Bayonetta 2 announced as Wii U exclusive, console gamers pissed.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
anuhsur odnet said:
TopazFusion, lacktheknack: watch yourselves. You two are treading on very, VERY thin ice.

Anyway, it just really dawned on me right now how awsome Bayonetta 2 being an exclusive to the Wii U really is. We true gamers get to play the next best brawler in the world while all the playslaves and microshits (especially imbeciles like Vault101) watch in angered jealousy and we get to drink their delicious tears!

P.S.: I see Tony 2077 is still acting like a fucking retard.
and i see your still asking to be banned so call me what ever you want

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
anuhsur odnet said:
My my, aren't you an arrogant little shit!

You know what, I'll just ignore you too. No point in reading posts from a shithead who loves sucking Microsoft's cock all day long.
i own a ps3 a pc and a 360 so try harder your troll is showing. your making me look good so your doing something wrong ah what ever back to lurking some where

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
anuhsur odnet said:
TopazFusion, lacktheknack: watch yourselves. You two are treading on very, VERY thin ice.

Anyway, it just really dawned on me right now how awsome Bayonetta 2 being an exclusive to the Wii U really is. We true gamers get to play the next best brawler in the world while all the playslaves and microshits (especially imbeciles like Vault101) watch in angered jealousy and we get to drink their delicious tears!

What fucking authority do you have to say who's treading thin ice?

You are a clown if you think anyone who doesn't like this must have loyalty to the other gaming companies or even dis-like nintendo. I hate sony, they fucking sue people for trying to restore functionality to the PS3. Microsoft has GFWL which is so horrible that I'm convinced it's a ploy to get people off PC gaming so they'll move to the xbox where they get a slice of the profits. And I own all three consoles, all 5 counting portables from last gen. I fucking love my DS.

The last nintendo console made it so whether any game would control properly is entirely up to chance. I literally feel that any serious game released for a console I own is just not an option at full price because of those motion controls. I do not want to trust the sequel to a game I like to their next console with a weird control scheme before it's even fucking out yet. There is nothing wrong with that.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Right, so a bunch of examples have been posted about a game series switching platform (or rather switching between the three major companies platforms in a generational switch) between installments. Are there any good examples of a series that switched platforms mid-generation. The only one I've seen so far is Kingdom Hearts.

Also people need to stop feeding the troll.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
GiantRaven said:
Right, so a bunch of examples have been posted about a game series switching platform (or rather switching between the three major companies platforms in a generational switch) between installments. Are there any good examples of a series that switched platforms mid-generation. The only one I've seen so far is Kingdom Hearts.

i can't think of any off the top of my head

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
DustyDrB said:
Weren't they having trouble getting it published?
Pretty much. Lackluster sales and the problems they had with the PS3 port probably were the main reasons. I'm not all that moved by this, to be honest. The game didn't win me over like devil may cry did, and no way am I getting a Wii U because of something like Bayonetta.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
omega 616 said:
Well I hate to tell you, but that is what I do in every shooter, and I generally don't do better or worse than the majority of people I play against. Sure, the more skilled players can often take me down before I can get them, but I still get lucky occasionally and peg them like the rest. This isn't an exaggeration, it is what I do and it works, whether you choose to believe it or not is up to you.

And again, I'm not denying that you can do what you describe in hack and slashers, but if you do then you aren't playing the games how they are supposed to be played. Some of the control schemes like in Devil May Cry 4 can be extremely tricky to master, so if you didn't have the option to just fly in and take them out mashing buttons then Capcom would instantly alienate the majority of gamers who don't want to spend hours mastering a fight system that gets them the best ranks.

And your implication that you have to play every shooter differently is complete bullshit. I've played just about every popular shooter in the last fifteen years and, short of Deus Ex, there wasn't a single one I couldn't beat by running into the room and spraying bullets everywhere. Sure, I died more than I would have if I'd prepared myself properly (well, except in CoD's campaign where you can still die no matter how prepared you are on account of the enemy's limitless grenade cache) but the argument you level against hack and slashers can, just as easily, be made in exactly the same way against FPS's. None of this is up for debate: I know it can be done because I have done it.

And as for being re-skins, well, I'll just leave this little collage I made for my blog, here:

For christ's sake, three of those screens have the same damn gun in them. Now what was that you were saying about all shooters being different?

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
GiantRaven said:

Well the tales of series has a weird habit of just constantly changing systems, there's an exclusive ps3 tales of game, an exclusive xbox one, exclusive ps2, exclusive gamecube and those are my favorite games of all time and I find that every new game is better than the last .

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Nice to see you know... well nothing about the genre. Saying that Bayonetta and God of War play the same is like saying Call of Duty and Halo are the exact same.
You're about 10 quotes late.

rob_simple said:
Please post me a video of you doing this thing 'cos by the sounds of it you're a god of shooters, you can do something no other person can and this is something I have to see 'cos at the moment your posts are BS, "I can run into a room, spray using no cover and kill everybody" yeah, ok, sure you can ....

I wasn't aware games can be completed wrongly. 2D fighters have the hardest control scheme to master, hence why I am hopeless at them but according to you hack and slashers are the same but I can beat them with ease? If anything 2D fighters control scheme would alienate people but it is one of the strongest genres (I would guess).

This paragraph has already been discussed and I would still like to see you do it.

You took my comment of re-skins wrongly. I mean you could swap any two protagonists and swap them, say Dante from DMC and Kratos ... Kratos could still perform huge combos and Dante could still kill Zeus or an Ogre. Playing BF like COD means you get sniped/tank blasted and lose.

I am fully aware most shooters are gray, brown play pens with all the same guns but I wasn't arguing against that ...

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
omega 616 said:
Please post me a video of you doing this thing 'cos by the sounds of it you're a god of shooters, you can do something no other person can and this is something I have to see 'cos at the moment your posts are BS, "I can run into a room, spray using no cover and kill everybody" yeah, ok, sure you can ....

I wasn't aware games can be completed wrongly. 2D fighters have the hardest control scheme to master, hence why I am hopeless at them but according to you hack and slashers are the same but I can beat them with ease? If anything 2D fighters control scheme would alienate people but it is one of the strongest genres (I would guess).

This paragraph has already been discussed and I would still like to see you do it.

You took my comment of re-skins wrongly. I mean you could swap any two protagonists and swap them, say Dante from DMC and Kratos ... Kratos could still perform huge combos and Dante could still kill Zeus or an Ogre. Playing BF like COD means you get sniped/tank blasted and lose.

I am fully aware most shooters are gray, brown play pens with all the same guns but I wasn't arguing against that ...
I'm not even particularly good at shooters, they just don't require the level of skill you seem to think they do. Whether or not you choose to believe me, that is exactly what I do in the campaign mode for shooters: I use little to no cover and just strafe around the room shooting at whatever is shooting at me and, nine times out of ten I'll clear the room with little to no difficulty. If I was playing on the hardest difficultly I wouldn't be able to use this technique but, likewise, if you played Bayonetta on it's hardest setting there is absolutely no way you could beat it by just mashing the attack button; you have to block and parry, getting into rhythm with the enemy's movements.

And as for your comments about 2D fighters, you are talking out of your arse. First of all their control schemes are far more basic --most of them just require you to have rhythm-- than some hack and slash games (mainly DMC and Bayonetta) and, as Yahtzee has pointed out in ZP before, beat-em ups have some of the biggest cases for a game that you can spend weeks mastering and still get beaten by someone spamming the same attacks over and over, (see: Soul Calibur's hilarious ring-out bullshit.)

I didn't say a game could be completed wrongly, but nice try misquoting me to try and discredit my point. What I said was that there are right ways and wrong ways to play certain games. If you want to just blindly button bash your way through action games then, yeah, you'll probably do alright on most normal difficulties, but you won't get the best scores or ranks, and that is what makes these games really popular; taking the time to master the subtle nuances of the control systems and executing huge chains of attack, racking up huge combos and killing with skill as opposed to blindly swinging your weapon in every direction.

If you choose not to play the game in this way, then that's fine you'll probably get by okay, but understand there is a world of difference between all of the games being the same and you choosing to play them all the same way.

I don't know how many more times I'll need to say this but I played Battlefield just like I play CoD (and just like I play every other shooter) and I had no problems. I'm starting to suspect you're just not very good at games.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
This is ONLY cool, ONLY, if they release Bayonetta 1 on the WiiU as well.
It's a bit retarded to have the 1st and 2nd game on systems that are not the same.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
It's an odd decision really. While they will make money from people buying a Wii U in order to play it (as well as those who are getting one anyway), they will lose out on a lot of sales from people who simply do not want to buy a Wii U.

It could work in their favour, but I don't see how, I'd say that they will lose more potential sales than they will gain.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Bayonetta didn't interest me the first time around. Now what does interest me is that WiiU zombie game...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
anuhsur odnet said:

What a rare sight you are, how delightfull!!!

Gives us more of those creative console based insults, it's been such a long time.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
rob_simple said:
I'm not even particularly good at shooters, they just don't require the level of skill you seem to think they do. Whether or not you choose to believe me, that is exactly what I do in the campaign mode for shooters: I use little to no cover and just strafe around the room shooting at whatever is shooting at me and, nine times out of ten I'll clear the room with little to no difficulty. If I was playing on the hardest difficultly I wouldn't be able to use this technique but, likewise, if you played Bayonetta on it's hardest setting there is absolutely no way you could beat it by just mashing the attack button; you have to block and parry, getting into rhythm with the enemy's movements.

And as for your comments about 2D fighters, you are talking out of your arse. First of all their control schemes are far more basic --most of them just require you to have rhythm-- than some hack and slash games (mainly DMC and Bayonetta) and, as Yahtzee has pointed out in ZP before, beat-em ups have some of the biggest cases for a game that you can spend weeks mastering and still get beaten by someone spamming the same attacks over and over, (see: Soul Calibur's hilarious ring-out bullshit.)

I didn't say a game could be completed wrongly, but nice try misquoting me to try and discredit my point. What I said was that there are right ways and wrong ways to play certain games. If you want to just blindly button bash your way through action games then, yeah, you'll probably do alright on most normal difficulties, but you won't get the best scores or ranks, and that is what makes these games really popular; taking the time to master the subtle nuances of the control systems and executing huge chains of attack, racking up huge combos and killing with skill as opposed to blindly swinging your weapon in every direction.

If you choose not to play the game in this way, then that's fine you'll probably get by okay, but understand there is a world of difference between all of the games being the same and you choosing to play them all the same way.

I don't know how many more times I'll need to say this but I played Battlefield just like I play CoD (and just like I play every other shooter) and I had no problems. I'm starting to suspect you're just not very good at games.
I'm not saying shooters are skilled based at all, I'm just saying that what you're claiming is impossible. Very often in these games you enter a room with 10 or so people in and the NPC's on your team might as well not be there, as the enemy only shoots at you ... so how are you Rambo-ing 10 machine guns? By exaggerating what you're doing.

I am talking about normal difficulty, the difficulty games are meant to be played on. Of course I couldn't mash light attack on hard or above, I would have to add jumps at least.

2D fighters have combos a mile long, all this stuff about priority, trying to replicate a move sequence that looks impossible etc I think you are making hack and slashers sound way better than they actually are. The impression I am getting from your posts is making these games sound a lot more complicated than other genres, which just isn't true.

"if you do then you aren't playing the games how they are supposed to be played" I didn't misquote you a reworded you. Subtle nuances? This isn't wine tasting, pretty sure if you got better at GOW then you can carry all that skill over the DMC with no trouble ... I can't remember exactly but isn't your rank based on damage taken and combo reached? If so, all the skills are transferable.

If I am not very good at games but can run through GOW3 on hard, play through ninja gaiden on hard without too much trouble, what does that say about these games?

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Blame Sega, not Nintendo. Sega was the publisher, they dumped it. Nintendo, smartly, picked it up considering this is one of those "real gamer games" that the Wii-U has been claiming it will have. Let us not forget that Sega is the reason Anarchy Reigns (another amazing looking Platinum Games game) is getting delayed until 2013.

Hey, now I have a compelling reason to get a Wii-U someday, assuming it doesn't have really shitty touch-screen mechanics that make it unplayable *glares at Nintendo*.

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Legion said:
It's an odd decision really. While they will make money from people buying a Wii U in order to play it (as well as those who are getting one anyway), they will lose out on a lot of sales from people who simply do not want to buy a Wii U.

It could work in their favour, but I don't see how, I'd say that they will lose more potential sales than they will gain.
Oh I'm sure it'll be a disaster. After all, the Wii has such a tiny install base so there's no reason to think the Wii-U will be successful.