Assassin's Creed: Rogue Revealed in Leaked Trailer - Update 2

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Assassin's Creed: Rogue Revealed in Leaked Trailer - Update 2

<youtube=bjSy5kF6io0>​
A trailer page indicates Assassin's Creed: Rogue will launch November 11 for the Xbox 360, but a PS3 version is also likely.

Update 2: The trailer is now officially online and available for viewing. It is the same trailer that leaked earlier today.

Update: Game Informer [http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/08/05/september-cover-reveal-assassins-creed-rogue-unity.aspx] revealed its September cover, confirming Assassin's Creed: Rogue. The cover features both Rogue and Assassin's Creed: Unity. Game Informer confirms that Rogue's protagonist is a templar named Shay who used to be an assassin. Beyond the freezing Atlantic, Shay will explore the Appalachian River Valley and New York, and the game takes place during the Seven Years' War, also known as the French and Indian War.

Original story: A low quality, leaked trailer appeared online earlier today, revealing Assassin's Creed: Rogue. The game features sailing gameplay and a Templar-supporting protagonist. Ubisoft has made no announcements about Rogue.

Ubisoft stated earlier this year that in addition to an Assassin's Creed game for current-generation consoles (Assassin's Creed: Unity), there would also be another game in the series on last-generation consoles. Codenamed "Comet," earlier details are in line with the new trailer. A Swiss retailer listing suggested the Comet project was Assassin's Creed: Rogue for Xbox 360 and PS3. [http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassin-s-creed-rogue-for-xbox-360-and-playstatio/1100-6421460/]

Previous reports for Comet suggested sailing would take place in the Atlantic Ocean. The trailer shows a character somewhere in the Arctic. An image of the Ultimate Hunter Pack allows people to see the protagonist's sword, which bears the Templar order cross. In the trailer, he uses his rifle to take aim at a person many people assume is an assassin. This would be a change of pace for the series, as the games have taken place from the assassin perspective with the Templars as the antagonists.

[gallery=2966]

The trailer, previously on Dailymotion, is no longer available to watch. The page where it was hosted states it has been deleted. [http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22u0ss_assassin-s-creed-rogue-trailer-off-screen_videogames?start=121] Reuploads to YouTube have been blocked as well.

If the trailer is correct, Assassin's Creed: Rogue will launch November 11 for last-generation consoles. A Ubisoft spokesperson said the company does not comment on rumors and speculations. However, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot had hinted at an Assassin's Creed game on the way for fans without a PS4 or Xbox One.

Source: Kotaku [http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22u0ss_assassin-s-creed-rogue-trailer-off-screen_videogames?start=121]

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
White guy? Check.
Stubble? Check.

Business as usual I see!

The idea of playing as a Templar sounds dangerously close to being interesting so I'm expecting it will be a ruse and you are actually an Assassin pretending to be a Templar for some reason that is never really explained. But at least there is sailing right?

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
CriticalMiss said:
White guy? Check.
Stubble? Check.

Business as usual I see!

The idea of playing as a Templar sounds dangerously close to being interesting so I'm expecting it will be a ruse and you are actually an Assassin pretending to be a Templar for some reason that is never really explained. But at least there is sailing right?
Actually they already did that in 3 AND 4.
4 actually went one step further than your hypothetical by having you be a pirate pretending to be an Assassin who was defecting to being a templar.

OT: Unity has yet to show me anything to get hyped over, and now this comes out, and the Mehassin's Creed trend continues for me.

AdmiralCheez

Nov 9, 2009
So the next-gen consoles get a new setting with some new gameplay elements, and the rest of us get more sailing in Colonial America. Oh well.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
interested... but more details are needed

What? I still like the series and look forward to long winter nights playing Unity and potentially this bad boy too!

ColdinT

Apr 8, 2009
Seems like Unity is going to try to be like Assassin's Creed 3, while Rogue is going to be like Black Flag. I know which one I'm more interested in. :)

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I was hoping this was Assassin's Creed: Rouge, and we were going to get to periodically break into anachronistic song.

CriticalMiss said:
White guy? Check.
Stubble? Check.

Business as usual I see!
They spent billions on that stubble engine, so they're damn well gonna get their money's worth.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
So, they announce yet another AC without even having released the last one they announced...
Anyone expecting anything other than a total trainwreck with both games?

ayvee

Jan 29, 2010
Bindal said:
So, they announce yet another AC without even having released the last one they announced...
Anyone expecting anything other than a total trainwreck with both games?
Not only that, but unless I'm misunderstanding then Rogue comes out like two weeks after Unity. That seems a bit bizarre.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
People were already getting a bit peeved at yearly Ubisoft games. In their infinite wisdom, Ubsioft is now deciding that we need two!

Fantastic.

ryan_cs

Aug 13, 2013
He sounds bored. It's like he's explaining this again to someone offscreen a hundred times before and he's tired of explaining this.
It's actually how I'm feeling about the franchise right now.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Bindal said:
ayvee said:
Bindal said:
They've said they'll be releasing two Assassin's Creed games this year since they announced Unity. This is something I'd also, get ready for this, congratulate Ubisoft for doing. They aren't completely abandoning the 360 and PS3 yet. Still giving them a new Assassin's Creed game. This could even help sales, owners of both new and old systems might buy both.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
You know something? If that is actually the story line, I might just try this, as my first play of an Assassin's Creed game- and it's totally like me to try the one where you (in theory) DON'T play as an assassin.

Getting sick of bad ass assassins, really.

I like the idea of hunting them.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Yup, totally up for playing a Templar. The Assassins creed universe is one I really enjoy. The dude in the trailers Irish accent is better than Kenways "Welsh" accent, but I do feel like he's gonna try and sell me a dag. My Mother should be pleased, she was a bit miffed that she wasn't gonna get to play any more AC till 2017, when the XBONE comes in cereal packets.

Most importantly though, do I get to kill French men? It /is/ set during The Seven Years War.

Zachary Amaranth said:
They spent billions on that stubble engine, so they're damn well gonna get their money's worth.
I should hope so, Kenways beard that grew out when he was at sea looked like he had straw nailed to his face. ><

kirwan464

Aug 9, 2013
what a god awful and fake sounding irish accent would it really have been hard to get an IRISH person to do the voice

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
My major reaction to that trailer was, "Will someone please stick a shiv in this guy's neck while he's monologuing?"

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
kirwan464 said:
what a god awful and fake sounding irish accent would it really have been hard to get an IRISH person to do the voice
Ubisoft don't have the resources to animate female characters. You think they can afford to find Irish people?

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
That is a pleasant surprise. Another AC game :) its for old gen that is kind of 50-50 for me but hell we get 2 games in 1 year thats pretty awesome.
THe really interesting thing is how they kept it under wraps for so long and just dropped a bombshell on us out of nowhere!

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
Looks somewhat interesting, I don't like how they keep pushing these out so frequently... wait, is that a boat?
God fucking damnit.
I must be the only one, but I don't care, I hate that this series is now about boats. I want my Firenze and Rome back with beautiful architecture that you can climb and jump around on, I'm carefully optimistic about Unity though, it sounds like it could be what I want.
But I know they won't do the one thing I want them to do, make the game seriously harder. I would want an Assassin's Creed game where getting into a fight is not something you would want to do, I want more in depth stealth mechanics and very hard combat.