Anthony Saves The World: Episode 1.1: Victory Points

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
I haven't watched the vid yet, but YES. I fucking LOVE Anthony Burch! The man is a genius.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
First taste is good. Let's see how this pans out, it's got a good setup. Just watch your line delivery, guys, the writing is solid, and you know what you're doing, but make sure the line gets out there properly.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
This didn't have enough Anthony Burch for a show called Anthony Burch Saves the World, and wasn't awesome enough for a video with the 'rock you like a hurricane' tag. That's an impossibly high bar to clear, though, so I still say I like it.

Fuhjem

Jan 17, 2009
The new shows that have been showing up recently have looked like crap. A generic videogame sketch show and a top 5 list. Booooooriiiiiiiiiing. I thought the same of this before I began watching. Then I read the description. Anthony "Fucking" Burch and Mike "Holy Shit" Neumann? FUCK YES!

Watched it, and it looks goooood.

Can't wait for more.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Yep, I'm excited.

Also, awesome soundtrack. A round of applause to the music guy whose name was in the credits but I can't be bothered to remember.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Awesome! Finally, a new series on here that's actually a series. It's been so boring without a Doomsday Arcade or Good Knight's Quest or There Will Be Brawl.

That being said, the actual filmmaking on this wasn't great. The action didn't flow as well as it could have, and those cuts to black between fights kinda chopped it up in a bad way. But the premise and the acting and the characters makes me want to see more.

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
mechanixis said:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S ANTHONY BURCH

Just last night I was watching the Rev Rants and wondering when we'd hear about him again!
I KNOW! This is a good day!

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
I like the idea of the show, in particular the framing device of Settlers. The fighting was reasonable. Clearly safety in fight choreography is a major concern, but it was just slow enough that I felt the fourth wall closing in on me.

As with many new shows on the escapist, a little more re-shooting and editing would help out a great deal. Still, looking forward to the next installment.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Dude was just overreacting because he didn't have seven victory points.

I like this show, the ending made me laugh, can't wait for the next one!

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
That was, I don't know, mediocre ? I haven't laughed even once, though the fight scene was nice. And yet im looking forward to next episode.

Moffman

May 21, 2009
Surprisingly great! New series have got off to a rocky start atm but this one has come along all guns blazing. It was funny to the point that I wished the stage combat section would end so we could get back to the jokes,and I love stage combat! Look forward to the next one!

mikeyface

Jan 31, 2011
If you'd have told me weeks ago that people would be saying there is TOO much action, I'd have called you a liar and then stabbed you for your futuristicly clairvoyant satanic dealings.

We had to strike that balance as we got our footing. We have four episodes in the can, and by the fourth one we did the action and the humor at the same time. Can't wait until next Wednesday! You guys are great.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Okay escapist needs more of a warning every time they add a new awesome show. I really wasn't prepared for this.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Alright, good to see Anthony behind a camera again! This is definitely a different series for the escapist and I welcome it.

mrwoo6

Feb 24, 2009
That was unbelievably mediocre. right slap bang on the middle of good and bad. I didn't laugh but the jokes were not cringe worthy, the fighting was good but far, FAR to long for a first episode, the plot took a back seat, but what hints of the plot there were makes it seem potentially interesting.
The lighting was not that good, but not that bad, sound effects were not used that much, but they were odd and out of place sounding when they were. camerawork went from good to bad and back to good drastically during the fight scene.

Whole episodes dedicated to joke-fighting are fine, and they have worked well on this very website see "doomsday arcade" You didn't quite pull it off (Too much fight, not enough joke/plot?) lets just hope this gets better with age.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Very stylish, you can tell it's a pretty slick professional job, and the two leads do seem to have a good chemistry.