Any Videogame character

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
DustlessDragoon said:
I really didn't like Yukari, she was bitchy and just rubbed me the wrong way. She's a well written character and I can understand why she acted like she did but I just didn't like her. To each their own I guess.
I really found her to be a compelling character in general and didn't really notice a lot more unnecessary "bitchyness" of her than I did of most other characters. I really liked Yukari as a character as she showed some actual believable inner conflict and actual compassion.

Her backstory, her own personal faults (they're supposed to be humans and we sure are faulty as a species) and her kind behavior in general were really worked out extremely well. A lot better than I can say for any other Persona character I've seen (that includes P4, unfortunately). Hell, I wouldn't have liked The Answer if it weren't for Yukari and Aigis.

But yeah, to each their own =).

<spoiler=If I would have to rank the P3 and P4 characters, it'd probably have to be>

Great
Yukari
Aigis
Naoto
Yosuke

Good
Yu
Teddie
Chie
Kanji
Minato
Mitsuru

Average
Koromaru
Rise
Yukiko
Ken

Bad
Junpei
Fuuka

Get the fuck out of here
Shinji

KiloFox

Aug 16, 2011
i would choose John Talbain from Darkstalkers, but he wants to get rid of his "curse" and i wouldn't wanna...

and in the absence of actual AWESOME weres in gaming, i'd have to go with Fox from the Starfox series.

there really needs to be more awesome furry/werewolf characters in gaming... seriously

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
8-Bit_Jack said:
Latinidiot said:
I'd like to be any character in the Elder scrolls with magical ability. If magic existed I wouldn't want to anything else.
I can't help but find the prospect disquieting. Magicka is a derived stat of intelligence (in the first four), what happens when it turns out you just arent as smart as you thought?
True, but I don't mind, even if my int. Is lower than I think it is, i still have the will to get good at one of the disciplines.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
DustlessDragoon said:
The proswagonist from Persona 4 so I can get all the girls.
This, but for other reasons.
Or at least just have his powers. Shit'd be AWESOME.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
Latinidiot said:
8-Bit_Jack said:
Latinidiot said:
I'd like to be any character in the Elder scrolls with magical ability. If magic existed I wouldn't want to anything else.
I can't help but find the prospect disquieting. Magicka is a derived stat of intelligence (in the first four), what happens when it turns out you just arent as smart as you thought?
True, but I don't mind, even if my int. Is lower than I think it is, i still have the will to get good at one of the disciplines.
meh. I repeat my earlier post.

~player.placeatme "the bitches" 10&#8617;
~player.setav stamina 1000&#8617;~

Shadowsetzer

Jul 15, 2010
leet_x1337 said:
Dante (the original, white-haired one), because he's a total BAMF. Also, those guns are pretty awesome.
Seconded. :)

AgentLampshade said:
Dante from the Devil May Cry series (not THAT one) or Vergil from the same series. Because being a nigh-invulnerable, demon killing, master-of-all-trades badass mercenary is never a bad career option.
Okay, I guess thirded....?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Shocksplicer said:
Nouw said:
Shocksplicer said:
Nouw said:
Max Payne for the bullet-time and healing through consuming painkillers.
You realise you just chose the character with arguably the shittiest life in all of gaming?
Hey, I'll just live an honest, pain free life. I'll become a writer or take up an office job and avoid policing and crime as much as possible.
But... What possible use could you have for Bullet Time and regeneration through Painkillers if you become a writer or office worker?
You just have to use your imagination! Mundane tasks like sending faxes and putting rubbish in a bin could be made fun with a bit of bullet-time. Failing that, I could join professional paint-balling/air-soft and be the best, the very best!

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
ZombieFanatic said:
All I'd really want would be immortality and wealth, but I can't for the life of me think of a game character with both who didn't bow to some greater power. I know there must be somebody but I can't for the life of me think of anyone.
Kain , Lost oddesey . Good luck with that immortality. :/

OT: Squall , before he met rinoa . His personality is the closest to mine. , and he has a gunblade .

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Amaterasu all the way. She's an adorable wolf, a sun goddess, and her painting powers fit well with my artistic nature, so she's just an all-around perfect fit. Being a fluffy sun goddess armed with a magic paint brush, fighting monkey demons, and traveling the countryside in fantasy feudal Japan also seems a lot less painful and angsty than what most other game characters go through. Even the Boss from Saints Row, my second choice, has a tendency to get shot at and have their friends die on them far too often for my personal taste.

alphamalet

Nov 29, 2011
Well, perhaps the OP should specify if you get to be a character in the game they are from, or if you get to be that character in real life. I'll go with the former.

Grey Warden from Dragon Age Origins. There is so much stuff to do and see in that game. Plus, I think it would be interesting to have conversations with some of the party members, and to be able to have the influence the Grey Warden has. I mean come on, you get to chose who becomes king.

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
DustlessDragoon said:
The proswagonist from Persona 4 so I can get all the girls.
This, but for other reasons.
Or at least just have his powers. Shit'd be AWESOME.
Yeah I guess that's be good too, but ya know getting to hang out with Chie sounds better :p

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
How about Crypto-138 of Destroy All Humans 2? Badass alien, kickass voice, asskicking powers and weapons, and drop dead hilarious.

Bitcoon

May 16, 2012
Daxter, from the Jak and Daxter games.

I mean, he gets no super awesome powers and he's hardly the one running around and beating up bad guys, but he's pretty damn awesome in his own right. And being that small and cute has to have its advantages. :>

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Sonic the Hedgehog.
Unlimited stamina, running super-duper fast, I'd like the rush.
Gotta watch out for anything pointy though.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Probably either Garrus Vakarian or a Morrowind Era Argonian.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
8-Bit_Jack said:
Latinidiot said:
8-Bit_Jack said:
Latinidiot said:
meh. I repeat my earlier post.

~player.placeatme "the bitches" 10&#8617;
~player.setav stamina 1000&#8617;~
I see. You choose to be god!

trophykiller

Jul 23, 2010
Shocksplicer said:
You realise you just chose the character with arguably the shittiest life in all of gaming?
Tell that to your avatar. Being at the bottom of the pit is much more painful for those who fell. He's essentially hunted by a force of evil that follows no laws of physics, kidnapped his wife, screwed with his mind(over and over), and can make tornadoes at will. INSTANT TORNADOES, MAN! A guy can't get use to that.