Are you single or not ?

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
Single. For like ten years or so. Not sure I really want the whole relationship thing, though I wouldn't mind a tumble in the rough every now and then. :/

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
Single and it's really getting depressing now. I'm not so naive to think that a girlfriend would be a panacea for my problems but it would make things a lot sweeter. I'm not perfect but I like to think I'm a good man.

Any ladies in the Chesterfield (UK) area single? Bonus points for petite redheads who will indulge and support my attempts to cook actual food.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Single. There's a girl I see about once a year due to the fact that she lives half way across the world. I would call her up to tell her that I'm in her area, and if we're both single (that was always the case so far) we would spend couple of days together and do things like sight-seeing, rent out a hotel room at a resort, etc.

She occupies my head throughout 10 - 15 minutes of my day.

Terria Mountain

Jul 7, 2014
26, male and f-all. Pretty embarrassing and discouraging place to be in. My realistic expectations are that I?ll either continue alone until death; or meet that type of woman in my 30?s interested in a steady pay check (providing it?s high enough, of course); possibly to support her children as well. If the latter happens, and I?ve still got no past relationships or anything; I?ll probably play along before getting caught up, and leave once she starts pushing for a stronger ?commitment? (I?m not interested in being taken for a mug).

I haven?t totally given up meeting a partner I could have a good relationship with, and I still go out to places with a decent number of women a few or more times per week (mostly a sport club & activity classes); but so far it?s either been near impossible to find opportunities to break the ice; or on the odd occasion when I have got talking to a woman, they?ve generally come across pretty indifferent. So I may very well be wasting my time.

Other opportunities so far: 1 girl when I was 17, who was probably on the rebound from another friend at the time she seemed to take interest in me. Her interest also seemed to grow when she (believed) my family was wealthier than we really were. Maybe I?m being cynical, but it just struck me at the time. Other than that: two or three over the past several years, who were typically also just out of LTR (nothing came of them. Usually they?d go back to the ex-b/f within a week or two of me getting to know them). Usually the type that are impossible to get to do anything beyond sit on the sofa or go to the pub (that drives me nuts). I don?t think I?m great, but I do make an effort in my life, and generally make most of my opportunities for myself. So I don?t really want to be with someone who?s just going to make excuses to never do anything all the time.

Despite what someone reading might assume from this post; I?m actually pretty cheery, friendly and social in person (kind of a learned skill too). It means I get on well enough with most people, it just never leads much further and acquaintanceship. That and today I?m especially grumpy! (Work probably couldn?t guess though!).

As for areas within my control: I?m weighing up the whole flying to Amsterdam and hiring a hooker before I?m 30 thing. I?d like to at least experience sex before I?m properly into middle age; and that looks the most probable option. It?s fucking depressing, and I doubt I?ll get more out of it than literally learning the sensation, but it looks like a reality for me. And my father?s surprised I harbour some resentment towards him for passing on his defective fucking genome! (He is smart enough to have predicted a lot of this). Denial, huh?

So that?s dating so far for me! Lol! Anyone dealing with a similar life experience I?ve got one major piece of social advice: For Christ sakes, don?t ever show it to anyone non-anonymously! It?ll just bring you undue extra hassle & grief.

Tl;dr: 26, m, single. Have been for life. Unlikely prospect of change. Hooker conundrum.

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
Gonna add another harmony to the "single" chorus. Not for lack of trying, believe me, but my overly stoic demeanor means nothing short of a peacock mating dance will make the girl realise that I am actually interested. Of course, hauling around this huge colourful peacock fan everywhere might be hurting my chances.

Ah well, every rejection fuels the motivation to better myself so I'll reach someone's standards. Eventually...

Also, I was told that learning guitar would be a girl magnet but apparently that works more for "solo douchebag with an acoustic" than "Steve Vai and Hendrix" :(
Choose your perks carefully when you level up kids

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
33 and have been single for the past....6 years. Ish.

Dodged marriage twice and have pretty much given up on relationships. So, I'll probably remain single for the rest of my life (easier on the heart and wallet that way, imo) but, at the very least, when I die, I won't be going to the afterlife marked "returned unused".

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Single. Had a couple of girlfriends, nothing lasted longer than 3 months. Talking to my ex quite a lot at the moment though, might be going somewhere. But the fact that I now live 100 miles away it makes it a little difficult.

But I'm not really upset about being single, it's never been something that's bothered me. I work well by myself, and my introversion makes me a bit difficult sometimes about meeting and actually talking about things.

TheDarklite

Nov 26, 2010
Yep, totally freaking single!

Last relationship I had was in 2009, but we were both young and things went down the drain.
I've had a few crushes since then, but nothing overly serious. Kind of want a partner, but I am also quite content how I am at the moment too! Gah! I don't know!

I guess one of the issues I have is finding like-minded individuals. Naturally, being on here I am a gamer. I don't spend ridiculously crazy amounts of time playing, and in fact am currently spending a good bit of time fiddling with UE4 trying to make something to my own design... But I do like to play me some Action-RPG's and RTS's and so on.... And do you think I can find anyone that likes the same things I do? Nope!! :/

Ah well, 22 and probably forever alone, but alas - What can you do? I guess my silly moustache probably scares them all off!

... Damn you Western Australia, where you hide all the nice lady-folk at!!?!

Clearwaters

Jul 14, 2014
Single. I guess a "lonely only" type of person since I find social interaction to be very draining. I might also have some trust issues, but I don't want to get into that. I'm sure I'll probably never find a significant other since I hardly even keep up with my friends and just let all my social connections fade away.

Terria Mountain

Jul 7, 2014
Baffle said:
Terria Mountain said:
before I?m 30 thing.... before I?m properly into middle age
30 isn't middle aged! Is it? :(

You've brought me down, man.
Haha! Sorry man! I guess 40 is middle aged more literally speaking...Can you still bend down without grunting. Fact is. I'm too old, to be in this situation was more the point I'm driving at. 30+ isn't really anything close to 'young' anymore.

Terria Mountain

Jul 7, 2014
Golan Trevize said:
Terria Mountain said:
As for areas within my control: I?m weighing up the whole flying to Amsterdam and hiring a hooker before I?m 30 thing. I?d like to at least experience sex before I?m properly into middle age; and that looks the most probable option. It?s fucking depressing, and I doubt I?ll get more out of it than literally learning the sensation, but it looks like a reality for me. And my father?s surprised I harbour some resentment towards him for passing on his defective fucking genome! (He is smart enough to have predicted a lot of this). Denial, huh?
Stop wasting your time and do it already. And no, it's not depressing, your first time will be with a woman who looks gorgeous and knows what she is doing.
Is that what you did? How'd you rate it?

More depressing and humiliating when it's basically the best you can do. And totally impersonal. There we go. Maybe I'm too fucking Disney about dating and sex or something :p I'm pretty sure I will wait til a bit before 30, because it's a last resort to find something out, not something I really want. At this age, what's another 2.5 year wait?

Anja Bech

Mar 20, 2013
Taken. Or I guess you'd say taken, but available since I'm in a poly relationship with a married man. (Yes, with his wife's consent and all that jazz. It's a secondary relationship, not a little hush-hush something on the side.) So far it's been some of the best 10 months of my life, even if it's sometimes a little draining not always being at the tippy-top of your partner's priority list, but you take the good with the bad. We weren't even really supposed to start dating. At first it was just gonna be some kinky fuckery, but then we did the stupid thing and fell pretty hard for each other. No regrets though, I love that married idiot. <3

DisasterSoiree

Jan 19, 2012
I've 25 and have been in far, far too many pointless relationships with some of the most superficial bangtails ever to darken the Earth.

I've learned to appreciate prostitutes. I began seeing one in the middle of one of my last relationships; I feel no guilt at all - she tried to hook back up with her ex-boyfriend like two days after we began seeing each other, and hit on my friends to an embarrassing degree in front of me, eventually leaving me for one particularly gruesome specimen. I went into the hospital towards the end of our relationship and I'm pretty sure the Goddamn banshee balled him in my house.

The girl after was worse; from hooking back up with her ex (though, to be fair, I was the one who wrecked that relationship in the first) to getting me in trouble with the law - as a result of a victimless crime - she seemed to find no little pleasure in making my life as miserable as possible.

So I have taken to enjoying the company of women who are honest about their motivations.

For all of you single men, I guarantee you that you'll find more happiness in the pure monetary exchange of prostitution than in the vampiric give-and-take of a relationship. The greatest thing about seeing one is that your relationship doesn't have to be merely focused on instant gratification: you can focus on pleasuring her, if that's your wish, and even if it doesn't work she'll sure as shit make you think it did. I don't have to indulge her taste for cowboy yodeling or anime or ritual bloodletting if I opt not to. I don't have to buy her roses.

As for myself, now that I have a regular income, I want only to have business associates for 'significant others' for the rest of my life. I find that not only are they more rewarding than a girlfriend, but they inspire me artistically. And I'm not the only man to find that a whore can serve as his muse - from Walter Sicket to Toulouse-Lautrec, prostitutes have inspired some of our greatest works of art. I think their mystique relates back to the days of the hieros gamos and of divine love.

"When a girl hints that I should date her, I release the safety on my Browning!"

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Not The Bees said:
Married for a little over a year. It's a weird sort of thing, because while I love my husband, we're also having some issues right now. Not enough to warrant any sort of break up, but enough to irritate me a lot. Mostly because he pretends there is nothing wrong at all, and I'm left to deal with all the troubles on my own.

Granted, no one probably wants to hear about this, but I figured, why not. He's a wonderful guy, and I wonder if it's because he's a scientist (neutron physics), and he just gets wrapped up in his work so he doesn't really pay any attention to anything outside of that, including myself and our marriage quite a bit.

As it is, I'm a stubborn son of a *****, so I'll keep working at it, so no plans to suddenly be single. Besides, we just moved to the UK, which is probably making it harder on me since I don't know anyone here and have no outside friends to just hang out with when I get frustrated with my husband. So maybe I'll eventually make some friends around here and that'll make it easier.
I'd say "hey, lets be friends!!!", but your profile says you're in Sheffield, and I'm in London. Long distance friendships are wack yo.

OT: Married with minions. Not been single for long post-16, maybe an accumulated couple of months over the last decade or so. I'm a dirty flirt, and it's worked out for me.