Banned PETA Commercial

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Arachon said:
Whoa... Now I'm not a fan of PETA, and I don't care much for cattle... However, I AM a vegetarian... And the incredibly STUPID arguments against vegetarians found in this thread astonish me..

Vanguard_Ex said:
How exactly can studies prove that vegetarians have better sex? It probably feels amazing because of their shit boring lives. Besides, sex involves meat eating of some kind anyway. Ba dum tish. You lose, PETA.
This one for example, completley irrelevant, and extremly stupid...

Oh, and humans are not biologically "meant" to eat meat, if we where, we would be pure carnivores, and that, we are not, humans are omnivores, we eat both vegetables and meat... Adaption I think it's called...

t_rexaur said:
Oh peta, what will you get up to next?

I had a bit of a look around on the internet, I had no idea that one if their campaigns had them saying that feeding meat to children was child abuse. The human body needs proteins and other things, especially when growing, and we can only get some from meat.

So in actual fact... NOT feeding meat to your children would be child abuse.
False, there is well enough protein in a proper vegetarian diet, to meet the requirements of any person, whether they are growing, old or pregnant, so no child abuse there I'm afraid...

Actually, vegetarians have the second-lowest mortality, next to people who primarly live on a mediterranean diet with lot's of fish and vegetables.

As a final note, I'd like to remind you all that I in no way support PETA or their actions, it's not a obligatory vegetarian thing to do that...
Okay, every time you have sex you're killing innocent sperm. Please consider the sperm! I don't think we have the right to kill sperm to reproduce our own epecies.

We also know that just because you are vegetarian doesn't mean you support PETA. But to me anyone who's a vegetarian for reasons beyond personal taste are full of it.

Acaroid

Aug 11, 2008
Pyro Paul said:
Wow. seriously. just... wow.

you have the most flawed arguments ever and should just stop talking.
Yes, all living organisms have proteins in them, as it is apart of the basic building blocks of life. however, if you some how believe that Plants have a higher or equial to Protein density to Meats then you need to go back and study basic biology. a Meat primary diet will involve ingesting more proteins than a plant based diet, arguing against that point just because some plants do have some protein in them just proves you are an idiot.

i assume you are trying to talk about the Glycemic Index value given to foods. although i am a bit confused on how the GI disproves that statement.... what is the GI Value of a Steak? any cut of beef?

don't know? i'll tell you
the GI value of Beef is 0.
Beef has no Glycemic Index.

what is the GI Value of an Apple you ask? the GI of an Apple is 36.

all plants have a GI value where as most all meats have little to no GI value given at all.
and it is proven that Sugers provide quick bursts of energy but are burned out more quickly where as proteins provide a longer consistant energy.

and to your third counter point.
Testosterone
Yohimbine
Bremelanotide

those are the only sceintifically proven aphrodisiacs.
Trace amounts of these chemicals can be found in Meats as they are commonly used in conjucntion with forced breeding of chattle animals. no plant has been found which contains these chemical compounds.

to your 2 studies.
most cases of impotence are caused by lowered blood flow to the genetilia. this can be caused by lowered blood pressure, hardened artries, high cholestrol and smoking. in fact, when listed, the common specific is usually blood pressure, not cholestrol. by saying 'impotance is caused by decreased blood flow' and making the automatic assumption that it is because of 'high cholestrol found it meats' simply because that is one of the 4 major reasons you default on your argument.

and the smells...
what does that prove?

there are just as many studies which show that sweaty dirty men smell more attractive than clean well dressed ones. hell i could do a study which proves that non-vegetarians are more likely to develope deeper social interactions and have increased sexual relations than vegetarians... so who cares if they smell better?

maybe you should do your own little research. perhapse this time you could not base all of your assumptions on what you read in wikipedia.
I don't think I remember saying anywhere that non-meat products had more protein LMAO, I was just saying that more or less everything has protein in it... so your point of using protein as an argument is flawed
but here is a fun example
Protein in 160g of wild rice 22.6g
Protein in 100g of Lentils 19.3g
Protein in 113g of ground beef 18.8g
Protein in 73g of chicken drumstick 14g

Yes there are lots of examples showing other results, I am just showing a point that there is a lot of protein in other things, and making out like ?nothing can touch meat for its protein content cause it is all mighty protein god? just sounds a little silly.
But if you talk about complete and incomplete Proteins, yes meat has complete protiens and vegitables dont, but you can easily make complete Proteins from combining more than one sort of incomplete protien.

so your "if you some how believe that Plants have a higher or equal to Protein density to Meats then you need to go back and study basic biology." I think my case and point proves you wrong...

The low GI was in argument to the sugars in vegetables burning off quickly, like you suggested... so you obviously know about the GI of foods, so you know low GI foods take longer for the sugars to absorb into the body, so they cant be really burnt of quickly, unlike processed sugars. And why didn't you pick something like broccoli that has a GI of 10?
Obviously meat doesn't have a high GI due to its lack of carbs in it... and we all know carbs are one of the main building blocks for endurance and energy
Oh and wait another study I found
"A study published in the August, 2006 "Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise" refuted a 2004 study published in the same journal. The new study found no advantage in adding protein to a sports drink taken during endurance exercise. But cyclists drinking either of the carbohydrate-containing drinks, with or without protein, performed better than those drinking the placebo drink that didn't have carbs."

as for your "scientifically proven aphrodisiacs" what about Yohimbe, Tribulus and Maca

or even phenylethylamine and serotonin, two chemicals that light up pleasure areas in the brain.

or how about general diet for sexual drive?

B-Complex Vitamins ? vitamins B-1, B-2 and B-3 are necessary for healthy sex drive. You can find vitamin B-1 in grains and nuts. Vitamin B-2 is found in bananas, broccoli and lean meats. Vitamin B-3 creates improved blood flow and is important for sex hormones and to increase sexual desire.

Vitamin E helps with sex hormone production and improves circulation - it is found in whole grains, fruits and vegetables.

Zinc is required for testosterone production and is found in oysters, pumpkin seeds, spinach and garlic. Oysters are loaded with zinc, so oysters may help you increase sexual desire.

Androsterone - the male hormone - is found in celery. When you eat celery, you can release the androsterone through your perspiration and women can be attracted to this.

this is just a way of saying, meat products are not the only "aphrodisiacs".

well considering vegans shouldn't smoke due to some of the non animal friendly products found in cigarettes (this may depend on brand and country), also having no cholesterol is a given and what is the main cause of hardened arteries? cholesterol....
also the iron in meat is an oxidant, which causes cholesterol to be more easily deposited in your arteries. The iron found in vegetables such as spinach, is in a form that doesn't act as an oxidant.
so that is 3 out of 4 :| and well Hypertension is caused by so much stuff you cant really pin point that down to one thing, so you can get away with that one :p

the smell thing was a bit of fun, and it was tested (if I remember reading right) just purely by the smell of the sweet of the men, so it has nothing to do with how dirty or sweaty they are. Nothing to do with how they are dressed etc.

I also apologise for calling you stupid, that was wrong of me, I was just being a prick lol.

But the point is... that the add wasnt a lie, and it is still stupid why it was taken off air :|

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Sorry Peta but animals are fun to pet but better to chew.

Sorry if you think it's in bad taste but its true.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
Well, it was banned, and it was in poor taste too. Not much to say, really.
Except...

Gravy tastes better when slurped. Scientists baffled.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
I still think PETA has nothing on Scientologists.( In relation to the CIA comment earlier)

I mean when is the last time Scientologists did something funny that overwhelmingly overshadowed their terrible activities?

I personally think Sea Kittens would have been the best thing ever. Because I love kittens but I've always wanted to able to earnestly say I'm eating Kittens.

I like meat but I'd be easily swayed to not eat meat if someone could make convincing meat alternatives. I mean utterly mind bogglingly convincing.

Acaroid

Aug 11, 2008
Stringytank said:
Acaroid said:
Pyro Paul said:
But the point is... that the add wasnt a lie, and it is still stupid why it was taken off air :|
The point of the thread kinda revolves around the fact that the ad is a lie.
thats funny i thought it was about PETA bashing, and by extension vegetarian bashing and people trying to be funny...

duckfi8

Jan 21, 2009
Ezekel said:
Studies show, meat tastes better than vegetables.
ROFL, i hate PETA, as a hunter they r very annoying because they brainwash people into saying that i am killing innocent animals for no reason, when i EAT them because they are very TASTY, and venison tastes a lot better then beef plus it is better for you.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
SuperFriendBFG said:
We also know that just because you are vegetarian doesn't mean you support PETA. But to me anyone who's a vegetarian for reasons beyond personal taste are full of it.
So you're saying that anyone with a different opinion than yours is an idiot?

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
bitzi61 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
How exactly can studies prove that vegetarians have better sex? It probably feels amazing because of their shit boring lives. Besides, sex involves meat eating of some kind anyway. Ba dum tish. You lose, PETA.
EPIC!
Why thank you ^^

Arachon said:
Whoa... Now I'm not a fan of PETA, and I don't care much for cattle... However, I AM a vegetarian... And the incredibly STUPID arguments against vegetarians found in this thread astonish me..

Vanguard_Ex said:
This one for example, completley irrelevant, and extremly stupid...

Oh, and humans are not biologically "meant" to eat meat, if we where, we would be pure carnivores, and that, we are not, humans are omnivores, we eat both vegetables and meat... Adaption I think it's called...

t_rexaur said:
Oh peta, what will you get up to next?

I had a bit of a look around on the internet, I had no idea that one if their campaigns had them saying that feeding meat to children was child abuse. The human body needs proteins and other things, especially when growing, and we can only get some from meat.

So in actual fact... NOT feeding meat to your children would be child abuse.
False, there is well enough protein in a proper vegetarian diet, to meet the requirements of any person, whether they are growing, old or pregnant, so no child abuse there I'm afraid...

Actually, vegetarians have the second-lowest mortality, next to people who primarly live on a mediterranean diet with lot's of fish and vegetables.

As a final note, I'd like to remind you all that I in no way support PETA or their actions, it's not a obligatory vegetarian thing to do that...
I think if you re-read my comment and suppress the need to try and correct me for just a minute you'll see that I didn't say that humans should eat meat and nothing but. On the contrary, that would be a catastrophic diet. Forgetting the fact that our ability to eat both vegetables and meat is actually not adaptation, my comment was critical of PETA, who I recall you saying you are not a fan of.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
Vanguard_Ex said:
I think if you re-read my comment and suppress the need to try and correct me for just a minute you'll see that I didn't say that humans should eat meat and nothing but. On the contrary, that would be a catastrophic diet. Forgetting the fact that our ability to eat both vegetables and meat is actually not adaptation, my comment was critical of PETA, who I recall you saying you are not a fan of.
Most likely yes... But you argued that not feeding a child meat would be abuse, which it wouldn't, but of course, feeding a child meat isn't either.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Arachon said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Most likely yes... But you argued that not feeding a child meat would be abuse, which it wouldn't, but of course, feeding a child meat isn't either.
Wait, what? I think you may have the wrong person, Arachon. I never once mentioned children :S
EDIT: Just had another read through, you're thinking of t rexaur

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
Vanguard_Ex said:
Wait, what? I think you may have the wrong person, Arachon. I never once mentioned children :S
EDIT: Just had another read through, you're thinking of t rexaur
Oh... sorry, wrong person *facepalm*

Unholykrumpet

Nov 1, 2007
After creating my own sea kitten, reading the sea kitten bedtime stories, watching the "look what I can do with veggies" commercial...I have come to several conclusions.

First, PETA is on to something when it comes to sea kittens. Sea kittens are delicious, and they are apparently part of the kitten family...so therefore, kittens are delicious.

Second, I can't help but think that if this was done with meat products instead of veggies, it would turn way more guys on. A commercial like that...I think I'll stop there actually.

...PETA started off with the right idea, protecting animals and what not. But somewhere between the saving the animals and fighting for animal rights, they took a turn down crazy lane, and started doing things that were just...not right in any way. We haven't even got to the point where it's okay to have sex with the same gender...and now they're trying to push interkingdom relations on us? You're way too ahead of the times, PETA.

Amund

Oct 24, 2008
good things about PETA:

they stop animal testing....

bad things about PETA:

Everything else?

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
"There's nothing quite as exciting for a young lady as a gentleman of appropriate age devouring a bowl of boiled cabbage"

-My mother