Are there any gamer geeks who actually are good-looking?

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
funguy2121 said:
l3o2828 said:
My sister and i have been discussing the image of the usual gamer and basically how i believe that the usual image people have of gamers that is to say the normal geek of 'wearing glasses, chubby, etc' imagery,is absolutely wrong.
I placed myself as an example, but she says i don't count.
My sister disagrees, because while it's true she hasn't seen any true dedicated gamer looking any appealing (and neither did i, yet), i believe this is just a matter of perspective...sort of.
The thing is, she wants to see normal people , the everyday John and the everyday Mary gamers because, i showed her both Lisa Foiles and Ben Yahtzee (i was actually watching last weeks zero punctuation when this discussion happened), who i think are somewhat good looking people who are related to the gaming community, but she dissed them as example because in her opinion while Lisa Foiles is pretty, she thinks she is more close the model demographic and she said some things about her body that might get me banned for even quoting, and dissed Ben as good looking (wich is odd, because i think he looks so much better than me)and she said he looked like The guy with the glasses, but less appealing.
Things weren't looking pretty well for me, so thats why i think to prove her that normal people who are dedicated gamers do look different than the stereotype, i should just go into a gaming comunity and ask for help.
So, Escapists, do you want to help, as superficial as this is?
How old are you?

Gaming has been at least somewhat mainstream since jocks started buying Playstations so they could play the annual Madden update. There are girl gamers and some of them are hot. I've been skinny my whole life, but I do wear glasses. Most everyone under 40 has at some point played, and enjoyed, a video game.
Well I'm 18.

But yeah, she is convinced, you can keep on discussing the subject but, yeah....

Cat of Doom

Jan 6, 2011
well...... this is a topic I have before discussed and not to try and elongate my internet dick size but.... If popular opinion of my school and collage is anything to go by, I am pretty hot, and am obviously a gamer. The worst kind to, a fantsy RPG obssesed gamer. Also, I have other beutiful freinds, both boy and girl, who are gamers.

[EDIT] see avatar for a pic

OliverTwist72

Nov 22, 2010
I would say I am pretty good looking and socially adept. Actually, I'm pretty much opposite of the gamer stereotype in that I am pretty athletic as well (play tennis, soccer, basketball, volleyball, ultimate frisbee, work out at the gym, etc...). Most people don't think I am a gamer unless it comes up in conversation.

It's funny a couple of people I met at an icafe started going to play ultimate frisbee. We got there and one guy asked my friends how they knew me cause it seemed strange that they were friends with someone like me (note my friends are not that good at ultimate haha). I'm pretty sure that was gamer stereotyping in action right there.

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Well, here I am.

/Users/suzinoble/Desktop/211580_100001503540030_4065286_n.jpg

I hope I don't severely reinforce your sisters negative stereotype.

I'm around 6 feet tall, and 180 pounds.

Dragonborne88

Oct 26, 2009
I'm the Sniper in this picture, this was last year but I've not changed much...at all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/swstiletto/4487388254/in/set-72157623637645351

I mean, I think I'm normal looking. I have glasses but I only wear them/need them for driving really. And I'm probably the geekiest guy out there.

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
Ok so my avatar isn't a flattering picture of me, but I look pretty normal as opposed to the nerdy stereotype

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008

I think I look right around average, I guess. Nothing to brag about. And I'm a geek for Pokémon, Street Fighter and RPGs mainly.

Jedisolo75

Aug 12, 2009
l3o2828 said:
My sister and i have been discussing the image of the usual gamer and basically how i believe that the usual image people have of gamers that is to say the normal geek of 'wearing glasses, chubby, etc' imagery,is absolutely wrong.
My sister disagrees, because while it's true she hasn't seen any true dedicated gamer looking any appealing (and neither did i, yet), i believe this is just a matter of perspective...sort of.
The thing is, she wants to see normal people , the everyday John and the everyday Mary gamers because, i showed her both Lisa Foiles and Ben Yahtzee (i was actually watching last weeks zero punctuation when this discussion happened), who i think are somewhat good looking people who are related to the gaming community, but she dissed them as example because in her opinion while Lisa Foiles is pretty, she thinks she is more close the model demographic and she said some things about her body that might get me banned for even quoting, and dissed Ben as good looking (wich is odd, because i think he looks so much better than me)and she said he looked like The guy with the glasses, but less appealing.
Things weren't looking pretty well for me, so thats why i think to prove her that normal people who are dedicated gamers do look different than the stereotype, i should just go into a gaming comunity and ask for help.
Winning this argument is very simple, just show her any cosplay pictures. Che cannot deny that someone willing to go to a convention dressed as Yuna is a serious gamer, but at least half of them will be hot. End of story.

Also, not putting my picture up because I look like your average chubby, glasses wearing, nerdy gamer.

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Chapper said:

I think I look right around average, I guess. Nothing to brag about. And I'm a geek for Pokémon, Street Fighter and RPGs mainly.
You look like Kevin Bacon. Which is awesome

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Jedisolo75 said:
l3o2828 said:
Winning this argument is very simple, just show her any cosplay pictures. Che cannot deny that someone willing to go to a convention dressed as Yuna is a serious gamer, but at least half of them will be hot. End of story.

Also, not putting my picture up because I look like your average chubby, glasses wearing, nerdy gamer.
Actually, i already won the argument, thanks to the help of you guys.

Duffeknol

Aug 28, 2010
Actually that would be me. I look like Jensen Ackles in a way, I'm an extremely dedicated gamer and even a Warhammer 40k nerd. Proof of good looks:

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
well I do wear glasses but I am not chubby!
first off I am not a guy and I am a gamer/nerd! I know I am not a holy shit babe magnet but

WHOOPA! looking like a hipster but without the glasses and the douchy attitude! I have lost some weight since the photo was taen but is not that far off.

gazumped

Dec 1, 2010
Nice to hear your sister changed her mind.

Also, when I find next myself single and looking for hot geeks, I'm coming back to this thread. >_>

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
l3o2828 said:
DeadlyYellow said:
Aside from cheerleading and modeling, when has personal appearance had anything to do with people's hobbies and passtimes?
I know what you mean, but she thinks all gamers look like geeks ala
http://www.plognark.com/Art/Sketches/Blogsketches/2008/keyboardcommando.jpg

So yeah...
My Facebook page is on my profile, simply link her to that and she can see some pics of me. That should end her stereotyping straight away ;). Otherwise, I am the guy in my avatar, so yeah...

Heh, seriously though, simply show her Nathan Fillion, or Zach Braff, or Felicia Day. They are all proper geeks, self-confessed or heavily a part of 'geek culture', and they're all pretty damn attractive (especially Miss Day - damn, is she fine!).

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Duffeknol said:
Actually that would be me. I look like Jensen Ackles in a way, I'm an extremely dedicated gamer and even a Warhammer 40k nerd. Proof of good looks:

She thinks you are pretty.

(But seriously people, it's not entirely necesary to keep uploading pics, although if you want to make a statement about how stereotypes are wrong to prove other people then thats awesome)

Grand_Arcana

Aug 5, 2009
I'm quite handsome, though perpetually single. I've given the first impression of being a player, and was once called a pretty boy. The only thing I lack is muscle definition, but my build makes me look muscular anyway.