Band you think should have been huge?

la-le-lu-li-lo

Jun 1, 2009
my personal opinion is asian kung fu generation.

they're pretty big in japan, but they should get american & euro love, because they're very talented. <3

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
crazyhaircut94 said:
Psychosocial said:
crazyhaircut94 said:
In Flames, Trivium, Children of Bodom, Queens of The Stone Age, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Ministry, and many more.
Joke a little more, In Flames, CoB and QotSA are all huge.

Dope are from what I know, not that big, they've had two hits, but only one sounds even slightly like what they usually do.
WrongSprite said:
crazyhaircut94 said:
In Flames, Trivium, Children of Bodom, Queens of The Stone Age, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Ministry, and many more.
The ones I've highlighted are huge.
Where I live, nobody knows who they are.
I guess they're a lot more popular in English speaking countries.

stubbmann

Jan 25, 2008
Alestorm.

PIRATE METAL!

Listen or be marooned with nary a day's provisions!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta-Z_psXODw&feature=related

Doomdiver

Mar 30, 2009
Operation Ivy. Fantastic ska punk band, pretty much started the subgenre. Unfortunately most people including ska punk fans haven't even heard of them. They have had quite a few of their songs covered by more modern ska and punk bands though.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
Porcupine Tree deserves more attention. Nobody I know has heard of them and it saddens me.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
KMFDM
NIN (since people only know about 4 songs across 20 years of music)
Garbage (I know they're sorta big but not really for what they are)
Ladytron <-- Incredible, I seriously think more music should be leaning towards this.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
I eat Sheep at Noon

I have no idea if they're real, but if there IS a band out there with that name, they NEED TO BE FAMOUS DAMNMIT

Frosk

Mar 12, 2008
doomdiver_16 said:
Operation Ivy. Fantastic ska punk band, pretty much started the subgenre. Unfortunately most people including ska punk fans haven't even heard of them. They have had quite a few of their songs covered by more modern ska and punk bands though.
I fucking love Op. Ivy! Most of the Rancid fans know of them because Op. Ivy became Rancid, but even my brother, who likes Rancid and other punk bands, didn't know who they were until he heard me playing their music. "Unity" is a brilliant song.

If I had to pick bands that I know of that more people should know, or be bigger by the OP definition, it would be Five Finger Death Punch or Ill Nino. I could have said local Seattle bands like Underride or The Murder City Devils; Pop Evil is good, too. Cavo is pretty good, but not as good as they could be.

Steel Panther is hilarious. They are a great 80's metal cover band and produce their own music in the mold of Spinal Tap.

AllHailTheAltmer

Jan 25, 2009
Thrice. They were pretty big for a while, but their new direction should have turned them into alternative rock all-stars on the level of Radiohead, but now they're on an indie label again and not a lot of people know who they are. Such a bummer, because in my mind, they're the most amazing band in the world, and Vheissu is my favourite record of all-time

Their new album "Beggars" is out in October. So stoked. So fucking stoked.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Zebrahead, who are relatively popular but none of my friends know them.

And Silent Descent, who are great.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
AllHailTheAltmer said:
Thrice. They were pretty big for a while, but their new direction should have turned them into alternative rock all-stars on the level of Radiohead, but now they're on an indie label again and not a lot of people know who they are. Such a bummer, because in my mind, they're the most amazing band in the world, and Vheissu is my favourite record of all-time

Their new album "Beggars" is out in October. So stoked. So fucking stoked.
I've hated everything after Artist in the Ambulance. I find it boring and unlistenable.

I believe Alice in Chains should have been far bigger than Nirvana. They were amazing. Nirvana were ok at best.