are you one of the users that does this?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
FalloutJack said:
canadamus_prime said:
I'd be lieing if I said I'd never done that, I don't do it very often though. As for the logic of it, well there is none really; it's just plain irrational behavior.
No, your game-plan is the opposite. "I'm going to stick my nose in very VERY far whether it irritates others and/or derails the thread or not." And don't tell me it ain't true. I've been watching.

OT: As for me, if I don't want any part in it, I actually don't. I've got an apathy for that.

*Rimshot!*
I only "stick my nose in" if the thread is about something I feel strongly enough about. Strongly enough that I feel it's worth putting up with the inevitable backlash. There are times where I try to amuse with the occasional witty remark, but derailing a thread is never my intention. Your interpretation of my "plan" couldn't be farther from the mark if it was on the moon.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
-Hoo boy-
You must feel strongly about alot of things. Let's take the 'beautiful character' thread over in Gaming, hmm? Okay, so as far as I could tell, you were having a back-and-forth argument about pictures and stuff that is generally a mod's concern, like low content. Going in and harping on about that made a public eyesore and couldn't have derailed it farther if Galaxy Express 999 took off for outer space...and hit the MOON.

(Ironic Echo: Check.)

Look... See a problem, disapprove, FINE. Fling the thread across the stratosphere, NO! At that point, just make a report or something. I'm asking you, since it's relevant to THIS thread, to tone it down, 'cause what you do gets overzealous about things, sometimes things in the realm of "Nobody cares, so what's the big deal?". Doesn't matter if it's your plan or an accident. CHILL!

God'sFist

May 8, 2012
I will let people know if they do a topic that has been done like a million times. but other than that I don't think I have ever said that a particular thread was stupid. I mean I would find mine stupid in return.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
FalloutJack said:
canadamus_prime said:
-Hoo boy-
You must feel strongly about alot of things. Let's take the 'beautiful character' thread over in Gaming, hmm? Okay, so as far as I could tell, you were having a back-and-forth argument about pictures and stuff that is generally a mod's concern, like low content. Going in and harping on about that made a public eyesore and couldn't have derailed it farther if Galaxy Express 999 took off for outer space...and hit the MOON.

(Ironic Echo: Check.)

Look... See a problem, disapprove, FINE. Fling the thread across the stratosphere, NO! At that point, just make a report or something. I'm asking you, since it's relevant to THIS thread, to tone it down, 'cause what you do gets overzealous about things, sometimes things in the realm of "Nobody cares, so what's the big deal?". Doesn't matter if it's your plan or an accident. CHILL!
Oh you're talking about that thing with the guy who was complaining because he couldn't just post an image and leave it at that. Initially all I was trying to do was inform him that he was wasting his time and that the rules existed for a reason. I was just trying to help.

As for the overzealous thing, yeah guilty as charged. I can't deny that one. However it is never my intention to "fling a thread across the stratosphere."
Besides, you can hardly base you're entire assessment of my forum behavior on one incident.
Now if there's nothing else, I suggest we stop derailing this thread.

Mazar_Nomoid

Jun 30, 2010
Me? No never as you can see from my post count. I don't really post on the forums. I just look through the threads and keep my opinions to myself, usually.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Jack Rascal said:
My ovaries have not exploded!
...yet...

Jack Rascal said:
Years of evolution has made our ovaries to withstand letters, sentences and even grammar. And we shall, one day, be able to write as well! There's nothing you can do to stop us! This is only the beginning, you shall fear our ovaries in time.
Good god, the world is doomed. Imagine the next Olympics; events like full-contact hugging, syncronised shoe appreciation or fastest make-up application. We won't even be able to tell the competing nations apart because every flag will be pink, feature a pony and be coated in glitter. There will be no winners and no medals, except the ones that everyone get for taking part that say "YOU'RE A WINNER BECAUSE YOU'RE YOU!" and afterwards everyone gets chocolate cake.

Jack Rascal said:
Joking aside, Jack is indeed a man's name, regardless of some batshit crazy spacewoman. But I wouldn't assume your name is Mr. Sonic Waffle. At least, I hope it isn't. If it is, I think your parents took some weird shit in the 80's.
It's pronounced Sonny Quaffle. JK Rowling stole that word from my family, because of our long association with the underground cockfighting league which actually served as the inspiration for Quidditch.

Jack Rascal said:
But dear god, your post made me laugh :D
Hurrah! My existence is validated! You have no idea how happy this makes me; if I'm funny, I may be allowed to live under the coming women's regime, for entertainment purposes. No bullet in the back of the head for this guy!

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Boudica said:
SonicWaffle said:
Boudica said:
SonicWaffle said:
Phasmal said:
Daystar Clarion said:
There's a direct correlation between post count size and the length of one's penis. (inb4 Hazy saying inverse in length :D)
Awww.. but I don't want a penis!
Whyever not? They're pretty cool, you can piss just about anywhere you like!
I don't have a penis and I bet I've peed in weirder places than you! I don't know why, but I'm very proud of that :D
That is

A) a pretty weird thing to be proud of, and
B) A CHALLENGE!

Do your worst!
A friend's water bottle during a long road trip.

Check!
I see your water bottle, and I counter with 'down an alleyway completely unaware that I was being watched by two policemen'

Most expensive piss I've ever taken, I ended up getting an £80 fine!

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
There's a direct correlation between post count size and the length of one's penis. (inb4 Hazy saying inverse in length :D)

When the eleventy billionth repeat thread appears, I sometimes just need to voice how pointless it is to make a thread that's been done the previously mentioned eleventy of the billionth time.

There's only so many opinions on a subject before it's just going around in circles, that's why flavour of the month threads are annoying.

Could I avoid them? Yeah, I suppose, but how am I supposed to whine about them if I'm not there :D
Mr. Clarion or Miss Clarion, why are you always so correct?

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Eclpsedragon said:
Oh goodness, I JUST found this thread you mentioned (I thought you were talking about the thread Fappy made a few days ago about which Escapist you would meet IRL) I wasn't even aware there was a thread about listing as many Escapist as you can.

....I got mentioned.
...I hate you

It appears I shall die alone and unmourned, and be buried in a pauper's grave.

Eclpsedragon said:
Only a few times though. These people are now completely awesome in my book, you know who you are. You're awesome.
Conversely, I swear blood vengeance on those very same people for mentioning you and not me. A plague! A plague on all of their houses!

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Boudica said:
SonicWaffle said:
Boudica said:
SonicWaffle said:
Boudica said:
SonicWaffle said:
Phasmal said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Awww.. but I don't want a penis!
Whyever not? They're pretty cool, you can piss just about anywhere you like!
I don't have a penis and I bet I've peed in weirder places than you! I don't know why, but I'm very proud of that :D
That is

A) a pretty weird thing to be proud of, and
B) A CHALLENGE!

Do your worst!
A friend's water bottle during a long road trip.

Check!
I see your water bottle, and I counter with 'down an alleyway completely unaware that I was being watched by two policemen'

Most expensive piss I've ever taken, I ended up getting an £80 fine!
Mine required more skill! I claim victory >:D
Skill? Pfft, all you had to do was sit there. It takes far more skill to keep the prying eyes of policemen away from your wang!

On a side note, have you noticed that we seemed to have gotten into a quite literal pissing contest? :p

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
You could argue that posts like that could be mod punishable or worthy of a warning. It is a pain in the ass. However if it is another "Am I the only person who doesn't like Valve?" thread then it deserves a bit of a slamming. Threads like that are just asking for trouble from this community.

Jack Rascal

May 16, 2011
SonicWaffle said:
Jack Rascal said:
Years of evolution has made our ovaries to withstand letters, sentences and even grammar. And we shall, one day, be able to write as well! There's nothing you can do to stop us! This is only the beginning, you shall fear our ovaries in time.
Good god, the world is doomed. Imagine the next Olympics; events like full-contact hugging, syncronised shoe appreciation or fastest make-up application. We won't even be able to tell the competing nations apart because every flag will be pink, feature a pony and be coated in glitter. There will be no winners and no medals, except the ones that everyone get for taking part that say "YOU'RE A WINNER BECAUSE YOU'RE YOU!" and afterwards everyone gets chocolate cake.
Oh it's going to be awesome. Don't forget the Triathlon, were contestants prepare for dates; first stage being choosing your outfit, second to apply make-up and the last to do your hair. The average time is three hours, one for each stage. Though time is not a factor and contestants are scored by how fabulous they look, not how fast they prepared.

Ms. Pat Hiscock was the fastest, but got points taken because she forgot to groom her eyebrows.

Men can compete here too, but their test is patience. How long they can wait before they start begging god for mercy, or death.

SonicWaffle said:
Jack Rascal said:
But dear god, your post made me laugh :D
Hurrah! My existence is validated! You have no idea how happy this makes me; if I'm funny, I may be allowed to live under the coming women's regime, for entertainment purposes. No bullet in the back of the head for this guy!
Yes. We shall keep you as our fool. There can never be enough fools in the world.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Jack Rascal said:
Oh it's going to be awesome. Don't forget the Triathlon, were contestants prepare for dates; first stage being choosing your outfit, second to apply make-up and the last to do your hair. The average time is three hours, one for each stage. Though time is not a factor and contestants are scored by how fabulous they look, not how fast they prepared.
Are they scored by a panel, or by the person they're going on a date with? I can imagine some serious variance in scores when it comes to, say, how much boob they're showing. The women of the panel may find them slutty and mark them down for it, but the prospective date could count that as a positive factor. It's a potential minefield.

Jack Rascal said:
Ms. Pat Hiscock was the fastest, but got points taken because she forgot to groom her eyebrows.

Thankyou. That image is now seared into my soul, and never again will I have to wonder what a clown looks like if you slip them the shocker.

Jack Rascal said:
Men can compete here too, but their test is patience. How long they can wait before they start begging god for mercy, or death.
I think in this case, mercy and death are the same thing.

Jack Rascal said:
Yes. We shall keep you as our fool. There can never be enough fools in the world.
I shall wear a hat with bells on it, and I shall caper. Oh, how I shall caper! I may even frolic, if it's your birthday. Just my special little treat.

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
You're right. This thread has been done a million times before. It's stupid and I want no part of it.

OT: No. I don't do this. I suspect that anyone who does just wants to increase their post count.

Jack Rascal

May 16, 2011
SonicWaffle said:
Jack Rascal said:
Are they scored by a panel, or by the person they're going on a date with? I can imagine some serious variance in scores when it comes to, say, how much boob they're showing. The women of the panel may find them slutty and mark them down for it, but the prospective date could count that as a positive factor. It's a potential minefield.
A panel of course. Why would men have any say in Pinkolympics? No, the panel is made of 10 women who have never smiled or touched a man.

Here's the head of the panel (she may or may not have consumed a cake before the photo shoot).

Showing skin is not forbidden, or frowned upon, but there's a fine line between appropriate and slutty. The contest is preparing for a first date and we all know that the purpose of that is to leave the man frustrated, broke and baffled by the opposite sex. If you don't show enough skin, he may conclude that you're not going to give; show too much and he will rush through the dinner and you're not getting dessert. A fine line.

SonicWaffle said:
Jack Rascal said:

Thankyou. That image is now seared into my soul, and never again will I have to wonder what a clown looks like if you slip them the shocker.
Well, you're going to be our fool. This might amuse us, so you're well prepared when we require your services.

SonicWaffle said:
Jack Rascal said:
I think in this case, mercy and death are the same thing.
To you maybe, but we won't be that kind. Begging for mercy means (to us) that your mind is about to snap. We can give you mercy and you will be so happy that you'll even pay our cab home from the date. If we'd grant death, who would pay our dinner?

SonicWaffle said:
Jack Rascal said:
I shall wear a hat with bells on it, and I shall caper. Oh, how I shall caper! I may even frolic, if it's your birthday. Just my special little treat.
Can't wait for my birthday now. Our little fool frolicking, with a bell. That just make me smile.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
Doclector said:
Sometimes out of pure rabid rage. Repeat threads are tiresome, but not infuriating. However, when somebody has posted a thread that's just stupid, I feel the same urge whenever somebody's stupid in real life.

I really, really, want to lunge for the throat and rip out their vocal cords.

Sadly, I can't do that to someone on the internet, despite what angry twelve year olds will tell you about "finding your house", and I'm still left in a state of pure rage, so I settle for...yelling at them.

Yeah...just don't try to make sense of it. It'll hurt.
Basically this. People post that because it's cathartic. Calling someone out on their dumbassery is kind of fun, especially if you have less to do at the time than usual.