Bayonetta 2 announced as Wii U exclusive, console gamers pissed.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
The big problem with this from the standpoint of the people pissed about this is that it isn't on either the console they purchased or the next iteration of those consoles. They have to invest in a new console without an ecosystem beyond this particular game.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
shadow skill said:
The big problem with this from the standpoint of the people pissed about this is that it isn't on either the console they purchased or the next iteration of those consoles. They have to invest in a new console without an ecosystem beyond this particular game.
No, they're pissed because they think Nintendo can't do good, core games. They always have, they just put less emphasis on it with the Wii. Game switching consoles inbetween generations is nothing new.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
kyosai7 said:
shadow skill said:
No, they're pissed because they think Nintendo can't do good, core games. They always have, they just put less emphasis on it with the Wii. Game switching consoles inbetween generations is nothing new.
So the buying of a new console that they don't necessarily have any interest in has nothing to do with this at all? Do you really think these people would be pissed if Nintendo was publishing it and the game was coming to PS3/360? Do you think that people that own a 360 or PS3 and a Wii are going to be among the people aggravated by this development in large numbers; considering the fact that these Wii owners probably have more to get out of the Wii U than just this particular game?

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
shadow skill said:
kyosai7 said:
shadow skill said:
So the buying of a new console that they don't necessarily have any interest in has nothing to do with this at all? Do you really think these people would be pissed if Nintendo was publishing it and the game was coming to PS3/360? Do you think that people that own a 360 or PS3 and a Wii are going to be among the people aggravated by this development in large numbers; considering the fact that these Wii owners probably have more to get out of the Wii U than just this particular game?
Non-nintendo people have games to play on the wiiU as well.
You know rated Mature games, from the wii and wii U.
WiiU has solid online now if anything it's a really good reason to get it.
We have been waiting for nintendo that's online for a good while now.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
GrimHeaper said:
shadow skill said:
kyosai7 said:
shadow skill said:
Did you actually read what I said? No really, did you read it at all?

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
shadow skill said:
GrimHeaper said:
shadow skill said:
kyosai7 said:
shadow skill said:
People don't really know what to look for till they find it, the may find they enjoy things besides Bayonetta 2 even if they thought they wouldn't.
You just sound mad really.

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
GrimHeaper said:
shadow skill said:
GrimHeaper said:
shadow skill said:
kyosai7 said:
shadow skill said:
People don't really know what to look for till they find it, the may find they enjoy things besides Bayonetta 2 even if they thought they wouldn't.
What does that have to do with anything I have been saying?

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
shadow skill said:
GrimHeaper said:
shadow skill said:
GrimHeaper said:
shadow skill said:
kyosai7 said:
shadow skill said:
What does that have to do with anything I have been saying?
Maybe you should pay attention to what you say?

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
shadow skill said:
Why don't you enlighten us all then?
"considering the fact that these Wii owners probably have more to get out of the Wii U than just this particular game?"
You are referring to Bayonetta fans here.
You were saying they would have NO other reason to get a wiiU, I'm saying they do or will and you are being a ignorant prick about it.
You don't have to be a fan of nintendo to get a wiiU.
Or can you not read between the lines?
"They have to invest in a new console without an ecosystem beyond this particular game."

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
GrimHeaper said:
shadow skill said:
"considering the fact that these Wii owners probably have more to get out of the Wii U than just this particular game?"
You were saying they would have NO other reason to get a wiiU, I'm saying they do or will and you are being a ignorant prick about it.
"They have to invest in a new console without an ecosystem beyond this particular game."
Oh really? I'm talking specifically about the people who are mad about this game being a Wii U exclusive. This subcategory of Bayonetta fans is not likely to be the subset of people who looking at the Wii U at this point and time are even receptive to the idea of buying this console. Think about both subsets of these angry fans and how they would react if this game was announced for the PS4 or Xbox 720.

These people wouldn't be aggravated because the investment in a 720 or PS4 could be more readily justified because of the inevitable sequels to games these people already have on their current systems. That is what it means to have an ecosystem. If any of these people cared about what has been announced so far then an ecosystem beyond Bayonetta (In this case.) and they probably wouldn't be part of this subset of angry gamers. What reason would they have to spew such hate if they were already thinking: "Hey the Wii U has a neat opening line up."?

shadow skill

Oct 12, 2007
Batsamaritan said:
If people hate the idea of bayonetta being an exclusive, perhaps they should have gone out and bought the origional game day of release.

Personally at the minute the WII-U is the only next gen console i'm considering buying. Given all the shennanigans i've experienced with xb360/ps3 i'm moving back to pc gaming.
it's the reason I haven't tossed my 360 out. I keep it just for the occasional Bayonetta session. I'm hoping that there will be a Bayonetta 2 hyper omega awesome edition for 360/ps3 (Or please God. P.C.) I'm really down on consoles this generation.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
shadow skill said:
GrimHeaper said:
shadow skill said:
Oh really? I'm talking specifically about the people who are mad about this game being a Wii U exclusive. This subcategory of Bayonetta fans is not likely to be the subset of people who looking at the Wii U at this point and time are even receptive to the idea of buying this console. Think about both subsets of these angry fans and how they would react if this game was announced for the PS4 or Xbox 720.

These people wouldn't be aggravated because the investment in a 720 or PS4 could be more readily justified because of the inevitable sequels to games these people already have on their current systems. That is what it means to have an ecosystem. If any of these people cared about what has been announced so far then an ecosystem beyond Bayonetta (In this case.) and they probably wouldn't be part of this subset of angry gamers. What reason would they have to spew such hate if they were already thinking: "Hey the Wii U has a neat opening line up."?
Hey I like Bayonetta and nintendo :I

I thought you were saying something else. Though it wasn't announced for sony or Microsoft they dropped it like it was hot, so I don't know why there is hate when their own favorite console providers are the ones that dropped it. I assume it's the misinformation and ignorance about these things that always causes this. Currently there is a great amount of that concerning nintendo alone even ignoring Bayonetta 2.
Platnum games pretty much had no choice have the game now or never, nintendo took them in as they have actually had and currently have deals with them.

I figure they will cool down eventually about it since the wiiU is the only 8th gen out right now for a good while :D
shadow skill said:
Batsamaritan said:
If people hate the idea of bayonetta being an exclusive, perhaps they should have gone out and bought the origional game day of release.

Personally at the minute the WII-U is the only next gen console i'm considering buying. Given all the shennanigans i've experienced with xb360/ps3 i'm moving back to pc gaming.
it's the reason I haven't tossed my 360 out. I keep it just for the occasional Bayonetta session. I'm hoping that there will be a Bayonetta 2 hyper omega awesome edition for 360/ps3 (Or please God. P.C.) I'm really down on consoles this generation.
They might think it has a neat lineup later, I mean look at Bayonetta 2 coming out of the blue.
I don't think it will ever be leaving the wiiU though Nintendo is funding and publishing it.
By the time such an edition ever happens if ever the rest of next gen will be there.
So the chances of Bayonetta 2 ever being on anythign besides the wiiu is practically 0%.
You are going to have to buy it if you want this game buddy.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
7thHanyou said:
Rastrelly said:
UberNoodle said:
So the rule is, I gather, that exclusives suck when Nintendo has them. I see.
Exclusiveness suck. Period.
Wait, what? Exclusives are awesome. They're what makes any given console stand out.
Otherwise, all you get is a bunch of weaker PCs.
Yes, that is exactly what I mean ;) If console developers would create universal game standarts they'd need to compete service-wise, optimisation-wise etc. Now they live on those exclusives and that is a pointless money-sucking which only stops the industry from actual development. Imagine you could play any PC indy on your PS3? Or even Halo, why not? Or to play FF series on PC? From gamer perspective THIS is how industry should look like. Now it is entirely broken.

UberNoodle

Apr 6, 2010
Denamic said:
UberNoodle said:
They suck when they swap platforms, away from their established fanbase.
It also sucks when a game is never made because a publisher doesn't want it and yet no other can get at it.

UberNoodle

Apr 6, 2010
Rastrelly said:
UberNoodle said:
That's not the impression I get when every generation, without fail, thread after thread is made to tout exclusives and their divine right to appear on a particular console.

No, these hurt egos in regard to Bayonetta 2 are upset that this time, NINTENDO has an exclusive which they want.

WHy do gamers these days display this compulsion to make all things divisive. Exclusives don't bother rational people who either buy the system they are on, wait for the exclusivity to expire (or for a later sequel) or they simply play OTHER games.

namhorFnodroG

Nov 2, 2011
Well, I can understand their rage. They played the game on another console, and liked it. Now that a sequal has been announced, they have to buy another console to be able to play it. But it still is no reason to be mad at Nintendo.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
UberNoodle said:
Rastrelly said:
UberNoodle said:
That's not the impression I get when every generation, without fail, thread after thread is made to tout exclusives and their divine right to appear on a particular console.

No, these hurt egos in regard to Bayonetta 2 are upset that this time, NINTENDO has an exclusive which they want.

WHy do gamers these days display this compulsion to make all things divisive. Exclusives don't bother rational people who either buy the system they are on, wait for the exclusivity to expire (or for a later sequel) or they simply play OTHER games.
As I stated before:
If console developers would create universal game standards they'd need to compete service-wise, optimisation-wise etc. Now they live on those exclusives and that is a pointless money-sucking which only stops the industry from actual development. Imagine you could play any PC indy on your PS3? Or even Halo, why not? Or to play FF series on PC? From gamer perspective THIS is how industry should look like. Now it is entirely broken.
What I mean is everyone could benefit from de-exclusivisation of the industry.