Archbishop Claims SCOTUS Decision Is "Poisoning" The Future

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
I'm pretty sure his institution has been poisoning humanity for a couple of thousand years.

Just ask all the people in Africa who have HIV, for example...

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
I wasn't expecting this kind of response, maybe it would be better if he'd gone with what I was thinking: I see his argument and there are things to back it up but, aside from the usual issues, if there's one group that could use a lesson in permissiveness, it's the Roman Catholic church.
Anyway though, at the risk of upsetting mods/admins/fans/whatever, The Escapist isn't so much of a journalism site as... well I'm not sure what to call it, information? editorial? entertainment?

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Ninjat_126 said:
Precisely. Still, my parents let me play Metal Gear Solid and Tekken as well and I don't think it's done me any harm. *twitches*
Yeah, it didn't harm me either. *exclamation mark appears above her head. She looks back at a cardboard box which then scoots away*

I'd really like to know how he thinks he has any moral group to speak on this issue. At all.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Great to see The Escapist playing about with intolerance, while moaning about being persecuted. What a way to stay classy.

And if you "punish" me for this post, you'll only be advocating discrimination.

As for all the "OMGzz Religion causes everything wrong in the world, like aids war and justin beiber!!!1111", I just want to point out that, like videogames, there is absolutely no way of telling how much of the wrongs caused by "religion" are actually scapegoated actions or justifications of nasty as fuck people. There are atheist war mongers, atheist haters, and atheist paedophiles. The very actions that these people take surely prove their lack of morals (for want of a better word) and their inability to perform adequately in any society, regardless of religion.

The fact that the pope preaches salvation through forgiveness seems a damn sight better to me than the mass murderous, knee jerk retaliatory action that is undertaken by most western governments. This is the same pope who openly advocated condom use for people with sexually transmitted diseases.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Somebody might want to point out that violent crime has dropped significantly since videogames and the internet appeared on the scene.

The Globalizer

May 9, 2011
Interesting. Violent games are bad, but actual violence against German Jews in the 1930s-40s was A-OK.

Fascism makes for strange bedfellows.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Hmm. Yeah. I don't think the Catholic clergy should be making any statements about the wellbeing of children for the next eight generations or so.