Artist Plans To Ship Self Cross Country With Only LotRO For Company

Jei-chan

Inquisitor-Hierarch
Apr 18, 2011
this is just going to prove how nerdy i am, but am i the only person that finds it amusing that he is shipping himself to a place called Bald Knob when there is a place in Lord of the Rings cannon - well, the Silmarillion, anyway - called Bald Hill (Amon Rudh, in Beleriand, where the Petty-dwarfs took Turin)? ...yeah, i thought it was just me...

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Cool thing to do. Not to bright and I believe this is actually illegal to ship yourself. Or guess he's going on a train so.... no maybe. By air I'm quite sure it is.

I hope he doesn't get sick in there, lol.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
I don't understand. Maybe it's because I understand art less than I do anything, but I don't understand why shipping himself across a few states helps understand PTSD. How is this supposed to mean anything?

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. So yes, I believe this is a legitimate scientific study and hope it yields positive results.

t3h br0th3r

May 7, 2009
Jamash said:
I've just had a though, this guy could get trolled hard, so very very hard.

Since Lord of the Rings Online is free to play, what's to stop 100 people joining, finding his character, then standing around him in a square so they box him in on-line too, essentially creating a 'man-in-a-box-in-a-box-of-men-in-a-box'.

It may even be a bit of performance art in itself, i.e boxing in a man online who has boxed himself in a crate IRL to study PTSD, and giving him and/or his only personal PTSD too.
Inform anonymous. and tell them to get fraps and Lotro accounts.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Artists. Sigh.

Let's be real guys, locking yourself in a box and playing videogames =! research for PTSD. In fact it has nothing to do with PTSD.