Are you....?

Karousawai

Nov 17, 2009
I could go either way. Useless but hey.

I started my new uni placement today, which went really well, but last night the girl who made me mess up my last placement called me at 2am after a near 2 month break in communications. Normally I'd pick up because apparently I'm completely masochistic, but I didn't. I love talking to her and I desperately want to call her, but shes not good for me at all. So I didn't.

Fuck I miss her. Working with her was not productive but hell it was fun.

Savo

Jan 27, 2012
Pretty much yeah. I've got stuff I need to work on in my life, like getting better at socializing, but my life's pretty good right now.

Jun_Jun

Sep 21, 2009
I've been depressed as long as I can remember I always thought it was normal until my fiancé decided to take me to a doctor for a diagnosis, it is actually impossible for me to feel happy ever. I try to be more realistic with my feelings however and just feeling 'normal' (y'know not feeling like I should off myself) is a massive achievement for me and keeps me going.

Philol

Nov 7, 2011
In the general sense of things I'm very happy, there isn't much that could improve upon this, except maybe having somewhere definite to live next year or a partner... other than that though.

JCBFGD

Jul 10, 2011
All I have bothering me are first world problems. I wouldn't exactly say I'm happy, but I'm definitely content. Complaining would be pointless, IMO.

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
Not as happy as I would like. I can barely say I'm content, really. Just a lot of stress due to finances and trying to get my masters degree. I also live in an area where none of my friends are, so communication is limited to texts and skype. Due to this, I rarely go anywhere, so I'm stuck in my room more than I'd like to be.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Nope, and I haven't been in a while. But I'm still flying, in a manner of speaking.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
im now feeling better then when i last posted in this thread, yay for lithium.
after reading this thread and seeing other people post about their lives all i can say is i hope things improve in my life. oh well at least i have borderlnds 2 too look forward to, so i wont be commiting suicide anytime soon.
but yeah, as with a few others ive seen in this thread my life sucks complete and utter dogballs.

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
Vault101 said:
Freechoice said:
can we ever fully achieve contentment though? human nature and soceity seem to go against that
(personally Im really content now..but that might change later if or when I desire more)

No, you can never fully achieve anything without at least some criticism as to how it could have been better. The least you can get with a successful life is "good enough." You can do better, but it's unlikely.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
I'm a pretty basic fellow and I do okay by me, but I don't think everyone can achieve happiness. At least not in the manner of the OP.

I should clarify; I don't think everyone is capable of feeling happiness in the manner of the OP. Some of us are very driven and are forever condemned to a kind of Zeno's paradox with happiness. Some of us will always be anxious.

Basically most of us are crazy. You'd need to be pretty mentally stable to find happiness. I mean totally able to set your own goals and achieve them whilst existing as some sort of aristotelian ideal.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I'm not unhappy. I'm generally pretty happy - it's just that there are people I miss like crazy which is a constant source of pain. I'll see them in the summer which will be awesome, I'll be ecstatic then... but I'll miss people I'm with now cause of it =S

Captcha: love-hate - describes it pretty well!

Jan 13, 2012
On the outside I pretend to be all bubbly and happy perhaps to make my inner hurt go away but really I'm deeply unhappy and perhaps even depressed. I'm 16, I've got hardly any family, my mom died two years ago and my father turned psycho and tried to kill one of my sisters who is now trying to kill herself now and I'm living with my other sisters boyfriend and I'm pretty much making her broke, I'm failing miserably at school and I'll never find a girlfriend or succeed at life (I want to be a concept artist but because I can't draw and I suck at school that'll never happen) and I almost tried to kill myself and me reading about your happy little life also makes me unhappy. So yes, deeply unhappy. /rant

Actually, me writing this helped a little.

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
Can't say my life is bad by any means, but I'm not happy.

I'm trying to draw the motivation to move forward with my life but I can't figure out what to do or where to begin. My job is easy, well paying and close by, but doesn't offer enough work for me to get much money coming in at a time.

I lack the passion for anything really. I'm not incompitent or anything, but I've never found anything in life that I'd like to pursue. I always hesitate to take steps forward because I don't want to invest my time and energy into something that amounts to nothing.

Worst of all, though, would probably be the loneliness. I'm 21, never had a girlfriend, and didn't get my birthday back in March because, despite my attempts to poke my friends with the idea, nobody seemed to give a damn. Never fell out with my friends or anything, I've sort of come to realise in the last few months that I have nothing in common with the people left in my life, which was a little painful to come to grips with.

So its almost like I'm in this position where I basically have to start my life over, which mostly scares me.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
Last Hugh Alive said:
So its almost like I'm in this position where I basically have to start my life over, which mostly scares me.
Do you mean like, retraining for a different career or are you talking about rebuilding your personality?

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
Bertylicious said:
Last Hugh Alive said:
Do you mean like, retraining for a different career or are you talking about rebuilding your personality?
A bit of both? Mostly a shift in my social life. I don't really have a career yet, just a casual position somewhere. I'm in that phase of moving from the whole high school/university phase of my life into my career, but my the people in my life apart from my family are slipping behind me as well. So it kinda feels like entering a different world and I feel like I don't have the skills or foresight to know where to go from here, when it feels like I'm supposed to.