Atlus Teases Gamers With First English-Language CatherineTrailer

shadowmagus

Feb 2, 2011
Alright, I must be missing the hype on this game. Why is everyone flipping so much over this game. I mean, sure it looks just plain weird and that's great but people seem to be jumping all over the place over this game. Someone explain please?

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
mireko said:
Oh god! The longer I stare at that picture the more it feels like its moving towards me, it may just be the effects of the music. God I hope they release the OST with the game like they did with P4. Shoji Meguo (i think thats his name) is an excellent composer and really hits all the right notes with his stuff. I still listen to all the Persona soundtracks and have them all on my IPod.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
The next Catherine related thing better be a European release date... Godammit

RabbidKuriboh

Sep 19, 2010
wh-what did i just experience?

as far as i can tell its an Atlus game which means no release in Europe, shame, it looked interesting to say the least

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Hooray! Too bad I still won't be able to get it.

Being poor sucks. :'[

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
therandombear said:
*Insert Want this in Europe aswell*
I do hope however that they keep the Japanese voices, or the option to turn Japanese voices on with English subtitles...

Heard no talking in this trailer, so don't know if they are going to dub it or just sub it....better be subbed.
It probably wont get subbed but I've read that Vincent is going to be voiced by Troy Baker, who voiced Kanji in Persona 4 so you know he's gonna do an awesome job. Plus this is Altus and they've always done a great job localizing games.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
I so can't wait for this game! ^^ That looks really, really good.

I mean, just watching that, it's like Persona 4 (with an art-makeover by Cowboy Bebop) had a love-child with Silent Hill 2. And then the child was raised by Sheep-men.

Thank you, Atlus! Thank you. ^^

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
shadowmagus said:
Alright, I must be missing the hype on this game. Why is everyone flipping so much over this game. I mean, sure it looks just plain weird and that's great but people seem to be jumping all over the place over this game. Someone explain please?
Have you played any of the Persona games? Particularly Persona 4? This looks like a heavy dose of that sort of writing, but with characters more mature than high-school kids, and a psychological element added.

Basically, the game looks like a total brain-fuck. And to fans of brain-fuck, that is a good thing.