Are You A Fanboy?

Lord_Jaroh

Ad-Free Finally!
Apr 24, 2007
I'm a FROM fanboy, a NIS fanboy, a PS fanboy, a Conan fanboy, an EVE fanboy (sort of), a...damn. I like too many things, far too much.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Well I used to be a fanboy for Nintendo but thats fading slowly. However, still love all the old Nintendo games and consoles, especially SSBM.

hondommond

Aug 19, 2008
Final Fantasy, World of Warcraft, Certain bands, Chronos Cross, Loveless Manga, and well many more

Yes I think its safe to say im a Fanboy....

UltimatheChosen

Mar 6, 2009
I'm a fanboy of Tales of Symphonia. If you look through my post history, I bring it up any time people ask what a good game is (and I often mention it in discussions of other games).

Fallingwater

Mar 20, 2009
I hate all consoles with the burning intensity of a thousand desert suns. I'm not sure if that's enough to make me a PC fanboy, though.

NewGeekPhilosopher

Feb 25, 2009
I am an Osamu Tezuka fanboy, but even though he is regarded as the God of Manga I do not worship him as a deity that I would give religious affiliation to.

I own a DS and 26 legal games for it, but I am not ready to buy a DSi because I can't afford one right now.

I have a PS3 but I only have it because I won it in a Sydney Morning Herald blogging competition, and not because I paid for it, so I don't feel like I have to justify owning it because I won it in a blogging competition, not because I paid for it with money.

I have a PC but it is old and can only run classic games like Fallout 1 and 2 and Doom and The Sims 2 (without expansions) without crashing. Ok, maybe not crashing, but lagging a whole lot.

Aug 26, 2008
"LOL OMG PS3 IS SO MUCH BETTA THAN 360, DU U EVN NO WHY THEY CALL IT A 360? CUZ WHEN U C IT U TURN 360 DIGREES AND WLK AWAY ! :D LOLOLOL"

I am definitely not a fanboy...the tossers..

sonicspin

Nov 13, 2008
Goldeneye103X2 said:
I used to be a sonic fanboy, but then realised that sonic was only good in the 90's(sonic&knucles FTW!).
When you a Sonic fanboy, you part of the crew 4 life son! Through the ups, the downs.., the loop-de-loops... cause that's how it is when ya's roll with the hedgehog!

tenlong

Apr 26, 2009
NewGeekPhilosopher" post="9.112908.2099941 said:
I am an Osamu Tezuka fanboy, but even though he is regarded as the God of Manga I do not worship him as a deity that I would give religious affiliation to.

osamu tezuka deserved all the praise and honor . he is very good at characterizations. you really care for the characters. it is not always a good ending. i seen the 1980 version of astro boy on dvd. i like" this is a kid show." 2 or 3 episodes in iwas like."this is the shit."he didn't need over the top fighting and hot chicks to tell a story.

tenlong

Apr 26, 2009
i am a big fan of a lot of things but i am not a fanboy. i have faults with my favorite things. fanboys can find no wrong with their favorite things. i love video games,but i could care less what system it is on . to me having many systems is avid gamer's wet dream. i go a ps3 for blue ray and some games. i wanted a boat load of rpgs so i got a 360. i got the wii for rail shooters and mad world. they all serve my gaming needs in different ways.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Nah. I will sometimes try to defend a game if I like it enough but mostly I realise people have different tastes and remind myself that its a waste of energy - and just gets you annoyed - trying to argue with people all the time. Besides I think I have never liked a game enough to enter the 'worship mode' that fanboys get themselves into. Playing my favourite games a lot may mean I appreciate them, but it also means I discover their flaws.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Not really. I mean, I have series that I like and such, but not to the degree where i angrily attempt to change the opinions of people who don't like it. I'm not buying halo wars, even though I loved halo 1-3. And if im playing a game that's part of a series i generally enjoy and I don't like it then i won't pretend to (like in the case of GTA4).

Aiden Rebirth

Nov 19, 2008
I dislike the term fanboy. I believe it generally applies trolls on internet forum. how ever i do believe in fanboyism in the aspect of higher interest, say going to conventions and such. I just hate the war aspect of fanboyism.