Assassin's Creed: Victory Leaked, Releasing Fall 2015

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
dragongit said:
Does Assassin's Creed Liberation count? I know it's a spin off but it is a female assassin. Or do you mean a numbered/ main title where you play as one?
as much as I like the premise and appreciate the fact it exists...its not a coincidence that the only titles to feature women are spin-offs

so no, it doesn't

MC1980 said:
And the game is being made by the B-team, not that Montreal's track record the last year was anything to be proud of. Atleast it's not their Z-team, or whatever the hell Ubisoft Sofia is meant to be.
its all dissolved into a white hooded mush to me....so I can't tell the difference

[quote/]Liberation did that, didn't make a difference really. Game was a shit version of AC3 though (and I thought AC3 was the shit version of AC3, boy was I surprised). And there's going to be that sidescroller with the chinese chick from the Ezio animated shortfilm, though I guess that doesn't meet your criteria. Not that the gender changes the characters, AC protagonists are usually either witty+some other quality or boring+poorly written. It's mostly just visual designs that see difference.[/quote]
if they've been feeding us plain porridge for the past 8 years asking them to add cinnamon or apples to it is not going to ruin their vision of constant, bland, lucrative porridge....it might actually be for the better

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Yes, this was 'leaked'. It's totally not a distraction, desperately tryng to draw attention from the stigma of Unity. Heh.

Thorn14

Jun 29, 2013
Isn't Unity selling really well despite its horrendous state at launch?

I wonder if the sales for this will decline because of it?

Or are AAA consumers so conditioned to just BUY BUY BUY anything with Assassin's Creed in the name that it won't matter?

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Sillarra said:
I know this franchise cannot be saved already (at least, in my opinion), but can we at least have a settings-appropriate attire for the assassin? I really don't think you can blend in wearing hoods in Victorian-era London, much less carrying all your weapons on display for everyone to see. That will be a really quick way to get yourself arrested (or worse, be accused to be Jack the Ripper).

Hey...now that's a thought. What if your character is Jack the Ripper? Killing Templars disguised as prostitutes...
well, considering the courtesans are always on the assassin side of things, i think it would be more feasible if jack the ripper was a templar, killing them for their collusion and your courtesan contact was asking you to stop him.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
MC1980 said:
tf2godz said:
Aerosteam said:
Get the fuck out. Europe... again?
The only two places this series have been in so far are Europe and North America. Ubisoft, you do know there are five other different continents, Right?
AC1 takes place in Syria and Israel. ACR takes place mostly in Turkey (can be considered part of Europe if you really want to, though culturally middle-eastern during that period) and a bit in Syria. And AC4 takes place in the Caribbean. East-Asia seems to be something they avoided until know, probably going to be next on the list after they're done with the current batch of AC games, testing the waters on that with Far Cry 4 perhaps.
I'll give you the first two but as far as I know the Caribbean is mostly part of north america(continent) so it doesn't count, unless at one point they go to south america in the game in which case never mind.

Louzerman102

Mar 12, 2011
Oh good. The next AssCreed game leaked so Ubisoft and the media can begin fueling the next hype train before Unity is completely buried in the ground. How many people have already pre-ordered the game? You don't want to get left behind. Has Victory won any "best of" awards yet?

Feel the bitter. Feel it.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
"The team in our Quebec studio has been hard at work on the particular game in question for the past few years"
Wait so let me get this straight.

Not only did they release a bug filled, almost non playable alpha of a game with Unity (Seriously, when you have a GTX970 and the framerate can dip into single digits, your game has a problem) From this statement alone, not only did they not dedicate enough time and resources to make this game optimized but they have an entirely different team working on another assassins creed game without FINISHING THE FIRST ONE.

Yea, if this doesn't scream this game will most likely have serious problems ala Unity, then I don't know what else to say.

Oh wait I do.
DONT FUCKING PREORDER IT! Seriously guys, speak with your wallets and let them do this game right.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Yeah, no.
As we can see, this franchise is going down faster than a roller coastrer. Heck, I don't know how Ubisoft can do this better than the Call of Duty franchise. From the facts though, many people are noticing that far less people are buying these games, and pointing out the controversial issues.

Where the hell are the old Ubisoft, from when they did Assassins Creed 2?!
Well, they're probably dead in the cellar of the new regiment.

*sighs*

I'm ... I'm just done with Ubisoft at this point.
When they make a Assassins Creed with a Japanese setting, then one of my ears will hear them ... barely.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Look on the bright side.

They'll save a ton of money not hiring any QA testers for yet another cinematic 4fps experience. Jolly good choice Ubi, jolly good!

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
I really wish Ubisoft would give the series a breather, Unity should have shown them that they need more time to make a polished game.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I kinda stopped caring about assassins creed when they started to drop all pretense of progressing the story. Its just a pandering cash grab and has been since the third game.

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
Hairless Mammoth said:
So have any of the bugs been leaked yet? Or are we going to have to sit in suspense until after the review embargoes are over next year?
tf2godz said:
Aerosteam said:
The only two places this series have been in so far are Europe and North America. Ubisoft, you do know there are five other different continents, Right?
I'd love to see them make an AC set in Antarctica.
The parkour in that one might be a tad boring. I mean, even more boring than it is now.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Leaked my ass. They're trying to make people forget about Unity as fast as possible. And they're trying to determine just how much they can hype people for another one of their titles after their recent failures. I'm not hyped at all. Ubisoft's business model is repugnant. It's not convenient for me as a consumer at all.

Morsomk_v1legacy

RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA
Jan 30, 2013
Ubisoft Quebec

So...there are now four teams that have worked on this franchise I would imagine.

The core team that did the first Asscreed all the way to Asscreed: Brohood before they split into two teams.

Then one of those originals did Asscreed 3, while a completely new team did Asscreed 4: Black Flag

Then the other half of the original team did Asscreed: Unity, which they butchered and now they've got a another new team to make this latest installment.

I would be.....optimistic for this new one, seeing as it's a new team that might want to do something new with the formula but honestly, I would prefer the guys who made Asscreed 4.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Vault101 said:
ok Assasins creed here's the deal

I'll pick up where I left off and play ALL of the games...ALL of them if you give me a full honest to god release of a game where I can play as a female assassin

K?

cool
There is one, kinda. It is a sidescrolling AC with a Chinese female character set in (duh) China. Sounds great doesnt it? Now only if they actually paid attention to it instead of making it some kind of throw away downloadable game.

Krantos

Jun 30, 2009
tf2godz said:
Aerosteam said:
Well they can't put it in Australia. The Local fauna would kill the protagonist long before the templars could.

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
Krantos said:
tf2godz said:
Aerosteam said:
Well they can't put it in Australia. The Local fauna would kill the protagonist long before the templars could.
Actually, Botany Bay does sound like the sort of thing the Templars would come up with. And it would be a breeding ground for Assassin recruits, since "screw the authorities" would be a fairly common sentiment in a penal colony.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
ok, so all the negative feedback for unity wasnt a lesson learned. 3 patches and i still keep reading about problems. so they already work on the next title. looks like AC4 is really the last AC title for me. and at times im still considering getting unity in hope i might be one of the lucky once who will not have any problems.