Autistic UK Hacker faces being shipped out to the US.

Zirat

May 16, 2009
He hacked into 97 NASA and U.S. Navy computers. This should recquire a legal response of some kind from America because it was their Goverment computers that were hacked into, not Britains. Which fits into Extradition Laws set by the U.S. so I dont see what all the fuss is about. He willingly and knowingly hacked into those computers, mental disorder or not he deserves what will happen to him.

And as for the sentence I doubt it would be over 60 Years but who knows. People are jumpy about these things today and the Judge might not be so forgiving.

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
I wonder if we should just turn this into a Britain versues America thread. Clearly, the extradition is unreasonable. The 'crime', was commited on the soil of the United Kingdom, and, as such, should be prosecuted by the CPS and Her Majesty's judicary. Could anyone cite why that should not be the case?

I Stomp on Kittens

Don't let go!
Nov 3, 2008
barryween said:
Mentally underdeveloped or not, he has no right to hack into the US governments computers, no matter what he was looking for. He could have dangerous files and be a threat to us and even if he DOES have Asperger's syndrome he should know better. So I think the US is doing something that needs to be done, I mean, he could have done some major damage had he wanted to.
I agree

TickleMeGaryG

Aug 2, 2009
HG131 said:
Fondant said:
I wonder if we should just turn this into a Britain versues America thread. Clearly, the extradition is unreasonable. The 'crime', was commited on the soil of the United Kingdom, and, as such, should be prosecuted by the CPS and Her Majesty's judicary. Could anyone cite why that should not be the case?
He hacked our systems, and your courts would let him off with a slap on the wrist.
And yours would do the very best to give him the worst possible fate because of the embarrasement of being hacked.

DarkLordofDevon

May 11, 2008
To be honest, if a 43 year old nerd with Asperger's Syndrome can hack into American military files, I would be less concerned with the man in question, and more with the fact that it is possible for a 43 year old nerd with Asperger's Syndrome to hack government computers.

If anything they should be thanking this man. Imagine if a terrorist had hacked the system. By exposing this flaw in security he may have saved lives. He should be a hero to the American people. And they want to lock him up for 60 years?
Excessive much.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
HG131 said:
Fondant said:
He hacked our systems, and your courts would let him off with a slap on the wrist.
And what would your courts do? Throw a man in jail for sixty years because he pointed out that your government is running shitty system with bog all protections? You should be throwing him a parade. Better to have some crazy conspiracy theorist asperger's sufferer point out the fact that your security is wank than an actual cyber terrorist.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
Leaving him to rot in a foreign prison is the absolute worst thing they could do to him, it is completely unreasonable whichever way you look at it.

And shame on you people who say that this is just.

And fuck it, the guy is obviously a genius, someone hire him!

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
HG131 said:
TickleMeGaryG said:
HG131 said:
Fondant said:
And yours would do the very best to give him the worst possible fate because of the embarrasement of being hacked.
So? It's 1 person out of 6 Billion. Also, he probably found something about aliens, and that is why they want him. I could care less either way.
One person out of six billion who happens to be a citizen of Her Majesty's Isles. Remember that fact, for I suspect it will very soon come back to bite you on your [expurgated for xenophobia].

Droa

Aug 1, 2009
its bollocks, just cos america doesnt want to loose face that sum guy with a mental problem was able to hack into such important places. Nice relationship we have with america aint it, were a bloody haven for every terorist out their and keep in the pedos, murderers etc over human rights issues, YET sum guy with no ill intent manages to do this just to look for UFO's and his he gets left out to the dogs, sure way to go for his rights eh? its a joke.

and can no one see how useful he could be, he is a amazing comp wiz and could upgrade all the defences or sumthing, help ugrade whatever is needed, yet he would b put in prison, its just pathetic.

sorry for the rant.

TickleMeGaryG

Aug 2, 2009
HG131 said:
TickleMeGaryG said:
America would rather lock this man away than benefit from what he knows?
How could we benefit from someone who knows the truth about aliens? I would want him to revel the truth, but still, why hire him? He can't control his impulses. That is not good.
Are you trying to avoid the obvious? If he can hack the systems, surely you'd benefit from knowing how he did it and then plugging it.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
I like the US mostly because of the rights.
*gigglesnort*

Edit so I don't get banned: Seriously? The rights? My dear, you're certainly wearing your rose tinted glasses a good workout tonight aren't you?

barryween

Apr 17, 2008
firedfns13 said:
barryween said:
Mentally underdeveloped or not, he has no right to hack into the US governments computers, no matter what he was looking for. He could have dangerous files and be a threat to us and even if he DOES have Asperger's syndrome he should know better. So I think the US is doing something that needs to be done, I mean, he could have done some major damage had he wanted to.
Being mentally handicapped doesn't give someone the right to rob a bank, so why is looking at government documents any different?
yes Yes YES!!!
I agree. I hate when people try to claim it was the mental disabilities fault, not the persons fault. The laws the law, people!
B T A M R D said:
barryween said:
I agree
Thank you. I hate how these people are like "BUT HEZ GUUD AMURICA JUS DONT WANNA LUZE FACE!!!"
People.
He hacked into the US governments' computers.
The computers that hold top secret information on highly sensitive stuff!
That is VERY illegal and basically anyone who is coherent knows that.
Don't even give me that "It's not his fault" shit. The Asperger's has NOTHING to do with it.
If he weren't mentally challenged you would all be saying "SEND HIM OVER TO AMERICA! THEY CAN GIVE HIM HELL!" and if he were living in the USA and did this to the UK government computers you all would be saying "SEND HIM OVER HERE! WE'LL GIVE HIM HELL!"

TickleMeGaryG

Aug 2, 2009
barryween said:
firedfns13 said:
barryween said:
Being mentally handicapped doesn't give someone the right to rob a bank, so why is looking at government documents any different?
yes Yes YES!!!
I agree. I hate when people try to claim it was the mental disabilities fault, not the persons fault. The laws the law, people!
Mental handicaps do not give anyone the right to break the law, but when that handicap causes them to not be able to stop, that is when it should be taken into consideration.