Be your own nation, opress your own masses and rule your own kingdom.

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
Vanguard1219 said:
ShockValue said:
Well we don't even know if you have the largest army anymore, so for all we know someone could match you.
I know that you can't, and that's enough for me XD
Well I never had the intention of coming into conflict with the Holy Empire of Saurea. Even though you did decide to side against me...

Khedive Rex

Jun 1, 2008
ShockValue said:
I was going to take your land, therefore we should be allies. Now I need to destroy Carthage.
Yes, I think we should be allies. You take Carthage, I'll take Emulsyvania, we'll split the island in half and call it a day. I can be the Scotland to your England. And Martinell can be our Ireland. Of course, that makes Ultrajoe France. Which makes Dastopia Germany?

... This metaphor has gone a little off-topic.

As for you Saurea, The Armed Republic of Khedive Rex has no interest in a landlocked central empire on the other side of the world. Go forth! Conquer! Just remeber, the seas are ours.

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
Khedive Rex said:
ShockValue said:
I was going to take your land, therefore we should be allies. Now I need to destroy Carthage.
Yes, I think we should be allies. You take Carthage, I'll take Emulsyvania, we'll split the island in half and call it a day. I can be the Scotland to your England. And Martinell can be our Ireland. Of course, that makes Ultrajoe France. Which makes Dastopia Germany?

As for you Saurea, The Armed Republic of Khedive Rex has no interest in a landlocked central empire on the other side of the world. Go forth! Conquer! Just remeber, the seas are ours.
Great idea. We have to watch put though, there are some nations within the region who are apparently against you going around destroying smaller, weaker nations that deserve it.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
ShockValue said:
Khedive Rex said:
ShockValue said:

Great idea. We have to watch put though, there are some nations within the region who are apparently against you going around destroying smaller, weaker nations that deserve it.
Yeah, I know.Saurea and Barettstia
Them and their punk selves.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
http://www.nationstates.net/savage_dogs

I wanted something that went with my name but Mad dogs were taken :(

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
berethond said:
ShockValue said:
Khedive Rex said:
ShockValue said:

Yeah, I know.Saurea and Barettstia
Them and their punk selves.
Yeah, you, Khedive and me should all team up.

Khedive Rex

Jun 1, 2008
Quick question(s):

1) Is there any precident for military activity? Is it all roleplaying or is there a legit method through which wars take place?

2) Is there any way to tell the military size and/or distribution of countries in our region?

3) Are there sufficient advantages/disadvantages realtive to distance from target?

4) What would be the results of winning/losing a war? Is the losing nation pushed off the map?

If you can't tell, I'm seriously considering consolidating my position in the north of my island. I suppose that brings up inevitable question number 5.

5) Who is The Holy Empire of Emulsyvania?

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Khedive Rex said:
Quick question(s):

1) Is there any precident for military activity? Is it all roleplaying or is there a legit method through which wars take place?

2) Is there any way to tell the military size and/or distribution of countries in our region?

3) Are there sufficient advantages/disadvantages realtive to distance from target?

4) What would be the results of winning/losing a war? Is the losing nation pushed off the map?

If you can't tell, I'm seriously considering consolidating my position in the north of my island. I suppose that brings up inevitable question number 5.

5) Who is The Holy Empire of Emulsyvania?
1) RPing, in the forum marked "international incidents"
As an example, heres this one concerning Berethond.
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3944&p=130685
Didn't come down to actual conflict though.

2) Every so often the daily world assembly census will be "largest military", that's a good way to tell. Other than that, nations with a larger population will generally have larger armies.

Since he'll probably say it if I don't, I should point out that Vanguard (Saurea), in the last census, had the largest army.

If you want to make claim about the size of your army, there's always the possibility of writing a factbook entry about your nation. But I don't think anyone's going to take it seriously if you, for example, say "My nation has an army, navy and airforce five times larger than anyone elses, with twice as gooder training."

3) Buh?

4) Gloating about it mainly, RPs of Wars don't effect the main portion of the game. So with that said, nations do not get ejected from the region.

5)Flying Emu probably.

Khedive Rex

Jun 1, 2008
The Iron Ninja said:
Khedive Rex said:

3) Buh?

4) Gloating about it mainly, RPs of Wars don't effect the main portion of the game. So with that said, nations do not get ejected from the region.
3) Let me ask the question directly, if I declare war on Emulsyvania do I have to consider Saurea a threat even though they're on the other side of the map?

4) Do I still absorb their land?

The Iron Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Khedive Rex said:
The Iron Ninja said:
Khedive Rex said:

3) Buh?

3) Let me ask the question directly, if I declare war on Emulsyvania do I have to consider Saurea a threat even though they're on the other side of the map?

4) Do I still absorb their land?
3) They have an air force, and will probably get permission from a neighbour with access to the ocean to move their troops through and get them to you. So yes.

4) That's up to Flying Emu.

Khedive Rex

Jun 1, 2008
The Iron Ninja post=362.116207.2404779 said:
3) They have an air force, and will probably get permission from a neighbour with access to the ocean to move their troops through and get them to you. So yes.
Hmm ... does the Berethond, Archonis-Thay and Bracyuria alliance still stand? Saurea has a airforce yes, but then again I have a navy. And so do you. If you have a deal with Archonis-Thay you could ship those peace-tired soldiers of yours over to (it doesn't have a name on the map so I'm going to call it Central Sea until someone comes up with something more witty). Berethond and Archonis-Thay could run intereference for you on the acknowledgement that we could provide mutual naval bombardment of Dragonrabbits. In addition, we'd be creating a situation where Saurea wouldn't have full use of it's defenses. A significant portion of their airforce and any soliders they decide to ship on allied vessels would be too distant to defend Saurea from a mutual assault by Berethond and Archonis.

... It probably wouldn't be enough to conquer Saurea, but we could force a military stalemate. Probably significantly weaken his influence in the area. And if he calls truce, Tregonia and Trois-mots have to ship thier troops directly to Dragonrabit's border with Berethond instead of Saurea. So, we'd simultaneously reduce Dragonrabbit's troops support and force them to fight on one front instead of two.

... As you can probably tell I'm something of a strategy-buff. I feel like I'm planing WW1.

Thought?

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Vanguard1219 said:
ShockValue said:
Well we don't even know if you have the largest army anymore, so for all we know someone could match you.
I know that you can't, and that's enough for me XD
Remember I had the second (or was it third?) largest, your army is not so great as to stand up to me and even a single ally.

I expect you to be the top of the ladder at next census, I want to know who is second.

Khedive Rex

Jun 1, 2008
Knight Templar, which country are you?

EDIT:

Never mind. You're Archonis-Thay. I must say, that is too perfect.

What do you think of the battleplan I described above?

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Khedive Rex said:
Knight Templar, which country are you?

EDIT:

Never mind. You're Archonis-Thay. I must say, that is too perfect.

What do you think of the battleplan I described above?
It seems sound, but I am reluctant to endanger Archon lives in the name of attack. The army would of course move to defend our allies, but to attack?

Now is not the time, we will provide any support needed, but no Thay-ian troop would enter Surean lands.

[sup] If an attack fails and the Sureans push beyond their boarders to retaliate, we would intervene.[/sup]

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
Let me go ahead and save you the trouble: Saurea doesn't care about Emulsyvania. With an exception of that threat directed at Carthage (c'mon, a nation of over 90 million trying to steamroll over a nation of 6 million) Saurea has a strict policy of not giving a damn about conflicts that aren't happening directly at our borders.

In fact, the only reason we were even involved in the Berethond Incident is because a war between Berethond and Dragonrabbits would have potentially destabilized everything along our eastern border.Hell, if even one of those two nations didn't border us and this conflict then broke out way may have ended up ignoring it entirely.

Saurea isn't just going to rush halfway across the world to help everybody that gets attacked on a whim? Who do you think we are, the United States?

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Khedive Rex said:
The Iron Ninja post=362.116207.2404779 said:
Hmm ... does the Berethond, Archonis-Thay and Bracyuria alliance still stand? Saurea has a airforce yes, but then again I have a navy. And so do you. If you have a deal with Archonis-Thay you could ship those peace-tired soldiers of yours over to (it doesn't have a name on the map so I'm going to call it Central Sea until someone comes up with something more witty). Berethond and Archonis-Thay could run intereference for you on the acknowledgement that we could provide mutual naval bombardment of Dragonrabbits. In addition, we'd be creating a situation where Saurea wouldn't have full use of it's defenses. A significant portion of their airforce and any soliders they decide to ship on allied vessels would be too distant to defend Saurea from a mutual assault by Berethond and Archonis.

... It probably wouldn't be enough to conquer Saurea, but we could force a military stalemate. Probably significantly weaken his influence in the area. And if he calls truce, Tregonia and Trois-mots have to ship thier troops directly to Dragonrabit's border with Berethond instead of Saurea. So, we'd simultaneously reduce Dragonrabbit's troops support and force them to fight on one front instead of two.

... As you can probably tell I'm something of a strategy-buff. I feel like I'm planing WW1.

Thought?
It's a good plan, but Saurea has stated that he doesn't care about Emusylvania.

However, I would recommend against attacking it by yourself. Your nation's populations are nearly equal, but one of Emu's main industries is Arms Manufacturing.
I don't believe I can help you this time, I need my armies if Dragonrabbits get fresh with me.
<color=white>But I can sell you some Uranium....

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Totaltruth said:
What an awesome site, my country was just founded:p.
http://www.nationstates.net/callidum
Now move to our region
http://www.nationstates.net/region=escapikickass