Artist Shows Gruesome Pokémon Battle Aftermaths

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Artist Shows Gruesome Pokémon Battle Aftermaths

Nobody ever stops to think about what the Pokémon go through afterwards...

Sure, Poké battles are a lot of fun, full of adorable creatures and crazy excitement, but we never really stop and consider the effects they have on the Pokémon involved. One artist, though, is showing us exactly what happens to the little guys after a battle, and the results just aren't pretty.

Theses pictures are by artist Justin White, a freelance illustrator out of California. According to White, the idea behind this illustration is pretty simple: "The idea was to imagine each character recuperating inside their pokeball after a long battle. Or maybe I just wanted to draw cute little pokemon all beat up."

The pictures are available to buy as an entire poster, in both 13x19" and 18x24" sizes. I'm not going to lie, I kind of want to buy one, just so I can horrify all my guests.

Source: Geeks Are Sexy

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
That Charmander shouldn't be alive. According to the Anime, when the fire goes out, they die.

WHY DO I REMEMBER THAT?

Anyway, Trainers and Pokémon alike should be glad for free Pokéhealth care.

Calumon: This is why I don't like fighting... : (

EDIT:
moretimethansense said:
Am I the only one that feels the need to point out that, if a charmandes tail fire goes out it dies?
Evidently not, Ninja.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
That is fairly disturbing, mainly because they all look zombies. But it is interesting I'll admit.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
This_ends_now said:
HA HA HA! The side of Pokemon kids don't see. Honestly, how is pokemon and different that running a dog fight circuit?
The Pokemon get healed for free!

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Bwaahahahah! Thats wrong yet so very funny.

I fell like such a bad person now, but I can't stop laughing.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
If I'm honest, I was kind of hoping for something a bit more brutal, these are pretty cartoonish, and when I saw Gruesome in the title I had imagined something a lot bleaker.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Awww, the sandshrew makes me want to cry

The rest of the pics (the whole image is a lot bigger, I found) were pretty scary. Like the bottle of glue with a flame on it (ponyta? ) and snorlax with his face in a puddle of water/drool. Though some I didn't understand, like the little machine one.

I thought for a moment that I might buy it, I have it bookmarked, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
That's
Jack and Calumon said:
That Charmander shouldn't be alive. According to the Anime, when the fire goes out, they die.

WHY DO I REMEMBER THAT?

Anyway, Trainers and Pokémon alike should be glad for free Pokéhealth care.

Calumon: This is why I don't like fighting... : (

EDIT:
moretimethansense said:
Am I the only one that feels the need to point out that, if a charmandes tail fire goes out it dies?
Evidently not, Ninja.
Holy shit you sir just gave me Deja Vu!

Anyway, those are slapstick and not the realistic bloody I was expecting.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
OH NOOOOOS, MY CHARMANDER!!! Although Poke'centres heal all wounds so its only temperary. I mean have you ever seen a Pokemon with Cancer? No, long term illnesses are a thing of the past thanks to that genius Nurse Jenny.

Also, I almost cried laughting when I saw Hitmonlee.

Oh yeah, he would techically be dead if his tail went out, SHIT WE NEED A DEFIBRILLATOR AND A BOX OF MATCHS! STAT!