Apple Fans Camp Out For iPhone That Doesn't Exist Yet

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
I don't understand how you can be this much of a diehard fan for Apple.

Don't get me wrong, they make some high quality stuff, but this business model...it's so fucking stupid.

Example- I still have my 8GB generation 2 Ipod. Fucker still works like day one. I haven't even filled up my space yet with music. I have no reason to buy a new Ipod. None at all. Especially when the new ones can cost upwards of $300.00.

The issue isn't so much of price as it is how often they release such products. I'm not going to put down another $300 just for an Ipod with more space. Yet there are people who apparently have the financial means to do such things.

The same can be said for their butt brother Adobe as well. I cannot believe that they were surprised to find out that 54% of Adobe users pirated their software.

Maybe, just maybe, it's because you charge $400-1k dollars for a software program, then the very next fucking year come out with basically the same software, with only two features even fucking worth it and slap the same brand new price tag on it when they more or less could of just make a $15.00 upgrade charge. and make it out as a big fucking deal. Who is willing to keep up with that? Not me.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Aaah, the iSheeple.

Silly jokes aside, such devotation to a brand, any brand, is quite... disturbing.
However, that just begs the question: Don't they have work to do? Who the heck can spare weeks (!!!) for a product that has yet to be made?

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
My cynical mind makes me think they are employed by Apple, to help grab a few more headlines and to imply "look how awesome our stuff is! People will live in a pavement for weeks at the merest hint of a new product!"

Subscriptism

May 5, 2012
Fucking losers, and people say gaming fanboys are pathetic. I think we have found a fandom that is only a short step behind "that which shall not be named".

Gearhead mk2

Aug 1, 2011
Dammit Apple, will you just die already so that humanity can move on? You've already lost your monopoly and Steve Jobs, why are you still around?

Terraniux

Oct 4, 2011
Now this is dedication. Or maybe it's zealotry. Either way, it seems rather unnecessary, and I could not see myself camping out that long for anything.

Magmabear

Apr 1, 2009
Okay, I understand people desperately waiting in line for a new console, mainly because the lifetime to consoles is very long (except for Nintendo handheld devices), since this kind of event doesn't happen very often, but this is Apple we're talking about. They keep releasing the same freaking phone year after year with a huge price tag.

No thank you, I'll go and spend my money somewhere else.

Mr F.

Jul 11, 2012
Desert Punk said:
Dear god these people are pathetic...

The US spends so much money on our military, we need to find a way to weaponize the stupidity that seems to be caused by Apple products.
OH GOD I JUST HAD A WONDERFUL IDEA.

Give Apple defense projects. You could pay the fanboys nearly nothing to be able to drive around in an Apple branded tank.

There, you have weaponised stupidity.

Actually, people are so fucking... ridiculous about apple, they would probably pay for the right to be deployed with their iShoot rifle and ride around in an iAPC. As long as they get sent home in an iCoffin at least.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Don't these people have jobs? How are they going to afford to pay for Apple's next over-priced phone if they spend a month camping outside a store instead of working?

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
rob_simple said:
Don't these people have jobs? How are they going to afford to pay for Apple's next over-priced phone if they spend a month camping outside a store instead of working?
That's what I was thinking. I was wondering how in the hell I would manage this if I were them, and it simply wouldn't work. And hell, not only does it not formally exist, but it is slated to be an iteration of a phone that already does. A minor bump that's probably effectively the same. I was gonna call that this was Apple building up hype by paying people to stand outside super early, but two of the dudes are from a third party buy-sell-trade and you'd have to pay me a shitload of money to essentially be homeless in front of an Apple store for a few weeks in NYC. Ah well.

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
I'm sure my Android phone will be more powerful than whatever specs the new iPhone will have. My quad-core processor and 2gb ram (probably overkill for a phone) are pretty damn awesome; the only problem with Android is that it feels like it has fewer apps.

Can't wait to hear what the gimmick of this generation of iPhone will have.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
This sort of stuff makes me facepalm hard, I'm sure these twits have jobs and other expenses to worry about too, like rent and food. The way just another same phone with a new feature or two is not worth a $500 price tag.

crazyarms33

Nov 24, 2011
This. This is why I HATE Apple products and those that use them. This has got to be some type of publicity stunt. Right? Right?

[sub]Oh God tell me I am right, I don't want to believe we have reached this level of idiocy as a species.[/sub]

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
At least they can make friends with each other.
There is no way to read this in a way that doesn't perfectly suit the cat avatar.

OT: How... how many weeks of supplies are we talking about? D:

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
That would mean those two (who aren't on assignment) have absolutely 0 going on in there life. I mean, if it wasn't for my voluntary work I would spend all my time gaming but these two are literally waiting for about a month for a fucking phone.

I felt like a tool waiting 3 hours for the first black ops at a midnight launch, doing nothing for weeks except wait is kind of disgusting to me.

It reminds me of that scumbag Steve and Stacey pic I saw, "lives on welfare but has latest iphone" cos if you can afford to camp outside a store for weeks, you can't have a job... Unless you use a few weeks holiday to wait...

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I'm sort of an Apple person myself when it comes to the technology they are related to, but this...Oh, come on, this is just stupid. This is taking Apple fanaticism to a new low.

As a side note, I've always viewed Apple products as the product you buy when you want to put a lot down on a single payment but not have to make a new one for a few years longer than you would otherwise, allowing you to spend less in the long run. It's been a few years since I last bought an Apple product, and the two (Macbook and iPod) I got a few years ago are both still running like they are brand new. To me, that's why you would ever bother to pay the extra money for a product that is often just as powerful, if not less powerful, than its competitors (well, Apple products tend to be aesthetically pleasing and easier to use, but those are sort of moot points for anyone who knows how to use their technology beyond the most basic of functions). Once you start buying a new one every year, you take away the very reason of why you would ever bother to pay extra in the first place away (assuming the person doesn't buy the product due to technological incompetency).

Of course, some stores run a "trade in phone, get X% off new one" deal, but that still is a waste of money if your old one is perfectly functional, which I'm sure at least 90% of these iPhones getting traded in are.