Assassin's Creed: Victory Leaked, Releasing Fall 2015

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
I don't get the shock and outrage. We all already knew that Ubisoft has multiple ACs in the pipe at all times, worked on by different teams.

AidoZonkey

Musician With A Heart Of Gold
Oct 18, 2011
Im up for a Victorian Assassins Creed, but good god Ubisoft next year? Unity was a broken beyond playability because you had to rush it out the door. It could have been a good game if you gave it time and effort and didn't lie through you teeth about why you it didn't run properly.

Give a rest for a year or two, make a real effort and for god sake learn how to optimize your games. I have a brand new PC that I spent good money on and it still struggled to play watch dogs

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
Vault101 said:
ok Assasins creed here's the deal

I'll pick up where I left off and play ALL of the games...ALL of them if you give me a full honest to god release of a game where I can play as a female assassin

K?

cool
But but but, it's too expensive and too hard to animate female characters.
Edit: That's moi impersonating an idiotic Ubisoft employee.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Vault101 said:
as much as I like the premise and appreciate the fact it exists...its not a coincidence that the only titles to feature women are spin-offs

so no, it doesn't
But this totally proves nobody wants to play as a woman. Why else would it not have sold with limited promotion on a portable virtually nobody owned?

FalloutJack said:
Yes, this was 'leaked'. It's totally not a distraction, desperately tryng to draw attention from the stigma of Unity. Heh.
I would imagine this would have the opposite effect, really. With the "cancellation" of the season pass and whatnot, it looks like they're dropping this one to get on with the next one, which I don't imagine sits well with consumers who just bought this one full price.

VincentX3 said:
Not only did they release a bug filled, almost non playable alpha of a game with Unity (Seriously, when you have a GTX970 and the framerate can dip into single digits, your game has a problem) From this statement alone, not only did they not dedicate enough time and resources to make this game optimized but they have an entirely different team working on another assassins creed game without FINISHING THE FIRST ONE.
Ubisoft has had a multi-team, multi-year policy for a while. Unity started work around the time Brotherhood was released, I think. That's one of the things that makes this crap so unacceptable. However, it doesn't automatically mean the next game will suffer the same fate because of the same process.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Haerthan said:
Apparently, EVERYONE is too hard to animate.

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
Roboshi said:
That said, an Egyption, Indian or another middle eastern setting wouldn't go amiss.
StormShaun said:
When they make a Assassins Creed with a Japanese setting, then one of my ears will hear them ... barely.
I'm kind of surprised about the way that Ubi have linked, or rather apparently failed to link the last few Assassin's Creed games together. Since ACII,Bros and Rev followed a single character through his life and covered Florence+Venice / Rome and then Constantinople they formed a pretty solid trilogy.

So when ACIII was announced as taking place in the American Revolution with a new hero I assumed that they'd have a new trilogy. The obvious format that sprung to mind was.

1) Start in the American Revolution with an origins story. (Character in their twenties in 1775)
2) For the second game pop over to Paris with for the French Revolution (Character now in their thirties in 1789)
3) Third game covers the Napoleonic wars with London, Vienna and parts of Spain and Russia playable plus reused Paris (Characters now in fifties in 1812)

I was thus quite surprised that the game following ACIII was an apparently unrelated piratey jaunt, and that they have now done the French Revolution with yet another new character. I haven't played any of the recent ones so I don't know to what extent the stories are related, but I get the impression, not very.

So having failed miserably with predicting all that lot, I'll make more suggestions about how Ubisoft could structure another trilogy based on the Victorian setting.

1) Victorian London, not sure what the story is here. Great though a recreation of London would be, the Victorian era was surely fairly stable politically? The Luddites and Peterloo Massacres (which was in Manchester in any case) happened before Vicky took the throne. You have events like the Great Exhibition, the controversies over Darwin publishing the Origin of Species, the beginnings of Marxism and as others have said Jack the Ripper, but no real dramatic event to build a narrative around. Or am I missing something big here?
2) Hero travels to China. There's the First Opium War 1839-42 and then the Second one in 1856-62. The Taiping Heavenly Kingdom 1851?1864 and then Empress Cixi becoming the Empress Dowager in 1861 in a coup
3) Story set in India around Indian Mutiny/Great Rebellion in 1857.
4) In 1854 Commodore Perry sails into Tokyo and forces the Japanese to open their country to trade. In the next decade you have the civil war that leads to the Meiji restoration and the eventual end of the samurai way of life.

Unfortunately the dates don't quite work with the hero having to be in several places at once, but there is surely a chance to build a unified story out of the various conflicts between West and East during this period (I'm imagining the hero as being British but the British Empire/Army/East India Company being mainly composed of Templars).

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
We all knew that another Assassin's Creed game was in the works, and I have always wanted an AC game to be set in Victorian London, but for the love of god, give the series some breathing room. After AC:Unity (which is still broken), the series just needs a break so that they can get the games in a state worthy of releasing them. Unity has potential, but the game is covered in so many problems that it makes it hard for me to want to play it.

Hopefully they actually fix the game before releasing the next one this time (looking at you AC3).

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Krantos said:
tf2godz said:
Aerosteam said:
Get the fuck out. Europe... again?
The only two places this series have been in so far are Europe and North America. Ubisoft, you do know there are five other different continents, Right?
Well they can't put it in Australia. The Local fauna would kill the protagonist long before the templars could.
Nah, I reckon an AC: Australia edition could work. Jump across the four or five buildings clustered in one place, then run fifty miles through the fucking desert to get to the next location.

And instead of a hidden blade, the player can just hit X to glass the target.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
Great, another one is found out before Unity is even finished.

Well, maybe after this whole no face glitch issue they'll ensure that Victory is a little more polished.
However, I wouldn't mind seeing the queen of England without a face on my Canadian coins

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Yes, this was 'leaked'. It's totally not a distraction, desperately tryng to draw attention from the stigma of Unity. Heh.
I think it was sincerely leaked. I think they can't be so stupid to believe people already got over the bad press of Unity...
After all, the stigma of Unity is still too fresh. They even cancelled their future plans for DLC.
Even those that might be interested in Victorian London are still too sore because of the slugfest that was the previous game. No one is "yeah, more assassins creed", but "after the last one, forget it", which it the exact opposite direction that they would get from a distraction.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
AidoZonkey said:
Im up for a Victorian Assassins Creed, but good god Ubisoft next year? Unity was a broken beyond playability because you had to rush it out the door. It could have been a good game if you gave it time and effort and didn't lie through you teeth about why you it didn't run properly.

Give a rest for a year or two, make a real effort and for god sake learn how to optimize your games. I have a brand new PC that I spent good money on and it still struggled to play watch dogs
good to see im not the only one who has problems with watch dogs. got a brand new GPU that can handle the game but i set everything to low and the game was still freezing on me with some stuttering. surprisingly when i set everything to ultra, it ran fine besides the mentioned freezing. the game it self was fun but these problems are just beyond frustration.

noobiemcfoob

Mar 18, 2013
search_rip said:
"You know, why waste time giving you DLC for a failed product like Assassin's Creed: Unity if whe can use it later and sell it as a new game" sincerily Ubisoft :p
That's exactly how I would want Ubisoft to respond. If the product doesn't work as intended, doesn't reach the full audience, then no, don't bother with DLC for it. DLC is a curse on games anyway.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
So...instead of falling through the floor because of a glitch while screaming "Ah mon dieu!", we'll be falling through the floors while screaming "Cor Blimey!"?

GonvilleBromhead

Dec 19, 2010
I have been something of a vociferous supporter of this setting - nice and grim, nice tall chimney's to jump off and stab people in the face, trains, social change, haves and have nots, so I am cautiously optimistic. Especially as AC games seem to follow the "Star Trek Film" quality control system - avoid odd numbered ones.

That said, I'm not going to pre-order it. I'm not stupid. I'm not even going to buy Unity until the blighters fix it.

Incidentally, is it just me whose noticed that the stupid naming/numbering system may be intentional? After IV, we had Unity ("U" being rendered as "V" in Roman script - i.e. 5), then Victoria (VI - 6). That said, there aren't exactly many words that start "Vii" so they'll bugger themselves up at the seventh one...

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Micah Weil said:
So...instead of falling through the floor because of a glitch while screaming "Ah mon dieu!", we'll be falling through the floors while screaming "Cor Blimey!"?
Best thing I've read so far.

OT: Yea, I'd actually be really pumped for this, but next year? Take your damn time. If they give it a break, then it might actually be somewhat nice. With Bioshock Infinite they actually took their time and it turned out pretty damn good.

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
Zachary Amaranth said:
Haerthan said:
Apparently, EVERYONE is too hard to animate.
Oh yea. Everyone is too hard to animate, it is too hard to optimize their games. Only in the gaming industry can a company like Ubisoft survive.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Haerthan said:
Oh yea. Everyone is too hard to animate, it is too hard to optimize their games. Only in the gaming industry can a company like Ubisoft survive.
I don't know about that. Ever looked at the automotive industry? And when they can't make something work, people can die.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Vault101 said:
ok Assasins creed here's the deal

I'll pick up where I left off and play ALL of the games...ALL of them if you give me a full honest to god release of a game where I can play as a female assassin

K?

cool
You'd slog through all the bugs, all the spinning NPCs and falling through floors just for that alone?

OT: Get bums on seats in the QA derpartment, stop pooping out boring, clunky and homogenized games so often and just work on improving what you have, Ubisoft. Someone at that company needs to be really anal about releasing games in working order posterior to proper QA testing. No butts.

StormShaun said:
Yeah, no.
As we can see, this franchise is going down faster than a roller coastrer. Heck, I don't know how Ubisoft can do this better than the Call of Duty franchise. From the facts though, many people are noticing that far less people are buying these games, and pointing out the controversial issues.

Where the hell are the old Ubisoft, from when they did Assassins Creed 2?!
Well, they're probably dead in the cellar of the new regiment.

*sighs*

I'm ... I'm just done with Ubisoft at this point.
When they make a Assassins Creed with a Japanese setting, then one of my ears will hear them ... barely.
I wanna see one in China, preferably voiced by someone who doesn't speak English as their first language in a US accent. DAmn this "iconic franchise" approach. Where's the art?

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
hermes200 said:
FalloutJack said:
I think it was sincerely leaked. I think they can't be so stupid to believe people already got over the bad press of Unity...
After all, the stigma of Unity is still too fresh. They even cancelled their future plans for DLC.
Even those that might be interested in Victorian London are still too sore because of the slugfest that was the previous game. No one is "yeah, more assassins creed", but "after the last one, forget it", which it the exact opposite direction that they would get from a distraction.
Ubisoft said they would rework their review emargo policy after all the backlash from Unity.

Less than a week later, they announced they would not be sending out review copies of The Crew before launch

"They can't be so stupid," is a statement no longer worthy of being said about Ubisoft.

Incomer

Sep 15, 2009
Fulbert said:
Hairless Mammoth said:
So have any of the bugs been leaked yet? Or are we going to have to sit in suspense until after the review embargoes are over next year?
tf2godz said:
Aerosteam said:
Get the fuck out. Europe... again?
The only two places this series have been in so far are Europe and North America. Ubisoft, you do know there are five other different continents, Right?
I'd love to see them make an AC set in Antarctica.
The parkour in that one might be a tad boring. I mean, even more boring than it is now.
Beacause running around wooden huts in Africa would be so much better :D

Hmm Asia could be fun as they would have to make the bamboo free run engine for the obligatory bamboo forrest boss fight.