ATI CARD ROUNDUP

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
They're cost-effective as well. Just leave open your PC case and it'll double as a space heater!

Aug 31, 2012
TopazFusion said:
Oh wow, this won't rustle people's jimmies at all!

Also, I bet you were tempted to drop another penis joke into this strip somewhere.
They did, it's just too small to see with the naked eye. Hurr hurr.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
In addition to that, their CPUs can heat up your house on those cold winter nights.

EDIT: I just realized you called them ATI. Why not AMD?

Silence

Living undeath to the fullest
Legacy
Sep 21, 2014
Country
Germany
HEY!

nah, I lol'd. At least consoles have less performance.

ForumSafari

Sep 25, 2012
Meh, in the budget to medium range (£100 to £200) manufacturer scarcely matters. Just go to some gamer site and buy whatever has the longest bars on the chart.

Under_your_bed

Sep 15, 2012

That's a burn you can normally only get from a card that's "meant" to be running at 95 degrees Celsius!

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Meanwhile, us console peasants have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
Hey, I live in a cold country and happen to like having two graphic cards running at 90°C. I don't have to run any additional heating in my home, I even keep a door or window open to keep the room temperature down ^_^

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
You know I don't think I'm ever going to be able to get into custom built PCs. Too much hassle and I am far too lazy. The day I finally trade in my mac I'll just buy a laptop with decent specs.

drkchmst

Mar 28, 2010
Ouch that hurts. I do really like AMD CPUs over Intel for the sole fact that for the price of a low end Intel chip I can get the top of the top end chip from AMD. As far as GPU though, I haven't taken the time to learn about AMD GPUs so I stick with what I know.

Equal opportunity hate please.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
bahaha. Give it a few years and it'll all reverse again.
Just like it has been doing on and off for the last 15 years or so...

Doom972 said:
In addition to that, their CPUs can heat up your house on those cold winter nights.

EDIT: I just realized you called them ATI. Why not AMD?
I've had ATI cards in my system so long I call them that out of force of habit. Just feels absurdly weird calling them anything else.

That heat stuff is also unbelievably ironic, and again shows how much things change.

I still have a 5770 in use. At the time of it's release it had the lowest idle temperature of any graphics card in it's class, and the lowest temperature/performance ratio (and best cost/performance ratio) of anything that existed at the time.

Of course, if you go back even further you find a time when ATI cards were so terrible nobody wanted them anywhere near their computers...

There were also several years running (from about 2006) where the highest performance cards were always ATI cards, and NVIDIA struggled to ever win out over them...

Things just go round and round in circles.

Though I guess nothing quite matches a Titan in terms of price tag, so if that's something to brag about... Sure. XD

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
If you're really lucky, you might even get correctly-working drivers!

P.S. Thanks

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Looks like I've been relying too heavily on my friend from IBM for computer-related stuff. All the recent jokes have been flying way over my head.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
erttheking said:
You know I don't think I'm ever going to be able to get into custom built PCs. Too much hassle and I am far too lazy. The day I finally trade in my mac I'll just buy a laptop with decent specs.
Buy a desktop with decent specs. That's what I did. You usually get a lot more bang for your buck with desktops and you can upgrade the graphics card 2-3 years down the line.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
"Oh! I just realized! This month I don't have enough money to support your Patreon." - ATI card users

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
CaitSeith said:
"Oh! I just realized! This month I don't have enough money to support your Patreon." - ATI card users
Maybe the goal is to sink the Critical Miss ship by burning all readers bit by bit in order to elevate readership of their Patreon comic? Wouldn't that be a hilariously devious bit of PR?

Joking aside, everyone gets the burn when it comes to Critical Miss. At least they're equal opportunity burners. I'm sure the Patreon supporters know that this is how they operate. It has just been a bit much lately, but Critical Miss goes through waves of stuff like this.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
As a poor person who uses a Radeon card (a really old one that sorely needs to be replaced but I'm too poor to do so), I'm offended!

And this is in no way related to the fact that I don't have a five-foot-long twin-shafted dongle.