Atkinson Expects "Criminal Activities" From Gamers4Croydon

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee atkinson is looking for a punch in the head , i hope yahtzee would run for australia's gov or at least tell atkinson to shut the fuck up ... the last idea is probably more yahtzee style

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
"I assume the Gamers4Croydon campaign will involve criminal activities and dirty tricks, which is what I've come to expect from gamers,"
This man makes me angry at his blanket, ignorant assumptions every time he opens his mouth. I only wish I was part of his constituency so I could vote against him every time he's up for re-election.

As for this new party, I don't see them gaining any steam this time around, maybe when the next election season for Atkinson's seat comes around they will have a better chance...if we're lucky Atkinson might die of old age before then (Go the way of Ted Kennedy just this time its more convenient eh wot?)

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
I don't see how this is any different from racism.

Man, this guy makes me angry enough to want to stab him. With a fork. And I tell you now, that's pretty fucking angry.

Marsell

Nov 20, 2008
The Americans have foiled Jack Thompson,
It is time for austrailians to shut down Atkinson.

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
Goddamn, I hope they kick Atkinson's ass so hard that his rectum comes out of his mouth.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
After two decades in office I doubt he ever once used a dirty trick or did anything illegal .

That said my problem with Gamers4Croydon is that it has even less substance behind it than the Obama campaign (which was successful though). Basically what they are doing is campaigning based on a single issue and a dislike of Atkinson. Sort of like the whole "Not Bush" aspect of the Obama campaign which actually turned into a major focus. Obama on the other hand did have a couple of platforms, and a whole administration ready to support him in doing the job of running the country. Irregardless of what I thought of him, and what he stood for, I had no doubt he could you know... run the country... even if I didn't agree with what he did with it. The problem with Gamers4Croydon is that they might very well resolve THAT issue, but otherwise how else are they goind to do the actual JOB they are trying to get. I mean they do absorb some responsibilities after this. Atkinson does more than act like a jerk on ratings issues.

Still, it is nice to see someone doing something. I've been waiting to see this for a while. Of course the big problem is that it doesn't have any money or anything behind it, which is why I had been saying the gaming industry itself had to be involved in order to finance things like advertising, travel, picket signs, and other things to get an opposition/cantidate going.

To an extent I can see Atkinson's perspective here, as much as I like their issue, I can't see these guys as a serious threat. Of course when he talks about dirty tricks and criminal activities, I think that's offensive on a lot of levels, but also misses the point that these guys don't have the resources to play at that level from what I can see. It's not like they can finance trying to rig the election even if they wanted to given that they can't even afford radio and TV.

Warstratigier

Mar 28, 2009
ThePostalDude said:
The Americans have foiled Jack Thompson,
It is time for austrailians to shut down Atkinson.
Actually when I think about it...Jack Thompson was foiled by Jack Thompson.

Atkinson will follow suite if he continues in belittling people. Perhaps he may even insult the wrong people in the end just like Jack Thompson.

urglen

Nov 23, 2009
I really wish i could get into the minds of these people(Atkinson, Thompson) just to see where there skewed visions of gamers stems from.

I know I'm tired of being labelled a criminal or future rapist/murder by the likes of them for doing nothing more than enjoying my hobby.

Felgy76

Oct 29, 2008

Attorney General, and (ex)attorney-at-law.
This is getting spooky.
Where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
I really hope these guys succeed. It's good to see someone in Australia combat this asshole.

"Personally, I see no evidence of local support for their party."
Odd, I could have sworn Atkinson just got his his inbox flooded by the 'support' a few weeks ago when somebody posted his e-mail address on a popular website. So how can he say there's no evidence for support?

Halceon

Jan 31, 2009
Mister Atkinson has clearly made the grave error of underestimating the internet as an informational platform. It's quite improbable that the G4C will de-seat him in this election, but the success of the pirate party is proof enough, that it is possible. And moreso, the pirate party's success directly benefits G4C by providing credibility.

Lunar Shadow

Dec 9, 2008
Felgy76 said:

This is getting spooky.
NOte to self: Crazy anti-game people have horrendous teeth.

Eekaida

Jan 13, 2010
Wow, the more I hear about this guy, the more crazy he seems. What's his problem with gamers? Was his dog killed by an Xbox? Did his wife run off with a Dreamcube?

Sounds like a good candidate for the Monster Raving Looney Party

Noone From Nowhere

Feb 20, 2009
One can not use FAQs and cheat codes in politics, so I don't see what Atkinson is worried about.
Honestly, though, I don't know why the Gamers4Croydon haven't tried to get Ben Crowshaw to be their candidate.
What, is he too busy making that mad Maddox money with his book and Zero Punctuation to be bothered with politics?

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
Newgate said:
"I assume the Gamers4Croydon campaign will involve criminal activities and dirty tricks, which is what I've come to expect from gamers,"

Uhh I need some help here. What gave him the idea gamers are mostly criminals?
Indeed. Only dirty tricks I see here are from you Atkinson. Rather than focusing on specific issues, which is your job, you start an immediate hate campaign against a (from what I have heard) perfectly peaceful, legitimate and morally upright political party, because they have the nerve to disagree with your point of view.

You no longer represent the people so, according to my understanding of Australia policies, you are in violation of the law. Either re-evaluate what you think the majority want, or leave.

TitsMcGee1804

Dec 24, 2008
good for you croydon, you dont like the way the country is run, then stand up and make a stand

it would be sweet if every single australian ganged up and took him on

Felgy76

Oct 29, 2008
TexaNigerian said:
One can not use FAQs and cheat codes in politics, so I don't see what Atkinson is worried about.
Honestly, though, I don't know why the Gamers4Croydon haven't tried to get Ben Crowshaw to be their candidate.
What, is he too busy making that mad Maddox money with his book and Zero Punctuation to be bothered with politics?
More like busy being 2000 kilometers away and living in a different state.

TitsMcGee1804 said:
good for you croydon, you dont like the way the country is run, then stand up and make a stand

it would be sweet if every single australian ganged up and took him on
Adelaide raid 8pm GMT+10, Australia server. All lvls welcome.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Felgy76 said:

This is getting spooky.
Ew, what the hell is wrong with their teeth?

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Newgate said:

Uhh I need some help here. What gave him the idea gamers are mostly criminals?
We all know Super Mario Galaxy is really all about smuggling drugs from planet to planet in an illegal fashion. corrupting us from the inside making us all criminals... even the most innocent of games are out to destroy society.

OT: I wish them the best of luck, I really feel bad for my Australian gaming brethren for having to put up with him and I hope that he falls...

[sub]...into a bucket full of razor blades and salt[/sub]

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Sounds like our Jedi mind tricks won't work on this guy!

DAMNIT! *Goes back to the drawing board...*

edit:

I feel so sorry for Australia's gamers :(