Anticipated titles in 2009 (and things you don't want to see)

Shellsh0cker

Defender of the English Language
Oct 22, 2008
Vlane said:
Oh and I don't know if it is going to be released in 2009 but Prince Of Persia 4.
They're not continuing the Sands of Time trilogy; it's just Prince of Persia. Probably the start of a new trilogy. Oh, and it comes out in December.

As for me, most of the games I'm anticipating are coming out right around now: Mirror's Edge, Gears of War 2, Dead Space, Prince of Persia, and Left 4 Dead.

There are a few things I'm looking forward to in 2009, namely StarCraft II, On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode Three, (does anyone else here play that? It's brilliant), and more info on Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Assassin's Creed II, if not releases.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
I'm surprised that such a little amount of people are looking forward to Resident Evil 5. Personally, it's my most anticipated game of 2009. Anyway, here's everything I can remember right now.

Resident Evil 5
Aliens: Colonial Marines
F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin
BioShock 2
Prototype

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I'm looking forward to Dawn of War 2 as the original was probably the most exciting & bloody RTS ever.

Also SF4, Bionic Commando, The Agency, Brutal Legend, Prototype.

I'm really not looking forward to the No More Heroes sequel. It could be good if they actually put some work into it but the first was the most overrated game of all time. Even for the wii, it was just too vapid.

Shellsh0cker

Defender of the English Language
Oct 22, 2008
Holy wow.

Just watched some PROTOTYPE videos. Add that to my anticipated list.

KrossZer0

Apr 16, 2008
Above and beyond anything else I am currently salivating over Dragon Age: Origins.

Also on the radar: Street Fighter IV, The Conduit, BioShock 2 and Portal 2, and the next episode of Penny Arcade Adventures.

But mostly Dragon Age: Origins.

TheKittenStrangler

Dec 9, 2007
Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and Bioshock 2 are the only games that come to mind that I really REALLY want.

PS: Why are people saying Gears of War 3 like they're going to spit one out in less than a year after the release of the second one?

mjhhiv

Jun 22, 2008
White Gold: War in Paradise, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, Borderlands, Dawn of War 2, and HL2: EP3.

I'm not looking forward to any of those games as much as I was looking forward to some of the titles that have already come out this year - with the exception of HL2: EP3 and, perhaps, Borderlands.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
personally the releases im looking forward to the most are:

Half-life 2. ep3.
Diablo 3
Portal 2

I cant wait

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
FF13 (all 3), Dissidia if and when they port is to north america...unless my urge in import gives in, Devil May cry (PSP), a new Crysis would be cool, Project Origin, star ocean:the second departure. I have not been paying too much attention to many games this year asdie from any news regarding said games. After Far Cry 2, I went back to being completely ignorant to any and all otehr games so to not get hopes up too high, even with the games I listed. Oh and if last remnant turns out to be good I look forward to the PC port.

Gedo

Apr 22, 2008
PC:
Half-life 2: Episode 3
Diablo 3
Portal 2

PS3:
Infamous
Heavy Rain
God of War III
Final Fantasy XIII & Final Fantasy versus XIII
Uncharted 2
Next Insomniac project
ICO's project
The Agency
Resident Evil 5
Killzone 2
Jak 4: The Lost Frontier (Please, give it to me Naughty)
White Knight Story
Quantum Theory
Demon's Souls

And... That's about it.

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
I'd like Half-life 2:episode 3 to at least be confirmed. And if nintendo anounce starfox wii, then i will be the happiest person on earth.

And if SEGA anounce a Sonic underground/satAM game i will be VERY pleased.

But games that are definetely coming out in 2009, Final fantasy 13. That is all.

Burld

Feb 9, 2008
In response to the title, why would there be any game that looks so bad that we wouldn't even want to see other people buy it or enjoy it?
Oh wait, I know, because Deus Ex 3 will probably spoil (kind of for a second time, although IW was still fairly enjoyable) my favourite game world.
Anyway, I'm also looking forward to Empire: Total War if my PC can run it, and what's this I hear about a third Battlefront? That boosted my mood no end.
Wait, what? Not made by Pandemic? Made by the Haze people? Not as likely to be good, then.

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
To be honest a lot of the stuff on the Wii is looking pretty good for the next two years. Especially since Third-Party Devs are starting in on the Wii.

List:

Star Wars The Clone Wars: Yes that movie sucked. Yes it is super kiddy. BUT you get to use it as a light saber. If its decent then YAY! I've been waiting for a light saber game where you can actually pretend to wield a light saber (not counting Force Unleashed since that's not really a dueling game where this is).

Deadly Creatures: You get to be either a scorpion or a spider. How awesome is that?!? There is apparently also a level where you frigging kill a boy that picks you up by stinging him. I just think that is play supreme awesomeness.

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop: Never played the first. Sounds really good. Also I hope it's as hard as it sounds since on occasion I'm a glutton for punishment.

FaceBreaker: Some Subtitle I forgot: I was watching it and it seemed really cool. When it turned out terrible everywhere else I was severely disappointed. I still have hope in this one as the developers seem to be developing it from the ground up (read NOT a direct port).

Mad World: No I'm not generally into super violent games. However the comic book style shows reminds me too much of Sin City and I really like it. Also I think the Wii has earned a violent game (other then no more heroes). This hopefully will break the idea that it's only for casual games, kids and retards.

Sadness: I admit that I know very little about it but It sounds like a good premise. Also it's set entirely in Black and White. Sounds really cool. So I have hope for it.

Other Console Games I'm Looking Forward:

Resident Evil Five: I really liked Resident Evil four. This seems like more of the same. I don't mind.

MK vs DC: Yes I know everyone rags on it. But I have a soft spot for super heroes and fighting games. I think it looks awesome. As long as the DC characters aren't let downs.

Imagination Is The Only Escape: Only DS game on the list. It looks really good. A game based on the Holocaust (A subject that I feel very strongly about...stronger then most people I know). Also it shows a child trying to escape from the horror using his imagination. An interesting take on a horror of war. This honestly looks very, very promising.

What I Don't Want To See:

Direct Ports of Anything (well except Dead Rising...but here there is a control scheme change so yeah): They are plain boring and a waste of time. It restricts developers from developing other games.

A New Halo: Yes we get it Halo was massively popular. Yes you seem to have spawned a religion. Yes you are now all trillionaires, even the janitors. But please don't continue shoving this down our throats. Make something new. Do to another genre what Halo did to FPSes (aka set billions of trends that no-one breaks). Wait on second thought...DON'T

The DC Characters Sucking in MK Vs. DC: Just...no. They are frigging SUPER. Don't screw this one up Midway. Just...Don't.

szaleniec1000

Nov 11, 2008
Goldeneye103X2 said:
I haven't played a Sonic the Hedgehog game since the Megadrive era, but I'd get a console just so I could play a SatAM-based game. No idea how likely it is, or even how or if the cartoons fit into the continuity of the newer games. Is there a rumour of this happening?

On the definitely coming out front, Hearts of Iron 3 for the PC.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
im look forward to final fantasy 13 but what im not looking forward to is movie games, they all suck so much

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
theveryrealDarktalon said:
Goldeneye103X2 said:
I haven't played a Sonic the Hedgehog game since the Megadrive era, but I'd get a console just so I could play a SatAM-based game. No idea how likely it is, or even how or if the cartoons fit into the continuity of the newer games. Is there a rumour of this happening?

On the definitely coming out front, Hearts of Iron 3 for the PC.
No, but it's not that hard to fit in the freedom fighters into the newer games. All i want is the freedom fighters (Sally, bunnie, tails, rotor and antoine) to appear in a new sonic game.

Scruffy323

Sep 28, 2008
Starcraft 2 is high on my watch-list. Also; Warcraft 4(as long as it's set up like Warcraft 2), Assassins' Creed 2, Star Wars: Battlefront 3, and of course the inevitible Starcraft 2 expansion pack. Maybe a Starcraft mmo? Or a single player rpg? I think Bliizard is working on an MMORPG Diablo because they have job listings for an "unannounced Next-Gen MMO."