = More affordable housing for everyone, less homelessness.

It also results in pissed off companies buying up all the properties right now losing their asses, but I'm okay with that.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
No I don’t think you do, but I’m kinda tired of this now.
I really do, I just do not see it from one angle. I am looking at the cause and effect here from multiple angles.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I'm not ignoring reality here. You are only seeing one angle of it. This issue has to be addressed from multiple angles, I have gone into that before on here about the whole affordable housing crisis. This could be solved if we: Living wages for the area they work in+ set rent controls+ greatly increase taxes on owning multiple properties+ Use that money to house everyone else. It would do a few things.. You would immediately have landlords and companies dumping properties onto the market to avoid the taxes immediately increasing affordable housing due to supply and demand + people having more money due to increased wages to be able to buy them+ Make rent immediately more affordable for everyone in the area due to rent controls+ money from taxes to be able to put those still struggling after that in houses = More affordable housing for everyone, less homelessness.

It also results in pissed off companies buying up all the properties right now losing their asses, but I'm okay with that.
Yeah, sure, ok.

Reactions: lil devils x

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Yeah, sure, ok.
You saying that I didn't understand what you were having to go through, but I do, and want that addressed as well. It is just I see that there are more sides to it than just that. If they had enforced the 30% rule on you, where would you be able to live at all? That is what is actually happening to minorities and has been for a very long time now, that is why it takes minorities a lot more money to be able to obtain the same apartment. They just pick and choose where to enforce that I guess. I have always seen it enforced, and never given a opportunity to " let it slide" as you say they have done for you. That doesn't mean I am lucky, just the opposite. It makes it so you can;t find anywhere to live at all. Just because they gave you a break doesn't mean everyone else gets one too. You were just lucky. I can see your point however, that it doesn't feel like luck when you have to ration to survive due to paying too much of your income in rent. I too want that changed, I am not saying that we should have to live that way, not at all. I want it fixed for everyone, not just for cops.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Welp. I'm just gonna go hang out in the corner for a while.

Oh also, are you going ok? Hurricane Sally blew over parts of Florida, were you at all effected?
No issue. If you're ever interested in the case, my teacher's father was Kenneth Chamberlain.

The Police originally said that Chamberlain came at them with a hatchet and knife when they cracked open the door.

Also, they used racist language, shot him with a beanbag, tazed him, and then finally killed him.

I couldn't dare complete the police training when all of that came out.

Also, we were fine, thanks for asking. We got a lot of rain, but no real winds. Pensacola, however, was battered apparently.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Trump Boasts About U.S. Marshals Killing ‘Antifa’ Suspect
"The president described the killing of Michael Forest Reinoehl, who was charged in the death of a right-wing protester in Portland, before a cheering crowd."

"President Donald Trump suggested before an adoring crowd on Thursday that members of the U.S. Marshals Service committed crimes by executing an “antifa” supporter who was charged in the death of a right-wing protester in Portland, Oregon.

Michael Forest Reinoehl was shot and killed by members of a fugitive task force led by the U.S. Marshals Service in Washington state last month. Reinoehl’s killing is under investigation, and The New York Times recently reported on serious questions about whether law enforcement actually attempted to arrest Reinoehl before they killed him. A gun was found in Reinoehl’s pocket. “I respect cops to the utmost, but things were definitely in no way, shape or form done properly,” one witness said.
Trump bragged about Reinoehl’s killing at a rally in North Carolina on Thursday, getting cheers for a description of a summary execution by the state.

“We sent in the U.S. marshals, took 15 minutes and it was over,” Trump said. “They knew who he was, they didn’t want to arrest him, and 15 minutes, that ended.”

So yea, I guess those calling this an execution' were correct in their assessment, The President seems to agree and think that is a great thing. Due process? Fair Trail? Nah, Trump has no use for that anymore.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Trump Boasts About U.S. Marshals Killing ‘Antifa’ Suspect
"The president described the killing of Michael Forest Reinoehl, who was charged in the death of a right-wing protester in Portland, before a cheering crowd."

"President Donald Trump suggested before an adoring crowd on Thursday that members of the U.S. Marshals Service committed crimes by executing an “antifa” supporter who was charged in the death of a right-wing protester in Portland, Oregon.

Michael Forest Reinoehl was shot and killed by members of a fugitive task force led by the U.S. Marshals Service in Washington state last month. Reinoehl’s killing is under investigation, and The New York Times recently reported on serious questions about whether law enforcement actually attempted to arrest Reinoehl before they killed him. A gun was found in Reinoehl’s pocket. “I respect cops to the utmost, but things were definitely in no way, shape or form done properly,” one witness said.
Trump bragged about Reinoehl’s killing at a rally in North Carolina on Thursday, getting cheers for a description of a summary execution by the state.

“We sent in the U.S. marshals, took 15 minutes and it was over,” Trump said. “They knew who he was, they didn’t want to arrest him, and 15 minutes, that ended.”

So yea, I guess those calling this an execution' were correct in their assessment, The President seems to agree and think that is a great thing. Due process? Fair Trail? Nah, Trump has no use for that anymore.
Doesn't surprise me, the person killed wasn't an american to them. The republican party has been operating for a long time, under the mindset that anyone who doesn't believe as they do, isn't actually an american, and thus isn't worthy of any consideration or human decency. I've lost count of the number of conservatives I've seen wearing shirts with phrases like "beware liberals pretending to be americans." And we know damn well, from their own words and actions, what they think of non-americans. So yeah, the fact that none of them were bothered, and I bet probably cheered, the president, implying a government sanctioned hit job....no surprise at all.