Another new question to the girls here...

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
It depends on a womans intelligence and how they are raised as to whether they believe sensitive guys are wimps to them. Again saying where I live, most girls only want to date guys that are corn-fed rednecks unless you find the small percentage of girls that could hold an intelligent conversation, then they tend to go for the more sensitive caring guy that won't treat them like crap.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
I have trouble going from the "Just friends" category to the "Romantically interesting" category. It fucking sucks.

Sark

Jun 21, 2009
I am a dude. But I can say with reasonable certainty that men who parade around their "balls of steel" get far less sex than a dude who has more than three emotions and some confidence.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
Women are never happy it seems. They want a man to be sensetive, and tough, at the same time...and at the ame time they dont want you to be either.

While giving them a back massage

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
deadman91 said:
I have trouble going from the "Just friends" category to the "Romantically interesting" category. It fucking sucks.
Its the other way around for me. Im a pretty attractive guy and there are alot of great looking girls that wanna get with me...but Im just not attracted to them. Sometimes I just wanna be friends with them but I can tell they want more than that. Instead Im attracted to the one girl that would hurt me, because she is cheating on me.

b1u3too

Jul 14, 2009
A schnarff schnarff. Well, you see... seeing as I lack a Y chromosome, I could probably answer this one. Then again, seeing as I've been dumped in a bucket of scathing sarcasm and thus refuse to let people get near to me, maybe I'm not.
I know that I'm a sucker for a few physical traits, and they're not muscles. They're not abs of steel. In fact, I tend to gravitate and enjoy spending the time with geeks, to some degree.
But at the same time, I myself see very little in certain arts, and I don't expect my man to have any greater an appreciation for art than I do. I hope for patience when I get fangirly. I hope for a little understanding when I do open up, because there's a reason that I keep my fears hidden.
But to answer your question OP, I think that what women think about their men is somehow related to what they see in theirselves. I like insecure guys. I myself am somewhat insecure, but I can and do put that aside if I think that there's some way I can help someone work past their fears.
Long post, I apologise. My opinion would be that no, the sensitive is no less a man than the jock, and vice versa. It all depends on who you ask, doesn't it? :p

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
Embz said:
My BF is an emotional guy and we have been together for over 2 and a half years, so I think that guys who show their emotions are much more likely to get into a relationship.
All the guys I know who are all 'Im a manly man look at my muscles' end up in one night stands and generally just love themselves too much to be in a committed relationship
I agree with this.
My boyfriend can be an emotional guy at times, but I personally think he's just the right amount of both. :)

And it doesn't bother me when a guy is emotional. I have many friends who are and they are with someone. Also, the guys I know who think they are a manly man do tend to sleep around too. I know a few and even though they are friends I could never see myself with someone like that. I'm into relationships and guys who are emotional at times and actually show emotion. Which is why I am with my boyfriend. :3

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
I'm a guy so take this with a grain of salt, but I think there's a happy medium wherein you can show emotion and be seen as completely human, while still having enough self-confidence to stand up for yourself.

Stackle

Dec 17, 2009
Put simply, a girl is ok with a guy who has emotions....so long as they aren't so emotional they can't function as a human being. After all, no-one wants to be a therapist for their lover.

The Night Shade

Oct 15, 2009
Im a guy,i dont show many emotions but thats me im not an emotional person and i dont care if another guy has emotions

Sonofadiddly

Dec 19, 2009
No. I think men who pretend not to have emotions are lesser men, and I will not touch them. A happy medium is ideal, but I would prefer a guy who was too emotional to one who was not emotional enough.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Meh. The types of guys you describe likely have no substance, and due to that, their relationships usually fall apart quickly. Guys with emotions, on the other hand, are much more interesting, so that when they do find somebody, it tends to last for quite a while =D.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Whats with all the asking girl stuff threads lately?

OT: there is no rule about guys not liking art, you should just learn to control your emotion and be tough about it, doesnt matter which gender you are. Right now, we dont need crybabies in the world.

I Max95

Mar 23, 2009
you know everytime i see that
GRRR TOUGH GUY
routine its always followed by a gay joke
as if their compensating for something

as for me i have emotions and a personality
and im a hopeless romantic
and im into women
does that make me gay
of course not

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
unholyavenger13 said:
as for me i have emotions and a personality
and im a hopeless romantic
and im into women
does that make me gay
of course not

I dunno, that being into women sounds pretty gay to me.

Wait... no... I was totally thinking of something else. Nevermind.

LostintheWick

Sep 29, 2009
SugarMama said:
Having emotions is fine. It means you're human. It's how you react to those emotions that's the determining factor as to whether or not you're a wussy little *****.
This is the truth, right here. But when I was reading this I was using a kind tone in my mind. Then came the "wussy little *****" part outa NO WHERE!!! I laughed pretty hard.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Wickerton said:
SugarMama said:
Having emotions is fine. It means you're human. It's how you react to those emotions that's the determining factor as to whether or not you're a wussy little *****.
This is the truth, right here. But when I was reading this I was using a kind tone in my mind. Then came the "wussy little *****" part outa NO WHERE!!! I laughed pretty hard.
True... though reading it in a Batman voice makes it work perfectly.

Though she/he (this is the internet, it is hard to tell without it being directly stated) is pretty much correct it seams like.