Battlefield 4 Teams With Axe For Embarrassing Cross-Promotion

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Psychobabble said:
Gotta love the bitter irony of the "Rated M For Mature" voice over at the end.

I think this add campaign goes a long way in explaining why EA has made so many bad decisions over the years, they think their customer base is exclusively made up of lonely desperate fucktards that will buy into any kind of cockamamie gimmick.
One has to ask if it's a sound business plan for the future. I mean, what happens when the fucktards parents cut them off? Battlefield 5 might see its consume base halved by financial constraints alone.

Callate said:
So let me get this straight. Modern tanks are equipped with armor that can shrug off machine gun fire and explosives, and the smell of Axe Body spray can still penetrate?

And someone thought that was a recommendation?
I used to live with a guy who thought spraying on Lynx was a good substitute for a shower. Trust me, if I can smell it through his sheets and walls a tank is entirely within the realm of probability.

Even if that explains why she got out of the tank... why did HE get out of the tank? What was she using that smelled so strong to entice him?

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
yundex said:
I feel you, I also wear axe from time to time because my girlfriend buys it. Ironically, I know a few girls who buy it for men they know or are with. The thing about nerd culture is that the community generally seems to hate anything associated with the popular crowd. I guess some people were mentally damaged beyond repair during their high school years by a few guys wearing axe. Eh, like most in this thread, I really have nothing of value to add here aside from: Sweet, free battlefield shit from shit I already get.
That's funny, because I always thought Axe was associated with people who wished they were popular. I mean, that seems to be the crowd the commercials target, what with the whole "Use this bodyspray (that smells like ass) -> become chick magnet."

Admittedly, and as I said before, I think all bodysprays (that I've smelled) smell awful. Or maybe I just naturally smell great. I'd like to think that's what it is. It's not the scent that bothers me, though. Or rather, in addition to the scent, I am also bothered by the commercials; they're just so fucking childish. I mean, they don't even come off as joking, like the Old Spice commercials. "Wear this and you'll turn into a ripped, eagle cowboy" or whatever. I haven't seen an Old Spice commercial in awhile.

Axe commercials are just stupid, man. I'd really have nothing against Axe if it weren't for those awful ads.

Hammartroll

Mar 10, 2011
The commercial seemed fine. Yeah the animation wasn't top notch, but they made it obvious it was an in game machinima type thing, so to me it looked normal. The only negative aspect I can detect is the potential of someone getting 9/11 vibes from the collapsing tower, but no one really brought that up that I can see so I don't think it's much of a problem.

yundex

Nov 19, 2009
BarbaricGoose said:
yundex said:
I feel you, I also wear axe from time to time because my girlfriend buys it. Ironically, I know a few girls who buy it for men they know or are with. The thing about nerd culture is that the community generally seems to hate anything associated with the popular crowd. I guess some people were mentally damaged beyond repair during their high school years by a few guys wearing axe. Eh, like most in this thread, I really have nothing of value to add here aside from: Sweet, free battlefield shit from shit I already get.
That's funny, because I always thought Axe was associated with people who wished they were popular. I mean, that seems to be the crowd the commercials target, what with the whole "Use this bodyspray (that smells like ass) -> become chick magnet."

Admittedly, and as I said before, I think all bodysprays (that I've smelled) smell awful. Or maybe I just naturally smell great. I'd like to think that's what it is. It's not the scent that bothers me, though. Or rather, in addition to the scent, I am also bothered by the commercials; they're just so fucking childish. I mean, they don't even come off as joking, like the Old Spice commercials. "Wear this and you'll turn into a ripped, eagle cowboy" or whatever. I haven't seen an Old Spice commercial in awhile.

Axe commercials are just stupid, man. I'd really have nothing against Axe if it weren't for those awful ads.
I honestly don't watch much TV at all, let alone commercials. That axe commercial does suck though, haha. I'm also with you on the bodyspray usage, maybe she thinks I reek of beer and leather.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Eh, just thought it was hilariously bad. But still amusing.

Can't say I see much of a problem.

Apr 5, 2008
Not a fan of EA, Battlefield or any MMSs for that matter. But I thought that was a clever ad and must admit quite liked it. The Lynx Effect (because that is what it's called here) is powerful enough to bring women to a halt even amidst the chaos and carnage of a battlefield. Good ad.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Mr.Pandah said:
Cool to hate. So cool to hate.

Literally see nothing wrong with this ad, guess I'm just weird.

I agree, it isnt a good commercial but it isnt any worse then most commercials

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
ThatDarnCoyote said:
So, apparently love can bloom on a Battlefield, Otacon.
He should've worn AXE. Then Sniper Wolf would've been all over him, just like in his Japanese animes.

OT: I don't really see the big deal. It's a big dumb commercial. Nothing to punch a dog over.

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
Chairman Miaow said:
Pah, Axe is horrible stuff. Here in the UK we have real deodorant. Like Lynx.
Well done, I almost spat out my tea at that one.

OT: Like quite a few people have said, I'm impressed by the fact she's wearing full body armour and clothing.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
I was kinda waiting for her to fondle his rifle appreciatively/suggestively, or pretty much anything at all to save it from being a bland pointless waste of my time.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Well, that was weird.

Was the message 'make love not war'?

There is a huge disconnect between the commercial and why people play the game, but I guess I'm happy it wasn't along the lines of 'guy uses Axe, is manly man of manliness, and saves some civilian who returns the favor with sex.'

I get the feeling people making the add consciously tried not to make it offensive, which is good, I guess?

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Desert Punk said:
I am surprised. Here is a sensibly dressed female soldier, and no one mentioned it before now.
Sensibly? I saw nothing sensible there.
She took off her helmet (both of them did, to be honest)
And in active battle scenario taking off your helmet just to wave your hair around is equivalent of poledancing in front of speeding truck [hint: it is bad idea].
And when possible you wear something armored and fast around you, for example tank or APC.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
vansau said:
First they shut down Command & Conquer, now...
Wait, what?
How it's even possible?
To shut down something you need open up something first.
And to open up something you need to make sure you haven't raped it, killed it, then raped it again, then dumped it into garbage container, then returned and pulled it out of garbage container, then raped it once more, then buried it in the forest, then dug up it, then raped it yet again, then burned it to ash, then rubbed ashes into your dick, then dried the whole mess and snorted it, like some goddamn madafaking cocaine.
And that seems... complicated.

And yes, it took me only 3.5 years to overcome denial stage, now I'm at pain induced anger stage (I combined step2 and step3, to speed up the process a bit)
Who knows maybe in next 7 to 10 years I will burn down EA HQ overcome this

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Better than Halo and their Dewritos partner ship.

Then again I saw something related to the Xbox One and Slim Jims.

Needless to say it could of been worse.

Aside from this embarrassing commercial, they also once again take a slap in the face to military regulations by having the lady ignore hair length regulations in favor for hot babe status. Keep it in a bun soldier or get out.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
That was a very failed opportunity to use LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD - by pat benatar...

But it made me laugh anyway... So I guess.. well done.. since I don't use axe or play battlefield.

Uriain

Apr 8, 2010
I feel that commercial should be followed by this - http://youtu.be/K1L1lj3XuK8