Apocalypse Lane: Episode 48: Fin

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
Well, it ended to the reason the series began. That's a great ending and my heart skipped beats when I saw the bones leftover from the blast. So thanks for the show and, "Your gonna carry that weight.

deadlinejon

Nov 12, 2009
AdmiralMemo said:
before I checked the status bar at the bottom showing where the movie was, I was expecting the end to be when Steve and Cuddles were sitting there drinking on the lawn. I wonder how many other people did a double-take at the status bar like I did.
exactly. thats exactly what i thought was going to happen.
but before the time machine went off, i thought the rest was going to be "cuddles ended up doing this" type of thing, where it says what all the charicters did with the rest of there lives. then i heard the "doodloop" sound.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
What to say... what to say...

Well as you may already know Jon I've been watching and enjoying every episode made, and I can say without a doubt that Apocalypse Lane is one of the best internet series I've seen (like I once said before I refereed to it for an animation module) and I thank you guys greatly for it.

While the nay sayers got you down at first, pitty for them as they missed out on a coomplex narrative, colourful characters and some down right black humor. Seriously, I would buy a DVD.

As for the ending, yes it's sad seeing the two (three?) main characters go like that but to end a comedy on a serious note that works is no easy feat, so massive kudos to you. If I wasn't so busy today I would have watched it and commented sooner!

As I've been saying in nearly every comment on each episode, for the last time in its run...

Good times.

TheBatman0808

Apr 15, 2010
One of the best cartoons i have ever seen, great ending.....wait, ENDING!!!!.
What am i going to do now!
THANKS for all the hard work, hope to see more from you soon!

illumin8

Mar 2, 2008
I loved this show, what a great end, sad to see it end but its better to leave it on a high. Would love to see a spin off that would be epic.!

Ascarona

Jan 24, 2010
This series was perfect, congrats to everyone involved in this project you guys kept me entertained every episode and that is NOT easy =P.

Novania

Feb 5, 2009
I SEE WAHT YOU DID THAR!!!!!
Making his skeleton the one he had hanging in his room.....now that's one hell of a paradox!!!

Anyway, totally awesome show; I loved it.
During the final credits I was actually choking up....I'm gonna miss this show....

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
I posted a more extensive comment on the Q/A episode, but seeing as you'll be mostly focused on this forum, I will just copy the two questions I asked in that comment and post them on this forum as well. I'd copy the whole thing, but it ran kind of long and I don't want to waste your time... it was mostly praise and observational stuff anyhow...

Did you plan on bringing Hickey back as a ghost ahead of time, or did you bring him back as a ghost for other reasons, like to fill a plot hole or public demand? I ask because though I loved how that was worked into the story, it slightly dulled the shock of a beloved character's death. The same question goes for Stinky.

Also, what animators or animations have inspired you the most?

If I think of any other questions, I'll post them. Thank you to everyone involved, you all really pulled together to make something charming and unique.

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
Just wanted to say thank you.

Apocolypse lane was a wonderful series, and im going to miss it.

All the best with Doraleous and Associates John.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
Oh, and bloody brilliant ending by the way. I would agree, a bit sad, but it tied everything together so perfectly. You guys may not have started off on the right foot, but this was a wonderful example of how a series should end. I have to say, the ending challenged me. I had to take a moment to figure out how I felt, mostly because it was sad. But, I came to the conclusion that if it had a super happy fun time ending, then it wouldn't be Apocalypse Lane, now would it? Haha!

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
I just catched up to the series after a lack of time. Just watched the final 10 episodes and I for one didn't see that ending coming. I enjoyed it thoroughly and I want to thank the team behind this (including Jon Etheridge) for giving me a bunch of excellent laughs.

Definitely a webseries to cherish. And now on to Doralingus!