Any personal projects you're trying to get round to?

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Yes... but I can't really say what it is, because "what it is" keeps changing >.< It involves typing things into a computer and then the computer doing stuff, that much I'm sure of.

JayElleBee

Jul 9, 2010
I'm working on a series of web-novels. Problem is, I'm still in the early stages of planning so I'm not invested in the idea enough to stick with one settings. So I keep jumping from post-apocalyptic, to sci-fi, to fantasy and back again. It's very distressing. I'm so fickle.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Well, there are a couple of maps on Halo Reach that I started and never finished.(not that I have any friends who would be willing to test them out with me anyway) I've wanted to start drawing more again and possibly even start my own webcomic ( I've been writing down ideas for years now and have more that need written down before I forget them), but I've been too preoccupied with videogames and the internet to do anything about it. There's also that Let's Play I'm doing with my brother that we haven't recoded anything for in a while.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
Right now I'm trying to wrap up a female TF2 character mod, and working on a couple Scott Joplin pieces. I don't have a lot of free time right now, but I'd really like to brush up on my Chinese somehow, but I don't have any good way to practice.

Hell-On-Wheels

Sep 30, 2011
There is a couple of things:

I have an old truck I've been working on. Getting it completely finished, however, has been eluding me due to a lack of time.

Also I am wanting to get a Extra-class amateur radio license. My goal is to get it by the end of the year.

RedgraveStorm

Feb 15, 2011
I've been wanting to get started writing some poems and short stories. So far procrastination, school, and mental blocks have been getting in my way. Other than that learn how to play guitar.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
Hmmm...After reading some of these my personal projects seem kinda trivial by comparison.

I'm actually trying to get around to writing a couple of fanfics that I've started but can't work up the motivation to finish. Anyone got any ideas on how to do that? 'Cause I'm stumped, and otherwise it'll a slow process that my readers will probably want to lynch me for.

I also need to look into stopping my chronic procrastination...tomorrow.

broadbandaddict

Jun 12, 2010
Hell-On-Wheels said:

I have an old truck I've been working on. Getting it completely finished, however, has been eluding me due to a lack of time.

Also I am wanting to get a Extra-class amateur radio license. My goal is to get it by the end of the year.
What kind of old truck? If you don't mind my asking.

Hell-On-Wheels

Sep 30, 2011
broadbandaddict said:
Hell-On-Wheels said:

Not at all,

It's a 1969 Chevy C30.

broadbandaddict

Jun 12, 2010
Hell-On-Wheels said:
broadbandaddict said:
Hell-On-Wheels said:

Not at all,

It's a 1969 Chevy C30.
That is awesome. Are you restoring it back to original or is it getting upgraded?

GenericAmerican

Dec 27, 2009
Well I wrote 60 thousands words of a story I came up with, then never touched it again...maybe because that only finished off the first chapter.

Techsmart07

Mar 5, 2011
Tuesday Night Fever said:
Jonluw said:
I have to let my dentist have a look at my wisdom teeth
I just had mine taken out recently. All four in one go. I kept putting it off, and putting it off, and putting it off... it took me over ten years to finally do it, and by the time I did, my whole face was constantly throbbing in pain. Don't put off getting them out like I did. If I'd just gotten it done early-on, it would have been no big deal whatsoever. The horror stories everyone told me were worse than the actual operation, go figure.
Gotta agree here. I had my wisdom teeth taken out. They just went ahead and knocked me out, removed all of them at once. Went ahead and removed two other teeth right in front that needed a root canal anyways. Never felt a thing. By the time I got back up, only thing I felt was a little pain like I cut my gum on a piece of food.

2733 said:
I've got a pen and paper RPG that needs to be compiled and sent out for playtesting, a gamemaker project that needs to really get started, a chicken coop to build, and a sword to finish shaping. At least I finally got my grandma's house taken care of now so this stuff should be done soon, I hope.
funny, I'm actually working on my own Pen and paper RPG at the moment as well. I also wanna spend more time working on recreating the cave story characters in maya, so that I may one day be able to create my own cave story-inspired game. I also gotta clean my car out, which seems like a small task, but becomes difficult when I am home (and awake) less than 2-3 hours a day on average, and most of it is at odd hours of the morning or evening. I'm also working on creating my next D&D one-shot, which will be my first one that might be "combat free," depending on player actions. That takes a lot more work than throwing another dragon at them.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
I've got about 75 Warhammer 40k models to paint, a 1500 word essay on cloud computing, I'm 3 weeks behind on a 2000 word assignment due in 3 weeks, I've got a backlog of games from HIB, my dog needs washing, my fish tanks need cleaning, my bedroom needs cleaning, my computer needs cleaning and I'm trying to get around to reading a PDF from my Chem teacher about stopping procrastination. Procastination stops me from achieving all these things.

Bagged Milk

Jan 5, 2011
I'm trying to actually finish this painting but I keep getting distracted! I keep losing interest in it! Damn you short attention span!

here's a link to a higher res version: [link]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3954/zimsickkid.jpg[/link]

as you can see, it's nowhere close to being done!

Hell-On-Wheels

Sep 30, 2011
broadbandaddict said:
Hell-On-Wheels said:
broadbandaddict said:
Hell-On-Wheels said:

Not at all,

It's a 1969 Chevy C30.
That is awesome. Are you restoring it back to original or is it getting upgraded?
It'll be close to original. C30's of that model year came without beds, and the first owner, a local cemetery, had a flatbed and hoist professionally installed on it in 1970. One of their employees also blew up the original engine at some point, so a crate 350 was put in. The fact that it has a very low geared 4-speed, top speed 50 MPH, might have contributed to that.

The only real upgrade I plan on doing to it is disc brakes. The current braking system needs a lot of work.

broadbandaddict

Jun 12, 2010
Hell-On-Wheels said:
It'll be close to original. C30's of that model year came without beds, and the first owner, a local cemetery, had a flatbed and hoist professionally installed on it in 1970. One of their employees also blew up the original engine at some point, so a crate 350 was put in. The fact that it has a very low geared 4-speed, top speed 50 MPH, might have contributed to that.

The only real upgrade I plan on doing to it is disc brakes. The current braking system needs a lot of work.
Damn. 50MPH, that is flying. You better get new brakes if you plan on going that fast. :p

That's cool that you're fixing back up to original. I always figured if I rebuilt one I would put new parts in an old body cause the old bodies are so much better looking (IMHO) than modern but the new drive trains are crazy great. Then again I'm sure that is more expensive considering a modern engine and transmission can set you back 5K+... I'll just have to settle for messing with my current vehicle for now, its expensive enough just trying to maintain one properly.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
Phasmal said:
Yep, in future going to make a webcomic.
People always say when I complain about crappy superhero ladies being just boobs and little else, they say `go make your own`.
So I shall.
Eventually, just now I'm focusing on more IRL stuff like getting a house.
Incidentally, that is one of the many projects I have in the works.
I have a couple of projects. A friend and I (and possibly more friends) are creating a website to produce a bunch of creative content/blog. I have one web comic currently going on a different site that I haven't had the time to work on in a while (and might have a legal issue going on), two other web comics I'm kicking around but need to develop more, and have been meaning to write more board game reviews.
And I actually need to get the full site up.

El Dwarfio

Jan 30, 2012
Well I really need to get on with my dissertation, I'm just stalling until I find out if I'm gonna get funded.

Oh and I'm volunteering on a refugee camp in Thailand.

Finally, when I get my PC back in June I'm gonna start a Lets Play Youtube channel, more for fun or anything. - The first games I'm gonna play are Dragon Age Origins (silent player character = scripted comedy), Total War: Alexander (theres very little of this game on the web, but the short fast campaign should make for a good LP) and ARMA2 for wacky hardcore comedy.

Let me know what you think ;)