Aperture Requests Funding for Portal 2 Long Fall Boot

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
I want this game I want this game I want this game I want this game I want this game I want this game

These trailers are awesome. I want this game.

RandallJohn said:
Can we all just stop for a minute and talk about how perfect J.K. Simmons is as Cave Johnson? I mean, seriously.
Holy penis I did not know that. Yeah he's awesome.

Strange to find that out today right after I finished watching Spiderman 3

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
RandallJohn said:
Can we all just stop for a minute and talk about how perfect J.K. Simmons is as Cave Johnson? I mean, seriously.
I second this! I mean they've got J. Jonah Jameson doing his voice for Gods sake how can you not love that!

PoweD

Mar 26, 2009
Nice trailer,although the voice reminds me of Sony's marketing itself.

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Sindre1 said:
Anyone else see the Combine Advisor when the screen scrambles?
I can...kinda. It's the right shape. This is only fuelling my speculation that the ARG is about a Half Life 2 Episode 3 announcement...

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
V TheSystem V said:
Sindre1 said:
Anyone else see the Combine Advisor when the screen scrambles?
I can...kinda. It's the right shape. This is only fuelling my speculation that the ARG is about a Half Life 2 Episode 3 announcement...
Nah, it's just distortion of the platform that the unfortunate test subject splats on. I looked at it frame by frame.

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
Just watched it without the sound (at the airport) and even then this looked amazing! And hilarious XD

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
MurderousToaster said:
I'm still confused as to why boots help you when you smash your knee into the ground after a really long fall.
Yeah, same thing. Cave is hiding some technology from us, I just know it!

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
gigastar said:
Speakercone said:
you know, I always wondered how I could fall 50 stories and be fine. now I know.
Canonical explanation is up there.

Real reason is that fall damage is for real life wimps who remember that legs can break if you fall more than 5 meters while making a game.

Anyway, this is my second favorite advert after Bot Trust.
No the turret one takes the false cake. '65% more bullet, per bullet!"

God damn, I'm on holiday on the 19th, pre-ordered on Steam so I was ensured day of release playtime! Oh well, those two days will be days which I slowly burn inside...

Sicram

Mar 17, 2010
Those boots, do want. Yes, as one of my friends pointed out it might get to look a little bit femenine with the heel a bit up but who the hell cares. The male test subjects must've had such too anyway!

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Sicram said:
Those boots, do want. Yes, as one of my friends pointed out it might get to look a little bit femenine with the heel a bit up but who the hell cares. The male test subjects must've had such too anyway!
Actually, the heel being up is to make sure the springs do their job and don't impale your foot. I'll take looking a bit girly if it means I can jump from the top of a skyscraper and end up completely fine.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
That was a great video. It always disoriented me in portal when going through portals and Chell would automatically orient herself. Made complex jumps difficult. But at least it's been explained. And those boots look much more badass than the minimal spring system she had in the original.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Can I shake my Borderlands addiction in time for Portal 2?

I mean, I'm addicted to punching/shutgunning things in the face as Brick.

I'm getting the PS3 version, to see how they magically pull off Steamworks.
May I have your steam pc copy for a friend? No? Ahh worth asking.
___

Also, I'm pretty sure these boots are new, as in not from portal 1. ... which raises a question about who made this advertisement when everyone in the facility is dead, with exception to maybe the Rat man...

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
dududf said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Can I shake my Borderlands addiction in time for Portal 2?

I mean, I'm addicted to punching/shutgunning things in the face as Brick.

I'm getting the PS3 version, to see how they magically pull off Steamworks.
May I have your steam pc copy for a friend? No? Ahh worth asking.
___

Also, I'm pretty sure these boots are new, as in not from portal 1. ... which raises a question about who made this advertisement when everyone in the facility is dead, with exception to maybe the Rat man...
Cave, of course. He had his brain uploaded into a computer. ... I'm not joking, that's really what happened.