Any one else secretly wishes the world actually does end in december?

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Well, it would be nice to know that I am not missing out on anything after my death.
So yeah, kind of.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
It's kind of hard to secretly wish for something if you post our answer on a public forum.

May 28, 2009
I've got my bets down properly. I bet against it. Not influenced by any personal belief, but because it's the safer bet to make.

If the world ends, I don't have to pay up.

If it doesn't, I get money.

Win/win for me.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
No, I wish alot of people didn't exist anymore but if everyone died I would be dead and then I would be sad.

Wushu Panda

Jul 4, 2011
I honestly wouldn't mind if the world came to an end. If I die in the initial disaster, oh well. If I survive that, then I go to my already in place plan B. Guns, shelter and walmart looting.

xidphel

Jul 3, 2008
Well, considering I stumbled upon a game developper being sentenced to death, MLP paranoia, a beating and a stabbing crime on my way to watch Zero Punctuation's review of Pokemon White, I might be hoping for it a bit.

D-Ray

Oct 4, 2011
I'm not sure....is it supposed to just end? Like, Earth exploding or something? Or, is the "Rapture" or whatever you want to call it supposed to happen.

It would be weird to see government and everything else crash and burn....but just ending?
no.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
It would be sad if it would end too quickly and I can't see it all until the very end. Thinking about it I'm actually kind of surprised I don't really care. It has to end someday anyway.
Unfortunate, because I wanted to do some things before I die, but I won't achieve most of them anyway.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Actually.. if the world would just end, not in a big desaster, but just dissapear at 21.12.12, would it really be a tragedy or a loss?

Nope, and why? Because until it happens, we'll never be sure if it'll happen or not, and if it happens all problems are solved anyway.

If everything is just gone and nobodys there to comment on it afterwards, why should we care? Ah right, the arrogance and selfimportance of humanity.
'cause you know, we actually matter in this universe.

If 1 person dies, it's a tragedy. If the whole planet disappears, the universe will just continue without us and not a single f* will be given that day.

PS:
On a small scale, it would be not so pleasant.
But if i take a look at the whole picture our species is since the last 2000 years.. I kinda lost hope in humanity as a whole with the age of "way to young".

But with all the insecurity & jealousy & greed (Imo are these roots of all forms of evil we can expirience on a daily basis) going on on this planet, one can only hope to have a positive influence on these around himself and hope someone with actual power to change stuff doesn't decide to start to blow up the whole cess pool.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
The Twilight's Hammer welcomes you.
*nerd mode off*

Well, no. Not really. Watching it would be freaky. Y'know, watching something that's existed for billions of years being destroyed. Wouldn't feel right.
And I DEFINITELY don't want it to end for shits and giggles. Not what you meant, but still. Anyone who does should really get their head out their ass.

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
krazykidd said:
I think that the earth is in such a deplorable state that we deserve to have the human race be annihalited
I know this is kind of off topic, but it really bugs me. The fact that we advance as a society makes us worthy of extinction? Also, what deplorable state? It's not like we're being overburdened with trash or have polluted the air with toxic chemicals. Just CO2, and that was an accident.

If you ask me, if it wasn't for humans, this floating rock would remain useless. If it wasn't for us, the earth wouldn't have a purpose beyond looking nice to creatures which no longer exist.

?Maybe the Earth would be better off without us. Safe and clean and perfect, like a toy nobody ever played with. Pretty and pointless.?

HandyAndy136

Apr 3, 2011
I really don't believe the world will end. But if it does, I'll be a bit peeved - I will have JUST finished high school. 12 years of formal education down the drain. :/

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
BlackWidower said:
krazykidd said:
I think that the earth is in such a deplorable state that we deserve to have the human race be annihalited
I know this is kind of off topic, but it really bugs me. The fact that we advance as a society makes us worthy of extinction? Also, what deplorable state? It's not like we're being overburdened with trash or have polluted the air with toxic chemicals. Just CO2, and that was an accident.

If you ask me, if it wasn't for humans, this floating rock would remain useless. If it wasn't for us, the earth wouldn't have a purpose beyond looking nice to creatures which no longer exist.

?Maybe the Earth would be better off without us. Safe and clean and perfect, like a toy nobody ever played with. Pretty and pointless.?
Are you really gonna misquote me like that ? I mean really, Shame on you .

The sentence was and i quote : "Now i am not a person that wishes ill to anyone nor do i think that the earth is in such a deplorable state that we deserve to have the human race be annihalited [...]"

Do you know what "NOR" means? You cannot just cut a sentence half way through like that. Shame .

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Kaleion said:
Why are people so keen on trying to destroy the world 10 days after my birthday?!
Do you guys not like me? Is this your idea of a troll birthday present with a 10 day delay to make it extra trollish?
Trust me, if we ( who is this we? ) wanted to troll you with an apocalypse, we would be way more clever than that. We would set the date a week after your birthday and tell you about it, then change it to the day BEFORE your birthday , and NOT tell you about it . Then make YOU immune to the apocalypse, thus leaving you to wander a desolate world,all alone, on your birthday . THATS how we'd troll you .

( This is a joke btw )

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Lumber Barber said:
No.
I want to watch both parts of The Hobbit. After that, I don't care, my life will be complete.
Plus, not a single one of you here on the Escapist will survive some sort of fallout-themed apocalypse.
Not even one.
Eh, I don't know. We have a lot of gun nuts around here, the kind who keep a bug out bag just in case the world ends and they don't die in the initial wave of destruction. And beyond those people, I can't be the only one around here who does really well at HvZ[footnote]In three games, I died twice, in a game that simply making it to the half way point alive makes you a pretty serious badass. Once because someone in what I thought was a secure Facebook group was feeding information to the zeds, which only lasted for a few hours before I managed to get a revive card -- and I managed to successfully sneak away completely unarmed from a horde of zombies after redeeming it, also managing to survive the final battle despite the humans losing overall -- and once in the last thirty seconds of the final battle, providing the distraction that allowed two of the other humans to complete the objective and win the game. The other time, not only did I survive the entire game, but the humans won that one too, making for a .5 w/l ratio in a game that humans aren't supposed to win at all. (I wasn't present for the first game, but the humans lost that one.)[/footnote]. I'm sure we've got plenty of people who would survive for a while if they managed not to die in the initial wave. The problem is, surviving that part is almost impossible.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
krazykidd said:
Kaleion said:
Why are people so keen on trying to destroy the world 10 days after my birthday?!
Do you guys not like me? Is this your idea of a troll birthday present with a 10 day delay to make it extra trollish?
Trust me, if we ( who is this we? ) wanted to troll you with an apocalypse, we would be way more clever than that. We would set the date a week after your birthday and tell you about it, then change it to the day BEFORE your birthday , and NOT tell you about it . Then make YOU immune to the apocalypse, thus leaving you to wander a desolate world,all alone, on your birthday . THATS how we'd troll you .

( This is a joke btw )
Heck, joke or not, it's set for about a month /before/ my birthday, not to mention just in time for me to graduate college and finally move out of my parents' house. Maybe I'm the one who's being trolled...

White Knight2392

Jan 6, 2012
I don't think it's gonna happen either, but I've got this nagging feeling that the world will end in a sense, in that some massive, reality-changing event will happen, like we all turn into dragons or something. Wich is unsettling, because whenever I get these wierd, out-of-nowhere, no-evidence-or-reason-to-think-so feelings, they inevitably, ALWAYS prove to be correct. Well, unsettling or AWESOME!!! Cross your fingers!

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
Anyone who's a fool would want the world to end, no matte how you try to justify it.