Band you think should have been huge?

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
Maximum the Hormone. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0CWpabTA6U]

Great band. It's a shame they haven't gotten more Stateside exposure.
Woah, that's one awesome band! However, I think I can see why they haven't got a lot of exposure, considering they're...Japanese Screamo/Heavy Metal? Whatever, they're good. I'll make a point of recommending them to some friends, methinks.

Also, I'd say Amon Amarth, Dark Tranquillity and Gallows could do with a bit more exposure, although that might just be the area where I live.

AllHailTheAltmer

Jan 25, 2009
bjj hero said:
I've hated everything after Artist in the Ambulance. I find it boring and unlistenable.

I believe Alice in Chains should have been far bigger than Nirvana. They were amazing. Nirvana were ok at best.
That's funny. I find boring and unlistenable very good words to describe Alice in Chains' music.

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
Uncompetative said:
Soundgarden > Nirvana.

Personally, I don't get the whole Kurt = Lennon = Jesus thing, one bit.
I agree with this. Porcupine was mentioned as well, and they indeed deserve more love as well.

Other bands? I don't know, really. Most of the bands I've listened to were either huge or I have no idea how large their fanbase was. I do know one band who deserves attention though: Beardfish.

Futurehead

Jun 30, 2008
Ghosts. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KWsnSRUAmk&feature=channel_page] It seems like no one has heard of them, anyways I don't think this band are active anymore. Regardless, "The World Is Outside" is an album that is dear to my heart.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
AllHailTheAltmer said:
bjj hero said:
I've hated everything after Artist in the Ambulance. I find it boring and unlistenable.

I believe Alice in Chains should have been far bigger than Nirvana. They were amazing. Nirvana were ok at best.
That's funny. I find boring and unlistenable very good words to describe Alice in Chains' music.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Ive seen Thrice about 6 times. They were my favourite band. I still listen to them now. I only listen to Identity Crisis, Illusion of Saftey and Artist in the Ambulance. We parted ways when they took an new direction. Bands change, people grow up I guess, its just not for me.

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
Voodoo Glow Skulls. They were kinda-sorta what people know about, just not really a lot.

Trifer420

Mar 20, 2009
crazyhaircut94 said:
Psychosocial said:
crazyhaircut94 said:
In Flames, Trivium, Children of Bodom, Queens of The Stone Age, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Ministry, and many more.
Joke a little more, In Flames, CoB and QotSA are all huge.

Dope are from what I know, not that big, they've had two hits, but only one sounds even slightly like what they usually do.
WrongSprite said:
crazyhaircut94 said:
In Flames, Trivium, Children of Bodom, Queens of The Stone Age, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Ministry, and many more.
The ones I've highlighted are huge.
Where I live, nobody knows who they are.
I know children of bodom is huge in European countries, if you live in the states or canada that's probably why they are unknown.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
Bikini Kill should have been bigger. But now, they are only a bit of trivia about Kurt Cobain's life.

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
Butterfly Messiah, absolutely love them, and cant even find an actual cd, had to buy online.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
doomdiver_16 said:
Operation Ivy. Fantastic ska punk band, pretty much started the subgenre. Unfortunately most people including ska punk fans haven't even heard of them. They have had quite a few of their songs covered by more modern ska and punk bands though.
What? Who is listening to ska and hasn't heard of them? I want to meet this weirdo.

PS. My brother has the 'ska man' tattoo on his shoulder.

HonorableChairman

Jan 23, 2009
Streetlight Manifesto. Their fourth album is just around the corner, and no one but me cares...

Also Elvenking. Great power/folk/prog metal.

Might as well mention Pendulum, although they were pretty big at one point or another.

ALSO: Sex Bob-Omb

dweomermaster

Feb 22, 2009
crazyhaircut94 said:
Psychosocial said:
crazyhaircut94 said:
Joke a little more, In Flames, CoB and QotSA are all huge.

Dope are from what I know, not that big, they've had two hits, but only one sounds even slightly like what they usually do.
WrongSprite said:
crazyhaircut94 said:
The ones I've highlighted are huge.
Where I live, nobody knows who they are.

*sigh* I have a similar problem, not many people I know know who these bands are until I tell them about them.... spot who's alreadt major fan of them all :)

Jumping_Over_Fences

Apr 15, 2009
The Dillinger Escape Plan (a lot of people have heard of them, but not their music)
Guitar Wolf
Crotchduster (amazing band)

AllHailTheAltmer

Jan 25, 2009
Rev Erebus said:
How can you find a band pouring out there heart and misery about there addictions and problems boring.
I find their music dull and repetitive. Sure, they're passionate, but it's entirely possible to be passionate but rubbish. Besides, sometimes you just get a little bored of the whole stream of conscious lyricism, especially when it's not very good lyricism. They tried way too hard to make their lyrics artsy; it just comes off as pretentious.