Apocalypse Lane: Episode 29: The Reason Behind the *****

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
Sweet mother'o'mercy, that was awesome. Apocalypse Lane is just getting better and better!

katsa5

Aug 10, 2009
I must admit that I sadly expected that this episode would be when this show will jump the proverbial shark. In most shows, the shark is jumped when intentions are revealed. But I was wrong. Once again, Apocalypse Lane proves to be like no other. The humor continues and the intrigue remains. As always, I cheer for more.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Cavouku said:
I... they... IT!...

Fugg...

Alright, I want to play timeline:

-Mr. Franklin said that the fallout happened 13 years ago. Marty was just born, it's assumed that Cuddles was kazoo cat (and sneaky cat) before this, and got radiated, so he can talk. Father Hickey was living in Apocalypse Lane (does it have a prior name?), and was probably the only survivor (people could've escaped). Willie's origin is unclear, but apparently he isn't a native to the lane. He may have been living with Frank.

-Gladice (is it Gladice or Gladys? I could swear you've mixed it around, Jon) was transported to Earth with Big Worm to guard The Vault; Father Hickey got brain-scrambled, and now has Stinky and multiple personalities brought on by different alcoholic drinks.

*It seems that humans had the device that's in the vault prior to Cpt. Charms attaining it. This gives me reason to believe the Fallout was made by him. Though I'm not sure.

-5 years later, according to Mr. Franklin; "8 years ago" Steve "went for a walk and never came back." Cuddles wandered from whatever family he belonged to (if they weren't killed by the Fallout).

-Between 3-4 years ago, Steve met Knifefight, and he was probably a fully-formed adult with coherent thought.

-This spot isn't linear, but to showcase that at some point, Willie arrived to the neighborhood, and the Gamerz formed (not necessarily in the same time lapse)

-Steve arrived to the neighborhood, all other details are unclear.

-Steve met Cuddles. It's all cut-clear from there.

That was kinda' fun. So, Cuddles is older than Steve. He had to be at least a few months old before the blast, if not a couple years.

Do you think Gladice and Cpt. Charms caused the Fallout, or are they just scavenging a beneficial situation? And is there more purpose behind Big Pete than just a dope of a cyborg who ended up heading a gang?

So many questions answered, yes SO MANY ARRIVE!

GOD DAMNIT, I WANT SOME FLAPJACKS!

EDIT: Did the guy on the announcements of the spaceship sound suspiciously like N? Though I may just be getting paranoid...
I think you're on to something there :p
+ now you know how I fell after my own LOST theories :(

seious said:
Stevepinto3 said:
seious said:
Stevepinto3 said:
So Steve is a tumor, Gladys and Bigworm are aliens, Hickey has severe personality disorders and...Stinky. Willy is a gay zombie. Big Pete is a robot. Does this leave Mr. Franklin as the most normal person on the Lane?
what about cuddles
Cuddles is a talking cat. How is that normal?
yea but if we were talking least radated cuddles would proably win i mean come on as you said you got a walking tumor steve, hickey who has multple personalitys and stinky a talking sock puppet, willy a gay zombie the robot doesnt count and mr.franklin a pretty much normal guy who has been terrible radated actully u know what your right
Guys I really don't know what are you all arguing about. The AL characters are pretty normal for post-fallout-mass-destruction characters :p

Jon Etheridge said:
Nope. I did see that episode but this wasn't a refrence to it.

yoyo13rom said:
ColdStorage said:
Season two is on! the lane its back!

PRAISE THE ROOSTER!
Amin brother! That son of a ***** knows how to eat healthy shit.

OT: Being a flashback episode about how it all started(the damn roof not getting fixed and all because of Cuddles influence on Steve, and all) it was nostalgic and also hilarious(it included a lot of key players with great humorous lines) it really felt in the spirit of the holidays.
The new season had a booming start and the intro's great! + The whole stickers for season 2 made me giggle.

And now something personal for Jon: We know that you're ahead with the episode production, but if something were to happen to you(let's say accident, or simply you get pissed off on The Escapist and refuse to make any more AL just to fuck with us all) how many episodes are ready for showing? A full season 2, maybe some few clips from S3 also?
Oh, and btw Happy Holidays you lovable cartoonist, hope you take some time of and enjoy yourself!
Hopefully nothing will happen. We're always about 4 episodes ahead of what you guys see on the site. As of now there is no plan for season3 and the series will end at episode 48. I know that kinda sucks but it's good for us to know how long we have to tell the story and allows us to structure the entire show based on the time given.

So the bad new is that, yeah, the show is going to end. The good news is that after it's over I may be able to do another series. On top of that i'll be doing a voice for the upcoming "Game Dogs" series, as well as doing voice and writing for another cartoon that, becaue of paperwork reasons, I can't talk about yet.

The first of next should prove to be entertaining. :)
Yep, Jon, you were totally right! It did kinda blow me away at first with the plot, but it turned out to be a funny episode, too.
+ It's good you have an end date to rap all lose ends, but I am still hoping(maybe later in the year) for an AL return with a different new storyline. You could do it in 2011 as a comeback.

Anyway, let me ask you this: will "Game Dogs" and the other mystery cartoon, be featured on The Escapist or somewhere else?

OT: Darn, Stinky put some clothes on dude, you're giving me gay nightmares!
OOOO, THE PLOT THICKENS! I love it(even though I am now expecting a "Brotherhood of Steel" episode)

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
yoyo13rom said:
Cavouku said:
Yep, Jon, you were totally right! It did kinda blow me away at first with the plot, but it turned out to be a funny episode, too.
+ It's good you have an end date to rap all lose ends, but I am still hoping(maybe later in the year) for an AL return with a different new storyline. You could do it in 2011 as a comeback.

Anyway, let me ask you this: will "Game Dogs" and the other mystery cartoon, be featured on The Escapist or somewhere else?

OT: Darn, Stinky put some clothes on dude, you're giving me gay nightmares!
OOOO, THE PLOT THICKENS! I love it(even though I am now expecting a "Brotherhood of Steel" episode)

Yes, both Game Dogs and Dor... oh yeah, I can't say that yet. :)

Both Series will be featured on The Escapist. Looks like I'll be sticking around for a while.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Hah, that explained things brilliantly without actually explaining anything at all. Like Lost or Heroes :).

Still, great episode Jon, and I can't wait for next week's :D.

Netrosis

Jul 12, 2009
Apocalypse Lane is now a Post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi series now!? Awesome.

This just makes Gladys' comment about Nookie time with Steve all the more disgustingly hilarious.

swytchblayd

May 28, 2008
*belatedly*
So... Gladys IS an alien...

I so fucking called it :D

As for Big Worm... I didn't see that coming o_O

LilGherkin

Aug 15, 2008
That was another hilarious episode, I loved the intercom guy though and wanted to hear more from him.

manbearpig91

Sep 8, 2009
It seems like were going back in time for this season. The last three episodes have been going backwards chronologically. I guess we'll see all the back story we could ever want right?

sixcorners

Oct 9, 2009
Wow, plot spackle. What happened to a nuanced reveal of the plot? Feels like you just explained away a huge chunk of the questions from the past season and topped it off with a few jokes about masturbation. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

-Orgasmatron-

Nov 3, 2008
Another quality installment.

However, I thought you folks said you weren't going to reveal what Hickey's hand was? I thought it was a duck or something.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
-Orgasmatron- said:
Another quality installment.

However, I thought you folks said you weren't going to reveal what Hickey's hand was? I thought it was a duck or something.
Yeah, but in all fairness we came up with that idea after we recorded the BTS episode. :p