Any personal projects you're trying to get round to?

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Well, I want to learn coding, specifically HTML and CSS. Website designing. And of course, graphics designing.

I'm also gonna try and make my reviews into a full fledged series. :p

Of course, I also want to learn another language. THUS, BECOMING TRILINGUAL.

RobDaBank

Nov 16, 2011
I have a concept for a minor invention but I lack the technical drawing ability and both the skills and means to create a prototype.

Have also had a rather in depth idea for a sci-fi book that I'll probably never write...

Damn my lack of spare time!!

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I've got a huge bag of paperclips I've been meaning to turn into a chain mail shirt... Yes, insane, I know.

Xen0n

Sep 21, 2011
Have been trying to build a electric guitar for a while now. But today I actually got around to sanding of the body of the old one, which I'm going to use as a base.

Other than that I've been trying to write and record some songs. I have been trying for almost two months but I've gotten frackin NOWHERE.

But if i ever finish any of these things I mights put it up here...

Clinky

Jan 5, 2012
I have several actually, all of which I hope to get to.

-Lose weight, I'm not in particularly awful shape but I do need to drop some pounds and trim up a bit. I'm kind of in the process of this, I'm trying to eat better and I'm also attending a Zumba class every week. I also plan to start going for evening walks when I'm not busy with class.

-Clean my room, both my dorm room and my own room back home. Much sorting and toting to be done. As well as trips to goodwill to give some old items of mine a good home. As well as some refurbishment. I also want to redecorate my room back home, make it into my personal batcave. =B

-A bunch of DIY projects I've found, from clothing, to jewelry, to room accessories, to food, to random little fun things(Like a homemade marshmallow blow gun!). This kinda ties into the weight loss and room projects above. I confess to being a HUGE DIY fan, chances are a lot of these will take place during the summer when I'm back home and have more time on my hands.

-Lastly I have a couple that some have already mentioned(A webcomic, Video Game/Book Bucket List, etc.)

black_omega2

Jun 2, 2009
I've been saving up some monies to buy DJ equipment so I can finally start practicing on hardware.
Also, I've been meaning to find a good place to practice dancing, and start putting up tutorials on youtube. My goal is to eventually start setting up meet-ups in my area.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Tuesday Night Fever said:
dyre said:
Oh, shit, I've been putting it off for about a year now. How long was your face throbbing in pain?!
Like I said... I put it off for around ten years. It didn't really hurt during the meantime. Every once in a while I'd have a day or two where I felt like a little kid teething, but nothing severe.

Then a few months back I started having whole weeks at a time where my whole face hurt. One of the wisdom teeth was pretty impacted and was putting pressure on the rest of my lower teeth, and another wisdom tooth had cracked because there wasn't enough room for it in my jaw and ended up getting infected. But it took a really long time to get to that point.

If I'd had them taken out at any time within the first five or so years, I probably could have even avoided the days where it felt like I was teething.

But I was lazy, I kept making excuses (like not having the time or money to get it done even when I did), and I was admittedly a little afraid of getting it done because of the horror stories people talk about. But it ended up being no big deal. Operation took about an hour, I felt no pain whatsoever, I was able to speak more-or-less clearly within 8 or so hours after the operation, I was back to work and eating solid foods again within three days. There was a bit of bleeding immediately after I got home, but it wasn't too bad and didn't last very long. There was very little swelling. Hell, I never even bothered taking any of the painkillers they sent me home with.

It's really nothing to worry about. Just don't let it wait as ridiculously long as I did.
Oh, you mean it hurt before you got them taken out, but not so much after? Whew, alright. I'll get mine taken out this coming spring break.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Freechoice said:
Workin' on that novel o' mine. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9rv1oJ4Res]
I too am writing a novel, actually. Fortunately, on Thursdays I have a three and a half hour break. While it was intensely annoying, I realized it's the perfect time to get down to some writing.

Beyond that, I do have some others I didn't put in the OP:

There is of course my ten year plan to complete my A levels, go to University in America, return to Britain triumphantly and join the Royal Marines, then leave and live in America. I will also hand-rear a couple of wolf cubs.

And think up more shower related innuendos. It seems to be a relationship in-joke that when my girlfriend tells me she's going for a shower I make some kind of sexual remark. Enough so that when I didn't previously, she was a little disappointed.

Oh, and I need to improve my shooting.

Little update on my Minecraft Winterfell project: I'm having a little trouble with the heart tree.

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
1) Update my cv, which will hopefully lead to...
2) ...getting a new job
3) Teach my son to ride his bike
4) Teach my son to tie his shoes
5) Reclaim my garden from The Weeds From Hell
6) Get loft insulation installed
7) Somehow get all of this done around Mass Effect 3

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
I'm building a Witcher dice poker set. Bought the wood, hinges and tools. I've measured up and made blueprints, but I never have the time to just cut some wood. Shame too, I've got some sexy black and gold die just waiting to be used:( Need to find an artist to paint it too.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
I'm currently planning the construction of the next Iiosia Combat Simulator. Hoping to get in some new features like gridbased movement and multiple partymembers.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I've been thinking about doing some user reviews, that's about it; now that I've got a short break from doing coursework I might trying writing something up.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
1. Learn another language, I don't know which one but I was learning German in high school so I'll probably carry on with that.
2. Lose my virginity(This one isn't going so well, you could have guessed that.Haha)
3. Read more books(Suggestions welcome)
4. Get some sort of physical excercise at least once a week, I should be a really fat bastard but I've got no fat at all.

damselgaming

Feb 3, 2009
Writing my D&D campaign- not that I've lined anyone up to play it yet- I'm halfway through the writing, then need to make all the maps/boards/etc. V.Excited!

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Lets see, I have a ton of ideas for building stuff but lack the materials and funds to procure said materials. Once I get back into the workforce I'm planning on saving up for a Reprap 3D printer (The Huxley model which is ~$500) so I can let loose my creative mind. Currently I want to make a motorized skateboard, a model of a mech I have been thinking about, and many other plans.

Also I really want to get back into D&D and possibly start a webcomic once my drawing skills increase.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
dyre said:
Oh, you mean it hurt before you got them taken out, but not so much after? Whew, alright. I'll get mine taken out this coming spring break.
Yep. It really didn't hurt very much after getting them out. It was really more annoying than it was painful. The worst part of the whole experience was the stitches. The oral surgeon I went to used stitches that dissolve over time so that I wouldn't have to go back to get them taken out. After a few days when the stitches started to come loose it felt like I had little pieces of dental floss stuck between my teeth and hanging down in the back of my mouth. It was pretty annoying, but it only lasted like a day or so and wasn't painful.

Some people get lucky and don't have to get wisdom teeth removed. I think it's something like a third of the U.S. population never has to deal with it. But if your dentist tells you it's a concern, it's probably a good idea to listen to him or her and avoid taking the stupid route that I took. Dental health is one of the most frequently overlooked health concerns, despite it actually being very important to a person's well-being.

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
I was planning on writing a story, but i lack two things:

the drive to write it
time

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
damselgaming said:
Writing my D&D campaign- not that I've lined anyone up to play it yet- I'm halfway through the writing, then need to make all the maps/boards/etc. V.Excited!
My problem when I plan campaigns is actually the opposite. I usually have TOO MANY people who want to play. Pretty soon here I am going to actually sit one of our new guys down and explain to him that jumping in on the third campaign in a three-campaign long story where everyone is playing the same characters starting at at level 12 in a home-brew rule set is not the best way to get into table top gaming. Having him would be problematic for a plethora of reasons D: