"... Because, its faster than Walking!"

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
piinyouri said:
Symphony of the Night. I don't think I've ever seen anyone play where they didn't exclusively use the slide feature to get around.
Quick, I must face away from all the monsters and slide backwards into them!! It's the only way I'll get to explore half of this place within the day!!

There's been quite a few shooters where puling out your knife/axe will make you move a little faster, all the while making your character look like he's going to enjoy "stabby-stabby" time.

Oddly enough, in NS2, dropping the pistol will speed up a marine. I guess that thing is made of pure lead. It's a risky move though as you'll likely need it against a good alien team.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
ShinyCharizard said:
Morrowind. Get your acrobatics up and motherfucking jump to the next city.
Yes, this gave a very clear avantange (even without any chaets/ scrolls/ ect)
same is for gta san andreas. not sure if you know, its not easy to notice, but if you sprint+jump you actually travel faster than just runing, and you can be out of stamina and that woudl still work. though its really tough to actualyl run out of stamine if you got stamina skill up.
another trick in SA i picked up when playing online is tapping spacebar. the first step of sprinting is faster than the rest, so if you continuosly tap it as fast as you can you will see a noticable difference in the speed you are runing. well that and a sore finger and broken keyboard. but hey i ran away from that cop after robing him of 3 millions. its definitely worth it.

Captain Billy

Dec 18, 2012
MajorTomServo said:
HUT HYAT HUT HYAH HUT HUT HYAH HUT HYAH
I mean, yeah. Pretty much. I remember playing Dragon Age for the first time and instinctively tapping X just to try and make my guy do a little roly-poly.