Assassin's Creed 2.85

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
I'd just like to say that I reckon World War 1 would be a better period to frame an Assassins Creed game in than World War 2, primarily as WW2 has been overdone a great deal in games but also because society during WW1 was still very rigidly class based and better suited for an Assassins Creed game. The world still wasn't fully automated either, the hideously polluted streets of England would still be ideal for hectic chases and the chance for a snippet of lives at home whilst the war was being fought would be very interesting. In short the start of the 20th century is a period not yet explored to any great depth by games, and I think it could be make for an interesting one.

Frostbyte

Jan 1, 2012
Australia in the 1850's might be an option, what with the convicts. Or Scotland, during the highland clearances.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
I'd actually like the Desmond centric game. It seems the only plausible way to finish the fucking series now, since he's cured from the bleeding effect it might not make any sense for him to go back into the animus. Plus it's not too late to give him a good character. Maybe if he's vengeful, like really pissed off, that's not very strong or good I know I'm just coming up with this on the spot, but yeah it seems the only way for it to make sense.

Jofarin

May 16, 2009
I think a transition to the future would be cool. Anno 2070 did it and it's awesome. And you only have to chose the right settings. The climbing can be done with "Gecko-Grip-Boots", the narrow slopes for people on foot but not in a vehicle are easily found in buildings and the hidden daggers can be some kind of vibro blades like the ones the protoss in starcraft have.
And you can't snipe someone from a kilometer distance, if he is inside a building.

Lightning4119

Mar 22, 2011
And it turned out that AC3 will have a Native American assassin just before the start of the Revolutionary War.

This might just be awesome. Although we'll probably miss the free-running up the sides of buildings, instead hopping from tree to tree and hiding in bushes.