twistedshadows

Apr 26, 2009
I honestly don't care if people use their own photos unless they're using it for the sake of gaining attention.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Because I'm a handsome devil, I am. Just check out my frizzy hair and pink cigarette. I took this picture with my tripod, can do you tell? Maybe I'll make a series of short episodes where I hang out with my friends in a junker of a spaceship and hunt criminals. I think the viewing public would really go for that.

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
i dont think that im allowed to have a photo of myself as an avatar, since my parents are paranoid...

so i would put up one of myself, but have to make do with a drawing of a piratiod cat that i drew when i was bored.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
I Don't know what you're talking about....

*looks to the left*

Oh right....
Well, its me, it really is. Very similar to the hair I had at the time, The clothing top is something I would wear and would if it had not sold out prior to me attempting to buy it. (Damn Topman) The glasses, which you cannot see are just the same as ones I currently wear. And the way he's doing the swirling thing is just me through and through, I have a crazy and fun loving personality like that.

Labyrinth

Escapist Points: 9001
Oct 14, 2007
It's because I'm sexy. You see that classic profile? The elegant curve to the bowler, the silken hair? God, who wouldn't want my face on their avatar? Okay, I'll admit it, I just want to be recognised! Can you imagine someone walking up to you in the street and going "Hey, you're that amazing chick of that fantastic forum! I wish to shake you by the hand!" as an ego boost?

Sarcastic egotism aside it's a way of making my posts personal. It's me saying them. Here is my smiling face to associate with the ideas I have. I also really like the picture. Other people probably have much the same reason as I do.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Mine is me.
Well its what I looked like when I drew it.
Then I came to your world and had to grow a mouth, speech bubbles dont work here :(

Theres a pic thing in your profile for pictures, I wouldn't like using an actual photo of myself because id want to change it alot.
That would be fine in a small forum of people you actually know, but in big public things changing your avatar means people forget its you that said what you said pre-avatar change.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
why others do it i don't know, but honestly, i'm sick of being assumed as a guy and well a photo of me hopefully shows that i'm not. even though my photo is my love and i right now......

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
I have no good photos >.<

As for your question, I guess because people are proud of their real life self? I don't know, I wouldn't mind putting a real life photo in my profile, if I had any good ones and weren't lazy. Who knows, maybe next time.

Well, my avatar isn't thaaaat far away from what I look like, if I had black hair, an orange hat and a flaming finger...

Mar 17, 2009
I'm too lazy and technologically retarded to actually upload and resize a pic of myself.

Also, Tyler Durden is awesome. If you don't think so too then you should swallow a bullet.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
The Escapist is my only refuge of anonymity, I'm not giving that up damn it, I can't get away from "friends" anywhere else even on the internet (curses Facebook, twitter ect.) and if someone I knew found here as well I'd have to start killing people. Again.

Zac_Dai

Oct 21, 2008
Mines just a fish because it literally was the first image that I had within size range and people generally don't read posts without avatars.

I could put up a real photo of myself as I'm not a bad looking guy and I'm not bothered about anonymity.

Most girls generally do though as they need confirmation that they are attractive and its easy to get complements on forums this way. I'm not saying that in a nasty way either, I'm not being judgemental, we all need to get those confidence boosts some how.

Gxas said:
My avatar is a picture of me because I like it that way. Why do I need a reason?
When ever I see your avatar I can't help but think of the line "I TERRORIZE j00!!" and imagine you making people cry on MMOs (its a compliment).