Are You A Fanboy?

massau

Apr 25, 2009
yes for very good games or games that have there own history like Fallout and a game like overlord because these are good games

Mockingjay

Mar 3, 2009
I am female, so no... Then there's the fact that I'm too old for mindlessly following something.

z121231211

Jun 24, 2008
I consider myself a Playstation fanboy(if only because of the PS2), but I'm really more of a Xbox/Mac hater.

I believe that the PS2 is the best console ever so I'm probably a PS2 fanboy.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I'm a Star Wars fanatic, seriously, but I'd hesitate to use the word fanboy to describe myself.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I'm only a fanboy with regards to Garth Nix. As for everything else: I'm a reviewer.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I'm a Halo fanboy, and although I'm by no means a fanboy of Twilight I am generally defensive of it, simply because I hate the 'haters' that always pop up whenever something becomes popular. It's not cool to hate something, people, okay? Get over it.

Anyway, before I end up derailing the thread all by myself, as i say, I'm a Halo fanboy. However, I'm not a fanboy in the bad sense. More that I'm simply a huge fan of it. If someone has a differing opinion then that's fine, provied it's an informed one. For example, someone says Halo is bad. That's fine, if they've played the games and have that opinion from their experience. If they say it because someone else doesn't like it, then that's a bad thing. It's the haters, and the fanboys who hate any criticism against the subject of their fanboyism, that really grind on my nerves.

Oh, and I'm sort of becoming a Valve fanboy now too...

ender_dio

May 14, 2009
Playstation Fanboy here.

Not sony, per se, I think the DS is better than the PSP, but I definitely view the PS3 as the superior console.

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
I'm kind of PS3-bias, and if I don't watch out, it'll probably grow to full blown fanboyism! *gasp*

Orbot_Vectorman

Cleaning trash since 1990
May 11, 2009
Well, to say it, yes, I'm a Play Station fanboy... and I'm also a big fan of World of Warcraft... FOR THE ALLIANCE!

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I used to think I was fairly objective about gaming, but E3 has shown me otherwise. When Metroid: Another M was announced, I flipped my lid. Ditto for Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii.

At the end of the day, I was ready to take back everything bad I'd ever said about Nintendo. I guess that makes me a fanboy after all.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Amarok said:
-Seraph- said:
Amarok said:
-Seraph- said:
I can openly admit to being an enthusiastic fan (fanboy if you must). Although I consider myself the more moderate controlled fanboy that will only argue in defense of my passions if someone else is simply speaking lies, misinformation and is just blatantly ignorant. So yea, I'm a "polite" fanboy that lets out my inner rage at the unwise.

As for what I am a fanboy of? JRPG's, PC's, PSP (and a bit of Sony overall), Anything Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, and some other stuff I can't be bothered to remember.
JRPGs suck, PCs suck, PSPs suck, Sony sucks, Stargate sucks, Battlestar sucks, and everything else you like sucks.

...Now to sit back and see what happens :D
*slowly creeps up behind him with a knife in hand*

Now see here good sir, surly you must be joking, I would hate it if something bad were to happen to you.
The Analogue stick on the PSP hurts my thumb, What are you going to do about it!!!!
Take it back, take it back. Stargate is amazing ;-;

Complete stargate and star wars fanboy

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
No. I hate game fanboys, I hate sport fanboys, I hate movie fanboys (or fangirls, Twilight anyone?), I hate console fanboys. I hate it all. It makes no sense, it's not neccesary, it's small minded. I can be happy about things, but that doesn't mean I hate the other party or defend it to oblivion.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
To be honest, Im an Escapist fanboy, one of my friends bashed the site, I spent a hour rant defending it.... Do I need help?

Kif

Jun 2, 2009
You know the Fallout fanboys you read about, well... I'm the worst kind. :p

Not really, but I was one of the types who would inhabbit the Bethesda forums asking lots of questions, wanting lots of answers pre-Fallout 3. Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 hold a treasured place in my gaming history.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Only over a very few things (and those are usually Type-Moon related).

And usually only as a reaction. I've defended things I only mildly enjoyed (or didn't have a strong opinion over) simply because the people bashing them pissed me off so much. Case in point: the Alliance in WoW.

UltimatheChosen said:
I'm a fanboy of Tales of Symphonia. If you look through my post history, I bring it up any time people ask what a good game is (and I often mention it in discussions of other games).
Amen, brother (or sister).

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
NeutralDrow said:
UltimatheChosen said:
I'm a fanboy of Tales of Symphonia. If you look through my post history, I bring it up any time people ask what a good game is (and I often mention it in discussions of other games).
Amen, brother (or sister).
It's brother, my kindred spirit.