Assassin's Creed III Location

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
SckizoBoy said:
Also, perhaps there could be a few missions in attempting (but failing) to keep people alive (Gerhard von Scharnhorst, Horatio Nelson, Prinz Ludwig-Ferdinand von Preussen...

Shitloads of material there...
That would be a very interesting mission. Assassin's creed during the Battle of Trafalgar. I mean, the trailer for Revelations does show ship-to-ship combat.

I'm not certain about my history of the Napoleonic Wars (something that must be fixed!!) but wasn't Nelson killed by a musketball? Could be an interesting race against time to kill the sniper...

Like I said, my knowledge of the Napoleonic Wars is sorely lacking.

I seriously wish they were still considering France for AC3. Would be incredible. Although Industrial England would be cool also.

genericusername64

Jun 18, 2011
I think the third assassins creed will be about desmond, but the series has subcumbed to kingdom heart syndrome (making a ton of spin off games that contribute nearly nothing while pushing back the third game even farther)

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Baradiel said:
SckizoBoy said:
Also, perhaps there could be a few missions in attempting (but failing) to keep people alive (Gerhard von Scharnhorst, Horatio Nelson, Prinz Ludwig-Ferdinand von Preussen...

Shitloads of material there...
I'm not certain about my history of the Napoleonic Wars (something that must be fixed!!) but wasn't Nelson killed by a musketball? Could be an interesting race against time to kill the sniper...

I seriously wish they were still considering France for AC3. Would be incredible. Although Industrial England would be cool also.
You should consider playing Napoleon Total War, before I played that game, my knowledge of that era was spotty, at best.

superdelux

Apr 29, 2011
Nikolaz72 said:
Feudal Japan as a spinoff where you get to play as a Templar would be awesome.. Going in with your full plate, getting to fight Ninjas and Samurais.

There will be no Feudal Japan, The Writer for the AC series said they are only going to set the next one where Desmond can realistically have an ancestor so its Europe, East Asia, and Maybe America only.

OT:I'm thinking The French Revolution for AC3 then a Brotherhood style sequel where you kill Napoleon.

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
I like the idea of feudal Japan as a setting but I don't really like the idea of Desmond being part Japanese.

What about setting AC3 in 1920s New York and make the main character a member of the Italian mafia, it's totally believable that Desmond could have an ancestor from there.

Mar 9, 2010
Stalydan said:
I got either Industrial Revolution England (because it's not just London, there's more cities that were equally important during that time period) or French Revolution France (because with the amount of stuff going on during that time, you can see some kind of Templar/Assassin action going down).
Speaking of revolutions, the 1905 and 1917 Russian revolutions would be excellent for the series. I know they've already done a comic about it, but a full blown game would be amazing.

If not that then I'm gonna have to go with Stayldon and say industrial revolution England.

Justice4L

Aug 24, 2011
I believe Ubisoft said something about not wanting to have a game fully set in modern times. I think they will continue to have you play as some sort of ancestor as well as Desmond.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Baradiel said:
That would be a very interesting mission. Assassin's creed during the Battle of Trafalgar. I mean, the trailer for Revelations does show ship-to-ship combat.

No, you're quite right, he was shot from the mizzen-mast platform (don't know the naval nomenclature of those things) of the Redoubtable by a French marine. He died about four hours later, so hooray for another cutscene idea!

I think that mission would be along the lines of manning guns for the first bit (taking out the Bucentaure or other lead French ships), then boarding another ship, capturing a colours while clobbering Frenchmen (sorry as an Englishman, I found a perverse pleasure in typing that!), then noticing a marksman line his sights against the admiral finding a musket, aiming... only for it to misfire (possible and very plausible, if not probable), hence Nelson gets hit. Then finding some other way of killing the marksman and returning to the Victory.

Yeah, that could so work.

superdelux

Apr 29, 2011
genericusername64 said:
I think the third assassins creed will be about desmond, but the series has subcumbed to kingdom heart syndrome (making a ton of spin off games that contribute nearly nothing while pushing back the third game even farther)
Brotherhood and Revelations are part of the series not just spin-offs, they move the main story along just Like AC and AC2, and they add new features like the Execution streaks or Assassin Apprentices, Unless your talking about the shitty handheld games I don't see your point.

ASLO its Desmond, succumbed, and further.

dday4you

Jun 11, 2008
dude your avatar looks like shaun from assasin's creed. victorian london would be awesomes. just awesomes

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Catchy Slogan said:
Sorry, could you repeat that. I think I just blacked out a little.
I regarded that with a bit of horror as well...

Baradiel said:
Darth_Dude said:
You should consider playing Napoleon Total War, before I played that game, my knowledge of that era was spotty, at best.
I would agree there, though the central European campaign is quite off (names aside), though I love how the central commanders and leaders for each of the factions actually do resemble the historical figures (unlike Empire Total War which was waaaaaaaaaaay off). Especially the French commanders, Napoleon, Ney, Davout and Murat (however much I want to punch the fucker). Unfortunately, there were only two Prussian figures of note (Blucher and F-W III, Pr L-F v Prs was a little off, while I don't know what Pr F-K v. H-I actually looked like).

One thing that annoyed me, though, playing the Prussian campaign was 'Massenbach was a 4 star?! the man was an incompetent twat!'

Anyway, be sure to get the Penninsular Campaign expansion as well, because that one's quite faithful as well.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
superdelux said:
OT:I'm thinking The French Revolution for AC3 then a Brotherhood style sequel where you kill Napoleon.
That would be the most boring end mission ever... you put up his wallpaper! *hrk*

Dec 14, 2009
Catchy Slogan said:
Daystar Clarion said:
tanithwolf said:
Scythas said:
Victorian London!

Come on, you know you want it.
Right there with you, I'd also love to see a female assassin main character.
Voiced by Jennifer Hale.

That game would be awesome.
Really? You should watch that Disney training montage video we talked about. It teaches people not to black out like that.

genericusername64

Jun 18, 2011
superdelux said:
Brotherhood and Revelations are part of the series not just spin-offs, they move the main story along just Like AC and AC2, and they add new features like the Execution streaks or Assassin Apprentices, Unless your talking about the shitty handheld games I don't see your point.
What did Brotherhood add to the series that couldn't have been added in revelations? Revelations could've had multiplayer and guild missions. From a story point of view Brotherhood had Ezio run in circles, nothing happened that couldn't have been dlc. Desmond's part was the only part where anything happened, and that was about an hour of real time.

El_Chubba_Chubba

Mar 13, 2009
As long as the location does put us into a time where guns are well...used instead of swords then its fine. Unless of course the game would be set amlost entirely and mainly in modern times. Because then at least the series feels like its been waiting to build up towards that.

Even though that would mean less of the animus. But I expect that the writers and developers will come up with something really smart actually. Possibly playing in the same city, but with 200 years apart?

Seagoon

Feb 14, 2010
tanithwolf said:
Scythas said:
Victorian London!

I don't think a female assassin would work.. not only would it not be done that well, i can't relate Desmond to a Woman in the same way I could Altiar and Etzio...

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
still think that is rather wierd, desmond currently have a arabian ancestor and a italian ancestor, whats next? brittish? japanese?

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Catchy Slogan said:
Daystar Clarion said:
tanithwolf said:
Scythas said:
Victorian London!

Voiced by Jennifer Hale.

That game would be awesome.
Really? You should watch that Disney training montage video we talked about. It teaches people not to black out like that.
Well, you're nothing if not persistent. :D

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
I agree so much! Japan would be amazing.

Hope they don't do Victorian London, such a depressing time in England with boring as shit architecture.