Apocalypse Lane: Episode 21: Everybody Hates Cuddles

Tempest Fennac

Aug 30, 2009
Peacey said:
Awesome episode man!

I can't wait to find out what happened to Cuddle's arm. Cuddles and Steve looks like two guys who could have been in the army or something. Maybe especially Cuddles. That cliffhanger is exciting too, but I kinda feel bad for The Gamerz, their odds for beating Obama's thing when their boss is gone is well...I don't know the size of their army, but it seems Obama's is big.

Everything was great except the sound, nothing big, but it got a little hard to hear what they were saying sometimes, and when I turned up the volume they started shouting and shooting eachother.
Judging by the audience when Steve and Marty were introduced, there appears to be a few dozen Gamerz. We don't really know what their offensive capabilities are like, though; the rifles which the guards at the end of this episode had appear to be lethal up close but the fact that they may not be full automatics could cause some problems if Obama's army has assault rifles due to the need to be more accurate (admittedly, the Gamerz may have taken the pre-'70s army view that training people to be accurate with semi-automatic weapons is better then letting people potentially waste bullets with full auto fire). Pumper's electro-stick thing appears to only have limited range while having limited effectiveness as well. Also, judging by the size of what's attacking them, the Gamerz will probably need rocket launchers to fight it effectively.

What makes you think Steve and Cuddles were in the army? I'm curious due to how letting acat join the army seems odd, and Steve hasn't shown any combat capabilities (that theory could explain how Cuddles is so lethal with a shotgun, though).

Tears of Blood said:
Hahah. The end with the soldiers (They kinda' remind me of Spartans... o_O) was great. XD Where did they get those stories about Twitchy and Pumper? I can't imagine they'd be having a hard time killing Humongoid if they were really that relentless.
While Humongoid appears to be a complete loser, the fact that he's the leader of what Obama described as the most dangerous gang suggests he can be ruthless when necessary (we have some evidence of that from when he wanted to torture Hickey and Willie).

EDIT: I was just watching the last episode again and I noticed the guns seemed to be shotguns, which doesn't bode well for the Gamerz judging by how the attack force is likely to have weapons with better range.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Well, I'm certainly looking forward to the next episode. And I'm gonna have to check out the collective works by the guys who voiced the henchmen. *That* was a great scene by the way.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Is this all planned out or are you making this up as you go along?

Either way, I'm happy this has gone on as long as it has, people didn't like it much at first but it's good they've finally come around.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Woohoo! Sam, Harry, and Max all in one episode, that's awesome. I wonder which one died, hehe. As for the episode itself, excellent acting, great drama, exciting cliffhanger, and a hilarious gambling joke. I have to say that this is my favorite episode so far. Also, does anybody else think that the great rooster sounds like Boomhauer from King of the Hill?

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
katsa5 said:
O How I love thee, o great Episode 21. Let me count the ways that I die from laughter.
1) More like a prick.
2) Hallelujah! Rooster be praised.
3) Twichy's Easter Egg Hunt that can only be described as Saw-Quality.
4) Bet he won't last a week.
Awesome awesome work. Love the show.
"Oi! Who the f*ck ate all my yoghurt!?"

Ardna Xela

May 28, 2009
Aww poor Cuddles, I felt so sorry for him.

But anyways, thanks Mr Etheridge for another amazing episode!

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
k-ossuburb said:

Either way, I'm happy this has gone on as long as it has, people didn't like it much at first but it's good they've finally come around.
A little bit of both really. We have the whole outline for the series including the ending but each episode and the story is subject to change once we get into the recording booth. A big help is that we know the back story to all the characters so we can drop hints along the way about past events that the audience will eventually discover as well.

Regardless I'm glad people are starting to get into it. I think we scared a lot of people off with the first few because the episodes we're seemingly random. Not to mention the fact that we tried to introduce about 6 characters in 5 minutes. :p

Still word of mouth is really going to get people coming back I think. Wait till you see the bomb we drop on Thursday. :)

katsa5

Aug 10, 2009
Cavouku said:
katsa5 said:
O How I love thee, o great Episode 21. Let me count the ways that I die from laughter.
1) More like a prick.
2) Hallelujah! Rooster be praised.
3) Twichy's Easter Egg Hunt that can only be described as Saw-Quality.
4) Bet he won't last a week.
Awesome awesome work. Love the show.
"Oi! Who the f*ck ate all my yoghurt!?"
That one's great too.

yaik7a

Aug 9, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
k-ossuburb said:

A little bit of both really. We have the whole outline for the series including the ending but each episode and the story is subject to change once we get into the recording booth. A big help is that we know the back story to all the characters so we can drop hints along the way about past events that the audience will eventually discover as well.

Regardless I'm glad people are starting to get into it. I think we scared a lot of people off with the first few because the episodes we're seemingly random. Not to mention the fact that we tried to introduce about 6 characters in 5 minutes. :p

Still word of mouth is really going to get people coming back I think. Wait till you see the bomb we drop on Thursday. :)
Your doing everything right with this ! :D

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Steve is such a dick now... what a pity. He was such a good character.
I'll go with the majority and assume that's Big Worm. Big Worm + Gladys against the Gamerz while the leaders are out... THAT would be epic.

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
Am I the only one that thinks Steven is a hypocrite when his so pissed of about his friend almost(?) banging his ex and breaking one of the 'bro-rules', when he broke one far more serious when he chose that h** back in the neighbourhood instead of a guy who considered him his best friend?