Arkham Asylum Pirates Get a Gimpy Batman

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Shouldn't other red flags gone up, like a guy commenting on a "bug" for a game that hasn't even been released yet??

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
I want to buy a pirated FF just to see that bug.

That's really good what the devs did. I like also what they said to one of the pirates. lol.
Good for them

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Terramax said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Terramax said:
It shouldn't take long for a pirate to re-program it to include all the original moves.
I do agree with this unfortunately, however it does waste your average pirates time, so all is well for now.
OMG you quoted me before I even posted my post! You sir are awesome.
(p.s. I do know you re-edited your post)
It's magic. It's a special kind of magic only paedos and Alchemists have. Do you believe?

VanityGirl said:
I want to buy a pirated FF just to see that bug.

That's really good what the devs did. I like also what they said to one of the pirates. lol.
Good for them
So this does mean DRM schemes for console games? Are there any other console games with DRM attached to them?

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I have to say that this is quite possibly the best idea I've ever heard of. Good work on the part of Rocksteady.

Next step: "leaking" a "cracked" version of a game on the net, which turns out to be a demo that shuts down 20 minutes in to say: "Insert Credit To Continue" or "You are NOT morally superior."

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
That is freaking hilarious. The fact that the guy had the balls to post it on their own forum asking about a fix for it, and gets his ass royally handed back to him. Priceless.

Doth

Apr 2, 2009
I'm pretty sure that there will be a fix for this; pirates are quite savvy when it comes to raping DRM in all its forms.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
scotth266 said:
I have to say that this is quite possibly the best idea I've ever heard of. Good work on the part of Rocksteady.

Next step: "leaking" a "cracked" version of a game on the net, which turns out to be a demo that shuts down 20 minutes in to say: "Insert Credit To Continue" or "You are NOT morally superior."
"Insert Credit to Continue" Would be perfect.

No! "The police are on their way". Oh my god, if I could record their reaction...

Arassar

Nov 25, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
Hilarious. Though wait, what does this mean? DRM for console titles? Because there's no PC version...right?
DRM is just a protocol attempting to prevent the game from being copied, and if you think there's no piracy of Xbox and PS3 games, I have this great timeshare I'd like to sell you... :)

hansari

May 31, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Why can't more devs do this?
I'm gonna be honest...when I saw the words "gimpy batman"...I assumed the worst and thought this was gonna be another "hot coffee" fiasco...except, you know...involving masochism...

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
Who cares if the hackers can fix it in a minute, this is the kind of pirate protection that earns developers respect. From me, at least.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Arassar said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Hilarious. Though wait, what does this mean? DRM for console titles? Because there's no PC version...right?
DRM is just a protocol attempting to prevent the game from being copied, and if you think there's no piracy of Xbox and PS3 games, I have this great timeshare I'd like to sell you... :)
Timeshare? Is it like magic beans only more magic? Colour me interested!

Course I know there's piracy on 360 and PS3 titles! ;)

hansari said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Why can't more devs do this?
I'm gonna be honest...when I saw the words "gimpy batman"...I assumed the worst and thought this was gonna be another "hot coffee" fiasco...except, you know...involving masochism...
Maybe there is and we haven't found it. "Wet vines" fiasco involving a threesome between Batman, Bane and Poison Ivy? Jack Thompson would be dancing a jig if he wasn't disbarred.

paketep

Jul 14, 2008
That's a fantastic response from Eidos, but DRM is still DRM, and creative or not, it'll be bypassed by pirates. At least it looks like this won't affect customers. This still will pack ShittyROM, though, so no buy from me.

So Arkham Asylum has been pirated for the PC already?. I thought that it wasn't going to be released until november at least (we're polishing the PC version yadda yadda yadda OMG piracy!).

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Brilliant! Absoloutely brilliant.

And that other guy who was claiming the PC version of B:AA was shit the other day and claiming the game was the finished product (even though he pirated it), I hope you read this.

A bit odd they haven't done it with the 360 and PS3 versions though, they'll be pirated as well. Although it's less prevalent because it's more complicated.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
scotth266 said:

"Insert Credit to Continue" Would be perfect.

No! "The police are on their way". Oh my god, if I could record their reaction...
Not to mention the few people drunk enough to wonder: "Where do I stick in the quarter?"

iggyus

Apr 18, 2009
While I am a big sadistic pirate who enjoys some free games from torrents, I find this to be the most epic thing any game studio has done. And extra cookies to that moderator for the line

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
That is pretty funny, but I think they should've taken it one step further. I think they should have included a virus that does something truly diabolical such as delete the offender's entire HDD, or cause their mother board to overheat and break (yes that can happen).

Tjebbe

Jul 2, 2008
They used things like that back in the days of MSX games (mainly Xak II had a famous one where a script event just didn't get triggered on copied versions). I certainly hope they made it so there isn't a single false positive there, or it's just as bad as all other drm-based copyright evasion systems.