[back to gaming] What are you playing now?

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Recently I've been playing a fair amount of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on my Wii U, after being introduced to the series by a friend. I've had a lot of fun learning how the game works and experiencing the satisfaction that comes from bringing down a hulking beast using careful weapon application and strategy. I decided to go with Light Bowguns for my first playthrough, with hoping to move up to Heavy Bowguns at some point.

Been having a great time so far!

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
LoL, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, and just got enough badass ranks in BL2 to maybe finally do the reset and stop caring about the for a little while.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Im splitting my time between Dark Souls 2, The Banner Saga, and Call of Duty Black Ops (yes the first one) Zombies mode

I bought a lot of games recently ...

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
Sunless Sea.

If you like roleplaying, and don't mind doing a LOT of reading, it's a game where you play as sea captain in a HP Lovecraftian setting where most of London has sunken into the sea. Exploration is a major feature. You have to venture out into the unknown, discovering islands with towns which you can explore. However, it is done through a chain of events that you click through text-adventure style, rather than having you control an actual character. When you leave port, you must make sure you have enough fuel and supplies to get back to port safely, or you'll end up stranded, or have your crew eat each other in a hungry frenzy. The further out you venture, the greater the potential for discoveries and rewards that can earn you plenty of cash to outfit your boat or recruit new crew members. Still, thanks to permadeath, it's pretty tense when greed has led you far out to sea and you're starting to run low on fuel or supplies, or your hull is severely damaged from repeated pirate/sea monster attacks.

Anyway, Total Biscuit covered it recently. His explanation should give you a better idea of whether or not it is for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2n4LxW2RbM

Randoman01

Apr 19, 2013
subskipper said:
Elite: Dangerous. I love this game. I'm not sure I will ever get anything done once all features are in place. Hopping between systems doing a few trade runs is relaxing and just plain fun. Really looking forward to trying out exploration once that is in. Other than that I've just started on Baldurs Gate on the iPad. Works quote well from what I've seen soo far.

Im interested in playing this game. Since I am a fan of space flight games like X3 and Freelancer.

I just beat Far Cry 4. So I finished that. I just got Battlefield 4 and Shadow of Mordor for the PS4.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Recently finished Just Cause 2 and decided I'm going to play Lego Harry Potter for a while.

For a couple more days anyway, then I'm going jump back into Kerbal Space Program(which I haven't played a year and a half). If nobody hears for me for a month, I'm still playing KSP.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
sageoftruth said:
Sunless Sea.

If you like roleplaying, and don't mind doing a LOT of reading, it's a game where you play as sea captain in a HP Lovecraftian setting where most of London has sunken into the sea. Exploration is a major feature. You have to venture out into the unknown, discovering islands with towns which you can explore. However, it is done through a chain of events that you click through text-adventure style, rather than having you control an actual character. When you leave port, you must make sure you have enough fuel and supplies to get back to port safely, or you'll end up stranded, or have your crew eat each other in a hungry frenzy. The further out you venture, the greater the potential for discoveries and rewards that can earn you plenty of cash to outfit your boat or recruit new crew members. Still, thanks to permadeath, it's pretty tense when greed has led you far out to sea and you're starting to run low on fuel or supplies, or your hull is severely damaged from repeated pirate/sea monster attacks.

Anyway, Total Biscuit covered it recently. His explanation should give you a better idea of whether or not it is for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2n4LxW2RbM
I've been following that for a while and I really love the idea. It sounds like it is living up to it's potential.

Michel Henzel

Just call me God
May 13, 2014
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 on the PC, I'm doing my second play through right now after having finished it yesterday. I missed out on a lot of stuff the first time round, so that's why I'm doing a second run right after. Apparently there was some stuff you had to get before certain chapters or you could not get them at all.

Dec 10, 2012
I just finished The Wolf Among Us. It was terrific. It's been many years since I played an adventure game of any kind, and this one is as good as they get.

I'm also playing Borderlands:TPS again. Nisha is the only character I haven't played with, so I'm giving her a shot. Say what you want about Borderlands as a franchise being just the same 3 games, it never, ever gets old. I just love everything about it.

asdfen

Oct 27, 2011
soul nomand and the world eaters
disgaea d2
disgaea 4
legends of kora what a bad game
tales of graces f

nothing new to play in 2015 same as it was in 2014 unfortunately.

ExDeath730

Mar 13, 2012
TheVampwizimp said:
I just finished The Wolf Among Us. It was terrific. It's been many years since I played an adventure game of any kind, and this one is as good as they get.

I'm also playing Borderlands:TPS again. Nisha is the only character I haven't played with, so I'm giving her a shot. Say what you want about Borderlands as a franchise being just the same 3 games, it never, ever gets old. I just love everything about it.
The Wolf Among Us is so good! It was one of my favorite games of last year, i remember how i connected with Bigby, i mean, really, the fight at the end of the third episode and the entire fifth episode are so good.

Anyway:

Dark Souls 2: Playing the NG+ with my main character, while also playing an alt Sorcerer, since i didn't use magic with the main, the game is way easier with it, almost boring.

Crusader Kings 2: Doing my Wessex campaign, Alfred the Great just destroyed the Kingdom of Jorvik after two wars in a three year difference, since he killed Halfidan in a duel and the truce was no more. Now as his son i'm trying to seduce my sister while plotting to conquer Mercia.

Mount & Blade - Warband: Playing the A Clash of Kings mod, in the Westerlands i just became a noble after taking a castle on my own, in the middle of the war against the north. Now i'm gonna take over the riverlands and the Vale to declare independence and try to be king.

Recettear: It's my stress relief game at the moment :p

Bizzaro Stormy

Oct 19, 2011
Right now I'm working on a second play through of Wolfenstein The New Order. It's very dark but the gameplay is great and the world is interesting.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I'm playing Borderlands 2 with my girlfriend and Far Cry 3 on my own.
I also have Demon's Souls and Red Dead Redemption paused since what it feels like forever.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Just now, I was playing Dark Forces II with cheats on. Good ole school fun. Odd, just reviewed by this site. It might be because Humble Bundle just did a Star Wars sale. I picked up 12 Star Wars games for $12.01. The sale is still ongoing. The purchase gives you Steam Codes.

I did have to download a recommended patch to make the game run correctly display wise. I scanned it with Norton and it read OK.

My primary focus though, at this time, is Dishonored on PC. A friend said it was great and I'd really missed something. I read getting level 2 blink makes you over-powered, which sounds good to me. Anyone else playing it, I have to write: this is not run and gun. If you use your powers and abilities carefully, it is very playable. Run and gun and you are dead.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Final Fantasy XIV, FF-X HD remix, Animal Crossing New Leaf, and likely in the near future the Zelda 3DS games and the most recent Pokemon release. Playing an MMO makes it very easy to get behind, lol.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
War Thunder and Knights of the Old Republic 2. War Thunder is my break game, and KotOR 2 because I really need to do something about that backlog that I have. I'm having fun with it, even if it is pretty much the first game again. Hell, Dantooine and Korriban both use the same map as they do in KotOR 1, just with more broken-ness.

ORNSTElN

Feb 15, 2015
The top 3 I play now would be:

Smash Bros Wii-U
Final Fantasy XIV
Last of Us Remastered

but I have so many others I still want to get around to. Also I want to go for more high scoring achievements/trophies on trueachievements.com and truetrophies.com