Any game soundtracks you regularly listen to?

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Flamb3Nobunaga said:
I ask this because I was talking with my friends recently about iTunes and how there's no decent soundtracks for games on there. They then all laughed at me for listening to game soundtracks. I felt a little embarrassed and I hoped to get a little support on this from you guys. Are there any game soundtracks you listen to on your MP3 player?

Me, personally,
I listen to the Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance soundtrack at the gym.
I listen to the Guild Wars 2 soundtrack on my daily 45 minute commute to work.
I listen to the Journey Soundtrack when I'm bored and I'm just chilling in my bedroom.

Does this on repeat count?

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
How come there is no Neverhood mentioned once in this thread? Shame on you people.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
The Test Drive Unlimited 2 soundtrack is fantastic. I have all but two songs off of that soundtrack.

Nim

Apr 5, 2012
The Binding of Isaac - Very good, haunting yet beautiful.
Silent Hill 1-4 - Akira Yamaoka is an atmospheric genius.
American McGee's Alice - Equal parts mental and fantastic.
The Cat Lady - One of the most depressed soundtracks I've ever heard, quite fitting.

Can't go wrong with a good horror game (well, sorta) soundtrack!

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
Final Fantasy VII and the two immediately following it. Those three soundtracks represent as whole works some of my favorite music. They are listened to on an absolutely constant basis. Followed closely by Chrono Cross (yes the PS1 is my favorite console, why do you ask?), the collected Kingdom Hearts OSTs, fighting game OSTs, and random game tracks like the solo piano version of "Can't Say Goodbye to Yesterday" from Metal Gear Solid 2.

Duncan Belfast

Oct 19, 2010
SimCity 4 has one of the best soundtrack for driving ever.
Bastion
Original Spyro trilogy
A Bug's Life
Digimon World 3
Fire Emblem
RollerCoaster Tycoon
Mall Tycoon
Monopoly Tycoon
Various Legend of Zelda games
Various Pokemon games
Runescape
...among others

I'm almost tempted to invest in a larger iPod.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
I listen to any Blizzard soundtrack all the time. I'm listenin to the soundtrack for Mists right now even.

God I love Blizzard's music.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
The ones I listen to on a regular basis right now are King of Fighters XIII and Heroes of Might and Magic 3, as well as the occasional case of Guilty Gear and Street Fighter Alpha 3.

And since everyone else is posting samples:

<3

edit: Oh, and let's not forget the best theme that DAN THE MAN has ever had! :D

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
The Bastion soundtracks is one of the more regularly played albums on my phone, I'm very surprised at how few people have mentioned it since it was one of the things everyone was talking about when the game was released.

Gennaroc

Jul 30, 2011
Jack Wall's work on Myst III and IV is fantastically good, and has been in my iTunes since forever. (The soundtracks from the first two are quite great as well, but I have a more nostalgic connection to III and IV due to playing them first, out of order:p ). Some of Christophe Heral's work from Beyond Good and Evil is also really cool, and the Metroid Prime trilogy definitely has some solid tracks.

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
Elder scrolls in general is very soothing,
Call to Arms from WoW
portal and portal 2 songs although I don't know if that counts in the spirit of the thread.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Oh boy, most of the songs on my phone are from game soundtracks.

And there are still more from the likes of:

Gratuitous Space Battles
Psychonauts
Xcom: Enemy Unknown
Quake 2
Torchlight
Torchlight 2
Plants vs Zombies
Dragon Age
Sanctum

And thats just the soundtracks off my phone, my PC has many more.

[small]But I'm still missing Jeremy Soule's Dawn of War OST.[/small]

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
One of the things I really like about Anarchy Reigns was it's soundtrack, it was a nice to hear a litle RNB style of music for a change when most of the time its metal sort of stuff (see Metal Gear Rising).

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I have a ton of OSTs...I mean I have an entire 16-bit soundtrack I'm always trying to increase in size.
Sonic 1-3/knuckles/blast
Megaman X/Megaman X Sega Genesis remix
Super Metroid
Ranger X
Shinobi 3
Yoshis Island
Phantasy Star IV
Dr Robotniks Mean Bean Machine
Shining Force 2
Rocket Knight Adventures

etc..

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I have the Final Fantasy IX soundtrack as part of my work-time playlist. It is incomplete sadly, since it's missing the Boss Theme and, Zorn & Thorn's theme but it's got everything else. I listen to The Black Mages every so often as well but it's not exactly the original source, just bad-ass metal versions of them (except for Otherworld which was made less metal...)

Andrew_C

Mar 1, 2011
I regularly listen to the Tropico 1 and Redneck Rampage soundtracks. There is some great psychobilly/cowpunk on the Redneck Rampage soundtrack, and hey, I just like Tropico's soundtrack.