Atomic Boss Calls Out Kotick Over Bungie Comment

Javex

Mar 15, 2010
I.E.D. said:
Bobby Kotick needs to shut the fuck up.

If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Bobby Kotick, Bin Laden and Adolf Hitler, I'd shoot Bobby twice.
I rofled when I read this!

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
lol nice one Tamte XD

i highly dough lightening will strike twice for Bungie under activision.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
If that image was slightly higher resolution. It would be my desktop background, forever.

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
coldalarm said:
Frostbite3789 said:
Yeah, y'know Bungie that dev that has created the same game 6 times is the last great independent dev in the entire world. Bobby Kotick stars as: Thinks Before He Speaks Man!
Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo: ODST, Halo: Reach.

I make 5, how do you get six? And not to mention Halo 1 and Halo 2 are quite different, and again, there's a fair difference between 2 and 3.
i think he counted Halo wars .... but that was made by Ensemble Studios.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I.E.D. said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Bobby Kotick, Bin Laden and Adolf Hitler, I'd shoot Bobby twice.
I would shoot him twice then continue to beat him with the empty gun.

MmmFiber

Apr 19, 2009
The only thing that bobby said that roused my disdain was lumping Blizzard in with Activision. CoD is really popular but not enough to call Activision the ultimate in online gaming. I'd go with Valve or Blizzard for that title. Still not exactly sure why Blizzard joined with Activision.

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
I.E.D. said:

Thats pathetic. You'd rather kill a guy who is a prick to gamers then 2 mass murders?

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
The Rookie Gamer said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
I.E.D. said:

Thats pathetic. You'd rather kill a guy who is a prick to gamers then 2 mass murders?
I think you need to learn what a joke is. just a thought.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
Peter Tante Needs to shut up before Kotick does what he asks. We all know how darth bobby's head works and how raging his hard on is for chopping up games and selling them at max prices to consumers.

Shit before you know it acti blizzard games will look like this. A single player game, a multiplayer game, the cinimatics on a separate dvd, and the soundtrack on a cd, each sold separately at full price, all before dlc comes that could have been in the game.

39-59.99 X 2 + 24.99+ 14.99 you can buy what used to be called a whole game for the low low price of 160 bucks pretax, the screams of the australian game buyers for what they'd have to pay come for free. Unless kotic states otherwise

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
The Rookie Gamer said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
I.E.D. said:

Sorry for my mistake, but after seeing many a rage post about what somebody would want to do to Kotic, it's hard to tell if your joking, because an awful lot of people aren't in their rage fantasys.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
The Rookie Gamer said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
The Rookie Gamer said:
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
I.E.D. said:

Sorry for my mistake, but after seeing many a rage post about what somebody would want to do to Kotic, it's hard to tell if your joking, because an awful lot of people aren't in their rage fantasys.
ok ill answer the if i had a gun and 2 bullets question seriously bobby and bin laden, because hitler was an evil man but he was an idiot who in the end shot him self not to mention killing him would screw up the time line.... yeah im not gona be responceible for that.

OT: ok first thing activision should do fire bobby. second thing put the CEO of Blizzard in charge (they are merged but both have seprete CEOs but share a chairman). finaly they should desolve activision into Blizzard and make the whole world happy:)

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
ArmorArmadillo said:
"Gears of War. Portal. Borderlands. None of these games re-hashes the same old formulas. They innovate. And, they're made by independent developers, of course."
Mainstream dreck, innovation, mainstream dreck. Well, it's not all innovation, but at least it's an innovation sandwich.

Edit: Actually, although I almost instinctively think of Portal as innovative, it may not really be that innovative. It has a cool mechanic, but it's a relatively formulaic puzzle platformer that just happens to be very well made and written extremely well.

People should probably stop using the term innovation as though it were just a synonym for good...it means taking things in a new direction.
Well the cool new mechanic is definitely innovation, I've never seen anything similar to a portal gun effect before that.

That message sounds more like "buy my company" than anything else though :\

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
ArmorArmadillo said:
"Gears of War. Portal. Borderlands. None of these games re-hashes the same old formulas. They innovate. And, they're made by independent developers, of course."
Mainstream dreck, innovation, mainstream dreck. Well, it's not all innovation, but at least it's an innovation sandwich.

Edit: Actually, although I almost instinctively think of Portal as innovative, it may not really be that innovative. It has a cool mechanic, but it's a relatively formulaic puzzle platformer that just happens to be very well made and written extremely well.

People should probably stop using the term innovation as though it were just a synonym for good...it means taking things in a new direction.
Maybe you should do some research before you call a game "mainstream dreck"? Gears of War did innovate. You know all those cover based shooting mechanics that games love to have these days? Do you want to know who did that first and who everyone else is trying to emulate in their game? That's right, Gears of War. Just because it became super popular because it's really good doesn't erase any credits it gets for innovation. It innovated no matter how much you hate it for becoming popular.

ArmorArmadillo

Mar 31, 2010
mjc0961 said:
ArmorArmadillo said:

Maybe you should do some research before you call a game "mainstream dreck"? Gears of War did innovate. You know all those cover based shooting mechanics that games love to have these days? Do you want to know who did that first and who everyone else is trying to emulate in their game? That's right, Gears of War. Just because it became super popular because it's really good doesn't erase any credits it gets for innovation. It innovated no matter how much you hate it for becoming popular.
Cover based shooting isn't really innovative, it was really just putting a button to what was already core to FPS.

And I don't hate it for being popular, I hate it for being written by a 13 year old with delusional spess mahreen fantasies and for long stretches of repetitive gameplay.

MR.Spartacus

Jul 7, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Well, it's ALMOST enough to make me buy Breach, but it's Mirror's Edge fixed the entirely wrong way.

EDIT: Wait, that's Brink... What on earth is Breach?
I was thinking exactly that. Makes sense that he'd try to get attention for a game that seems more than a bit obscure.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
ArmorArmadillo said:

in no va tion [in-uh-vey-shuhn]
?noun
something new or different introduced: numerous innovations in the high-school curriculum.
the act of innovating; introduction of new things or methods.

Gears of War innovated the 3rd person shooter genre with the streamlined cover system.
Portal innovated on how puzzle games can be approached, and gave us the portal gun.
Borderlands innovated on artstyle and meshed the FPS with RPG-like looting.

Whether they're "good" or not is debatable, but they each had their own impact on the industry (Not so much Borderlands, but you get my point).

As for Breach, I've barely heard of it and it looks like a standard online shooter, not innovating on anything (har d har). I really don't get why they're hyping up a downloadable shooter so much.