AWESOME ENDINGS

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
My favorite endings would be:

It starts out the way the game began, but this time the Captain of the North Wind rescues you before you fall into the hole in the ice. For some reason this gets to me, I can't explain it. The Captain's little speech was nice, too.

The good ending, don't think I need to explain this one

Baby Eater

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Aug 27, 2009
am i the only one that thinks the metal gear solid series has freaking schweet endings? especially 4 that wrapped up everything in a long bow. so emotional to.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Final Fantasy 7 had a decent mini-twist to its ending cinematic. Best part of it is that after it's revealed, there are only like two brief lines left in the game. Though I admit first time I watched it I had little idea what was going on.

Braid had one of the most incredible endings I can remember. It's the sort of "tragic hero" thing, but starring you, rather than "your avatar".

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Basically all the endings possible have awesome in their title. However, I prefer the Camarilla ending.

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
The ending of the Marine in CoD4
the nuke in the city... did I really need a spoiler tag for this? It's been 2 fucking years

And the ending of The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissuo
"I wonder if he remembers me"

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
The ending to a darkling plain, man that was sweet. Also the ending to Gran Torino.

findler

Jun 19, 2009
zombiejoe said:
What are your favorite endings? They can be from tv shows, movies, video games, I don't care.
SPOILERS:

I really like the ending for the mist. The main character escapes the grocery store in a car with his kid, the girl, and the old couple. The car runs out of gas and they decide they will kill themselfs with a gun in the car. But it only has enouph bullets to kill four of them. So the dad kills everyone and can't kill himself. So he exits the car into the mist only to find it clearing up and the army is killing off the monsters. The people from the grocery store are scene in a truck going down the rode. And the dad bends down crying as soldiers watch.

note: I don't know how to make spoiler tabs, can some one tell me?
I just saw that movie the other day too haha. Such a predictable ending. Still gave me a good laugh for the Tom Jane fail at life.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
The ending of Let the right one in (the movie).

The scene where they tell oskar to stay underwater for 5 minutes or they will cut out his eye.

Then you see it from under the water when their arms are being thrown in and it gets filled with blood.

it's good because since the ones who gets killed are just a bunch of 15 year old bullies, you get to decide yourself if they deserved it or not.

NotAProdigy

Sep 10, 2009
Code Geass pulled a fast one on me. Made LeLouch as the Villain Protagonist into a dynamic Anti-Hero//Byronic Hero.

Grand Tornio was also awesome, even though the car wasn't even that pretty imo, harhar.

NicolasMarinus

Sep 21, 2009
Requiem for a dream!

I've never been able to see it a second time because of the ending. Kick in the nuggets.

ThePeaceFrog

Oct 18, 2008
Heart of Darkness - 'THE HORROR...The Horror...the horror'

'the Spy cho came in from the Cold' -
Falling off the Berlin Wall, riddled with bullets knowing that your girl-friend is already dead and that you have been set up by the man you had risked your life to save.

Dr Strangelove -
Total nuclear annihilation and the growing fear of an Easy-West Mine-Shaft race between the survivor's (if any)

A Brave New World -
The 'savage' hanging himself because of the true realities of this 'Brave New World'

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
I'm gonna get killed for this, but I really liked the ending for Thief: Deadly Shadows. Maybe it was just because I was on an adrenaline high after sitting white knuckled through the game, but I liked the way it brought everything back. Also Garret's sardonic smirk, drawl and the music all seem to just flow together.

Next, Wing Commander 3. It just seemed great that they brought the series to a good close with peace being declared. After all, I'd been blasting Kilrathi out of space since WC 1 and all iterations in between and it truly felt like I'd been part of this huge interstellar war. Also, I steadfastly refused the entire romance subplot. C'mon, I'm the best damn pilot in the galaxy, I ain't got time for no relationship.

Finally, Mass Effect, simply because it's the only game ending where I went "OMIGOD NOOOO! I'M DEAD!" despite knowing that there would be a sequel and that The Shepard was going to survive. Then when he finally jumps out from the rubble and the soundtrack gets EPIC I was literally going "HELLS YEAH B*TCHES!". Now THAT'S immersion.

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
InFamous. That was one of the most revealing endings ever that completely surprised me.

The ending of the new Prince of Persia was also quite enjoyable and not that cliché.

And I know I'm going to get smacked for this, but I enjoyed the endings of Metal Gear Solid 3 and 4.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
god of war 1 & 2
matrix (first one)
dead space
bioshock (cheating as its in the middle not the end, you know what i mean, best story twist ever! im not saying what it is but seriously play bioshock if you havnt)

Vaar

Aug 21, 2009
Final Fantasy X ending was best I'v seen in a game i guess,

And Dark knight was pretty smooth. It actually Showed just why he's the 'dark' knight.