Are there any gamer geeks who actually are good-looking?

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
Grand_Arcana said:
I'm quite handsome, though perpetually single. I've given the first impression of being a player, and was once called a pretty boy. The only thing I lack is muscle definition, but my build makes me look muscular anyway.
This basically sums me up, I don't know how I give off that impression though haha.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
As of recently? God yes. This workout regimen is like having a partial Christmas every single day because I get to unwrap a little bit more of my sexiness. And lord, is there a lot of sexiness.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Mallefunction said:

I wouldn't say I fit the mold, but that's just me :3
May i say you are gorgeous without sounding like a stalker?
Because you totally are, and i'm totally not ( a stalker)

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
remedyX said:
artanis_neravar said:
remedyX said:
People who call themselves "gamers" and use it to define their existence are usually not aesthetically appealing. There's usually something unsavoury about them. Whereas a "sports person" spends a lot of time getting fit and interacting with people and "intellectuals" spend a lot of time communicating with people.

Introversion doesn't make pretty people, 'gamers' have a natural disadvantage.

At the same time, what point is your sister trying to make?

edit- Can I just add what a vacuous and pointless circlejerk this thread is.
Introversion, or Extroversion have nothing to do with attractiveness at all, neither does the label we give ourselves, your post shows you as a very shallow person who is overly concerned with what people call themselves and the stereotypes connected to that.
So what, the way we identify ourselves and the group we put ourselves into has nothing to do with our outwards appearance?

Excuse me while I conceal my laughter.

Introversion certainly does have an effect on our appearance. Introversion prevents social interaction, which makes it more difficult to actively participate in conversation/social events which makes you less attractive. This is pretty obvious stuff. Just because you don't like it doesn't render it false.

What people call themselves is the way they choose to appear. Apper-ance. Wait. Wo!
How we appear affects our appearance?! WTF!?!

In all seriousness though, how can anyone actually respond to a topic about appearance without being "shallow" and looking at "stereotypes".

Please.
Not true at all, what people call themselves has nothing to do with the way they appear, some people dress to fit a certain niche, but most do not I am a gamer, a sports person, and an intellectual among other things. I am also an introvert, but it doesn't stop me from holding myself in confidence and talking to people should they approach me, and I am a very approachable person, so your analysis is based on the simplest ideas of how people act and it shows your ignorance

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
The only problem with what you are saying is that what may look good to one person, may not be attractive to another. So that could make it difficult. Anyways, I used to be the city rep for a Star Wars fanforce, and several people told me that it was interesting, because I looked nothing like a Star Wars geek, so they said. Apparently I dont look like a gamer geek, either, but to me a geek is a mental thing, and physicality has nothing to do with it. I am in pretty decent shape, have tattoos, etc. but I am still a major Star Wars, comic book, and gamer geek. /shrugs

I would imagine you could find the "stereotypical geek" look in just about any walk of life, so attaching that look with gamers seems to be pretty much off the mark, in my opinion.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Riff Moonraker said:
The only problem with what you are saying is that what may look good to one person, may not be attractive to another. So that could make it difficult. Anyways, I used to be the city rep for a Star Wars fanforce, and several people told me that it was interesting, because I looked nothing like a Star Wars geek, so they said. Apparently I dont look like a gamer geek, either, but to me a geek is a mental thing, and physicality has nothing to do with it. I am in pretty decent shape, have tattoos, etc. but I am still a major Star Wars, comic book, and gamer geek. /shrugs

I would imagine you could find the "stereotypical geek" look in just about any walk of life, so attaching that look with gamers seems to be pretty much off the mark, in my opinion.
Actually, i should probably change the title to something more like...well
what i tried to express with that title is the question if most gamers are outside the stereotype of the geek...i guess.

OliverTwist72

Nov 22, 2010
l3o2828 said:
May i say you are gorgeous without sounding like a stalker?
Because you totally are, and i'm totally not ( a stalker)
Stalker.

Get out of here Stalker!
Get out of here Stalker!
Get out of here Stalker!

:)

Deathfyre

Mar 6, 2010
maninahat said:
l3o2828 said:
maninahat said:
In answer to the OP, yes, I'm a geek and most people find me good looking. Was this thread just an excuse to get free photos of attractive nerds?
Hahahahaha...No.

WELL, Apparently my sister agrees with you, and now she wants to know the Range of age of gamers who are not fat geeks.
While she is now somewhat more convinced that it's just an stereotype, she wants to know how many gamers are over 20 years, that apprently are either working or studying in collegue, what i understand from that is that she doent understand is how gamers over 20 years find time to be playing a considerable ammount of time...but i guess that material for another, dreary topic?
I'm 23. Graduated with a Masters, late last year.
And I only find time when I'm unemployed (which is commonly the case) and not around my girlfriend (also commonly the case).

You look a lot like the Dean guy that did the face acting videos for bad video game voice acting clips

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I can look like a geek if I try but I break the stereotype by being quite tanned, tall and not chubby.

remedyX

Jun 8, 2011
Oh my, where to begin.
Not true at all, what people call themselves has nothing to do with the way they appear, some people dress to fit a certain niche, but most do not I am a gamer, a sports person, and an intellectual among other things.
First of all this sentence is almost impossible to read. You need to add more commas.

Just because people don't dress to fit a certain niche doesn't mean they aren;t dressing to reflect the appearance they want people to see. When you're at the store and you're picking a shirt, how do you decide which one to wear? A common cliche' is "it's just not me" (I don't identify with wearing this piece of garb). I'll shy away from becoming too pretentious and going Freudian about sexual drive and so forth. However you can't just say "I'm right". Offer an argument with it, that's all I ask.

You offer yourself as evidence. The epitome of anecdotal evidence. You couldn't get a more biased case study if you tried.

So you're a self professed intellectual and a sporty person! :O
So then, from an objective point of view (based on this info) I'd conclude that you're not a 'gamer'. Because being a gamer involves a whole load of social conventions and implicit meaning beyond 'playing games'. If you're honestly thinking that I'm calling everyone whos played a game introverted, or ugly or whatever then I'd say you're deliberately misinterpreting me to flex your 'intellectual' muscles.
I am also an introvert, but it doesn't stop me from holding myself in confidence and talking to people should they approach me, and I am a very approachable person, so your analysis is based on the simplest ideas of how people act and it shows your ignorance
So you're not an introvert then.
http://www.google.com.au/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=define:introvert&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=612d70e118dcfff0&biw=996&bih=523
in·tro·vert/ˈintrəˌvərt/Noun
1. A shy, reticent, and typically self-centered person.

Your rebuttle is based off gaps in logic and misrepresentation.

I'll be surprised if you respond to me in full. I am right by definition here.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Knusper said:
I can look like a geek if I try but I break the stereotype by being quite tanned, tall and not chubby.
Lucky you , i'm so pale i can't get tanned. :v

bruunwald

Feb 26, 2010
I think it's ridiculous that we're back to this. These topics come up all the time. Are there any good-looking gamers? How rare are girl gamers? Are all gamers fat? Blah. Blah. Blah.

Here's the world in a nutshell:

There are SEVEN BILLION people on earth. Millions and millions of them are "gamers" of some sort. Countless numbers of them are bound to be gorgeous just from the odds.

Now, "gorgeous" is subjective, but even across a baseline that we all can agree is "hot," yes, there are millions of hot gamers out there, and the question is really moot. Your sister has her head up a dark brown place that likely does not smell nice. That perspective makes it hard to see well. However, if she just extracts herself and breathes in the sweet air of logic and reason, she will see she needn't even ask.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
l3o2828 said:
Riff Moonraker said:

Actually, i should probably change the title to something more like...well
what i tried to express with that title is the question if most gamers are outside the stereotype of the geek...i guess.
Hey, you brought up a valid subject, thats talked about often. Or rather, a stigma that seems to be attached to us gamers, so its all good. :)

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
bruunwald said:
I think it's ridiculous that we're back to this. These topics come up all the time. Are there any good-looking gamers? How rare are girl gamers? Are all gamers fat? Blah. Blah. Blah.

Here's the world in a nutshell:

There are SEVEN BILLION people on earth. Millions and millions of them are "gamers" of some sort. Countless numbers of them are bound to be gorgeous just from the odds.

Now, "gorgeous" is subjective, but even across a baseline that we all can agree is "hot," yes, there are millions of hot gamers out there, and the question is really moot. Your sister has her head up a dark brown place that likely does not smell nice. That perspective makes it hard to see well. However, if she just extracts herself and breathes in the sweet air of logic and reason, she will see she needn't even ask.
Well Well Well...

Atheist.

Overmind
Sep 12, 2008
Well my picture is my avatar, but for further proof just go to my Facebook page linked in my profile. I personally prefer to be called a nerd, rather than a geek, though. I get out a lot, but that is primarily because I'm a bartender and my patrons always ask to party with me.