Are there any gamer geeks who actually are good-looking?

RMcAvoy

Jun 8, 2011
I actually met a really hot chick while playing Halo a good few years back. The things I would've done to her aren't even legal in some countries.

Whoracle

Jan 7, 2008
OK, pitching in here, since I'm told I'm not too shabby looking.

Height: 175 cm
Weight: around 60 kg
Job: Systems Administrator / Programmer

Geek cred:
Played abount 15 to 20 different Pen and Paper RPG systems in my time. Currently playing 3.
Playing video games since 1988(ish)
Major Linux geek
Major Windows geek
Major music geek

(Theoretically) non-geeky hobbies:
Playing in a semi-professional band
In- and Outdoor rock climber
Motorcyclist

So make of that what you will.

I gotta hunt around for some more pics of me. Preferably ones where I have a normal face :D

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
While I'd never say I'm particularly attractive, I'm certainly loads better looking than the video game stereotype.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Well, i might aswell go ahead and show how beatiful---ly ugly i am.
Although this pic is somewhat old, i still look like that, wich makes me wonder if im not suffering of reverse aging....not to brag or anything :v

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
Edit: Oh. This was written before you posted that she's actually changed her mind somewhat. This means I was wrong. Sorry to be so harsh.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
Well duh. Appearance does not define interests, for a start, I'm pretty sexy my self. My geeky missus is just beautiful, most of my friends are normal looking, Charlie would have me say he's sexy, many of the nerdy girls in my year are fairly attractive.

As for age, I'm 18 in a few months.

Oh and I totally rock a Trilby.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
l3o2828 said:
maninahat said:
In answer to the OP, yes, I'm a geek and most people find me good looking. Was this thread just an excuse to get free photos of attractive nerds?
Hahahahaha...No.

WELL, Apparently my sister agrees with you, and now she wants to know the Range of age of gamers who are not fat geeks.
While she is now somewhat more convinced that it's just an stereotype, she wants to know how many gamers are over 20 years, that apprently are either working or studying in collegue, what i understand from that is that she doent understand is how gamers over 20 years find time to be playing a considerable ammount of time...but i guess that material for another, dreary topic?
I'm 23. Graduated with a Masters, late last year.
And I only find time when I'm unemployed (which is commonly the case) and not around my girlfriend (also commonly the case).

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
A girl who met me for the first time told my friend that I looked like "A hot Italian."
My friend told her that I was "a gamer" and that I was not Italian, she instantly lost interest in me...
So yea I guess even if by first impressions you're "hot" then being a gamer negates it...

In my experience most girls that are properly into games are generally not particularly attractive, the ones that are attractive aren't really into games that much. I guess the amount of time you spend working on your appearance is inversely proportional to how much of a gamer you are?

Flyingchciken93

Apr 21, 2011
A ton of star developers are good looking imo anyway like hideo kojima or cliffy brezinski or some Gamers like Hutch, seananners and pewdiepie from youtube

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
l3o2828 said:
While she is now somewhat more convinced that it's just an stereotype, she wants to know how many gamers are over 20 years, that apprently are either working or studying in collegue, what i understand from that is that she doent understand is how gamers over 20 years find time to be playing a considerable ammount of time...but i guess that material for another, dreary topic?
Well I'm 19 (under 20, I am well aware), but I'm a student at university studying English and Drama. Uni takes up a lot of my time, obviously, but I still spend a fair amount of time gaming. And even when I'm out with my somewhat nerdy drama mates, we're often talking about something-game related or game-induced or
Mackheath said:
engage in nerdy debates
and what not. Hell, we play Manhunt around uni at night (although this has a lot to do with being drama students too methinks) - and that's about 15 of us, males and females. My friend and I also have this game called "Make Girls Flinch KYAAHH!" which is where you have to make a girl flinch by pretending to 'karate strike' her, whilst making some sort of ninja sounds. Additionally, we play Assassins, which is where you sneak up on someone and assassinate them. If they see you, you lose, but if you assassinate them, you gain a point. A point to what? Who cares!

This is how terribly nerdy I am, but I don't care. Like I said before I don't fit the stereotype. I'm single at the moment but I've had my fair share of girlfriends and flings and whatnot. I'm happy with how nerdy I am - it's part of what makes me me.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Break said:
Better question: why are you humouring her? She's already proven that her opinion isn't actually based on any kind of evidence or rational thought process, having ignored perfectly good examples for no real reason. At that point, it's not just a matter of being wrong; everyone's wrong about some things, it's a fact of life. But once you've started ignoring basic facts in favour of clinging to your baseless preconceptions, then you've crossed the line from being misinformed, to being an idiot. You've already made a perfectly good case. Don't feel like you've failed to argue your point just because she's being unreasonable. That's her fault, not yours.
I don't quite believe she was being unreasonable.
I do think Lisa Foiles is mostly a Model that plays games not a gamer that is pretty by default.
Besides, she wanted to know that the everyday person isn't geeky looking. That's why i wanted her to see Non-'famous' gamers out there to prove my point.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I'm well known by those around me for being a geek and while I'm certainly not the best looking guy around by any means by I'm not a pale fat glasses-wearing basement dweller:

^ I'm the guy on the right ^

Looks and hobbies have almost no relation, evidently if you play lots of sport then you're less likely to be overweight but that doesn't mean any individual person must look like one stereotype.

nbamaniac

Apr 29, 2011
NOOOOO don't compare me to that WoW geek in South Park.. :O

Now that's better..

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
I'm gonna play the celebrity card, seeing as I look pretty stereotypical aside from chubbiness.

Nathan Fillion & Stana Katic

We all know how much of a geek Nathan Fillion is, what with Firefly and Halo (of which he is a big fan), and Stana Katic is actually a major comic book buff. She attends Comic-Con but usually wears a mask because she thinks she'd be embarrased if anyone saw her on the main floor (this is coming from an unconfirmed source).

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
l3o2828 said:
Break said:
Better question: why are you humouring her? She's already proven that her opinion isn't actually based on any kind of evidence or rational thought process, having ignored perfectly good examples for no real reason. At that point, it's not just a matter of being wrong; everyone's wrong about some things, it's a fact of life. But once you've started ignoring basic facts in favour of clinging to your baseless preconceptions, then you've crossed the line from being misinformed, to being an idiot. You've already made a perfectly good case. Don't feel like you've failed to argue your point just because she's being unreasonable. That's her fault, not yours.
I don't quite believe she was being unreasonable.
I do think Lisa Foiles is mostly a Model that plays games not a gamer that is pretty by default.
Besides, she wanted to know that the everyday person isn't geeky looking. That's why i wanted her to see Non-'famous' gamers out there to prove my point.
Right. I had assumed she was just saying "well they don't count" out of obstinance. I was wrong. I apologise.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
l3o2828 said:
My sister and i have been discussing the image of the usual gamer and basically how i believe that the usual image people have of gamers that is to say the normal geek of 'wearing glasses, chubby, etc' imagery,is absolutely wrong.
I placed myself as an example, but she says i don't count.
My sister disagrees, because while it's true she hasn't seen any true dedicated gamer looking any appealing (and neither did i, yet), i believe this is just a matter of perspective...sort of.
The thing is, she wants to see normal people , the everyday John and the everyday Mary gamers because, i showed her both Lisa Foiles and Ben Yahtzee (i was actually watching last weeks zero punctuation when this discussion happened), who i think are somewhat good looking people who are related to the gaming community, but she dissed them as example because in her opinion while Lisa Foiles is pretty, she thinks she is more close the model demographic and she said some things about her body that might get me banned for even quoting, and dissed Ben as good looking (wich is odd, because i think he looks so much better than me)and she said he looked like The guy with the glasses, but less appealing.
Things weren't looking pretty well for me, so thats why i think to prove her that normal people who are dedicated gamers do look different than the stereotype, i should just go into a gaming comunity and ask for help.
So, Escapists, do you want to help, as superficial as this is?
How old are you?

Gaming has been at least somewhat mainstream since jocks started buying Playstations so they could play the annual Madden update. There are girl gamers and some of them are hot. I've been skinny my whole life, but I do wear glasses. Most everyone under 40 has at some point played, and enjoyed, a video game.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Ok,She's convinced entirely. (Thanks Jojo Deathhunter And mainhat for being 'hot')

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Dyme said:
Okay

I am neither into Koreans nor men, but this guy leaves me breathless!

Of course you don't see his face, but why would you want to? His left hand is enough to know the beauty of this person.

Apart from that, I can't really judge mens looks, so I have to go by the looks of their girlfriends.
And InControl

has Miss Oregon 2011 as girlfriend

, so I suppose he is good looking?

Apart from that, I consider myself gamer-geekish, and I look like shit!
I don't consider her good looking!